Just someone

Just someone

May 17, 2023
Ik that over the counter medication is not strong enough most of the time but I did hear from my bf that someone he had known had died from taking 20 or so pain killers. I'm wondering if someone knows specific type of over the counter medication which is easily available and can also kill in high dosage. Kindly also tell the dosage if you know. Context I am 5'5 ft and 50 kg approx
Also if not that then any type of combination of pills that is first easily available and second react with each other violently enough to kill me.
I just took 10 pain killer cuz yeah idk I wanted to do something and it was there so why not. Point is that unlike jumping from hight or hanging myself my brain didn't get alarmed that something is wrong, It's only 5-10 min later that I'd start to feel the effect which is minor stomachache fn but as the time and dosage increase it'll increase as well and ig I can take temporary pain for permanent peace... I'm just scared about actually surviving the actual attempt and ending up with intense liver damage but still if none of my other plan work then ig I can make it my last plan
Any suggestions or advice are welcomed

• Hugs
Reactions: Demian
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
Tylenol/paracetamol/acetominophen
An overdose of Tylenol has a probability of ~5% or less of killing you. That is an incredibly low chance. If you succeed, odds are it will be slowly over the course of days to weeks, or even months, as your liver slowly shuts down. This would be an excruciatingly painful death. Liver failure causes your skin to turn yellow, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fowl smelling pale stools, and even the potential for massive esophageal bleeding. More than likely, however, you will throw up for several hours before returning back to baseline over the next few days. If you do seek medical care, you will be given the reversal drug and then sent to the psych ward after being medically stabilized.

Other over the counter medications
While over the counter availability differs from country to country, the rule remains that if it can be purchased without a prescription, it is not a method. These medications have been deemed safe enough by your country's government through rigorous testing that they feel confident giving free access to them. This means that the odds of you being able to overdose on it are very low. Once again, less than 10%, though the exact statistic will vary from drug to drug. Generally, no matter what medication you chose, the answer will be waking up in your vomit feeling like you're more hung over than ever. Things such as ibuprofen or other NSAIDs will do nothing but make you vomit. The amount that you would have to take in order to reach toxic levels is high enough that you will throw up before your body gets to that point. If you manage to reach lethal levels, it will be painful and slow, often resulting in severe abdominal pain, seizures and other neurological symptoms. Your kidneys will work overtime to flush it out of your system and you have a very high chance of waking up in a pool of your own vomit. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is another common overdose (this is over the counter in the US, though I know it is prescription in other countries, however the consensus stands) that results in severe hallucinations. These are often described by people who have survived as absolutely terrifying. Following that is likely seizures and coma, however the odds of it being lethal are not in your favor, especially if medical attention is given. It has the potential to cause cardiac side effects, however all of this considered, the fatality rates are considered low, the highest death rate I was able to find was 14%, however this varies from source to source.

Prescription medications
This method has a lot more nuance to it, as certain prescriptions have a high likelihood of lethality when taken in the right doses, while others have next to 0 chance. Generally, most prescriptions have a low chance of killing you. Psychiatric medications are the most discussed on this forum, and are also on the lower end of having any shot at killing you. Antidepressants vary in chance of killing you, though even the most toxic (tricyclics) have only about a 14% chance, not a very good statistic. At worst, certain antidepressants have only a 0.5% chance. Other medications, such as those taken for chronic conditions, vary wildly, however the list of those with a high chance of killing you is significantly shorter than the ones with little or moderate chance. Obviously it would be far too tedious to go and list off all of them.

• Informative
Reactions: LunarLight and bridgegirl
Just someone

Just someone

May 17, 2023
Tylenol/paracetamol/acetominophen
An overdose of Tylenol has a probability of ~5% or less of killing you. That is an incredibly low chance. If you succeed, odds are it will be slowly over the course of days to weeks, or even months, as your liver slowly shuts down. This would be an excruciatingly painful death. Liver failure causes your skin to turn yellow, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fowl smelling pale stools, and even the potential for massive esophageal bleeding. More than likely, however, you will throw up for several hours before returning back to baseline over the next few days. If you do seek medical care, you will be given the reversal drug and then sent to the psych ward after being medically stabilized.

Other over the counter medications
While over the counter availability differs from country to country, the rule remains that if it can be purchased without a prescription, it is not a method. These medications have been deemed safe enough by your country's government through rigorous testing that they feel confident giving free access to them. This means that the odds of you being able to overdose on it are very low. Once again, less than 10%, though the exact statistic will vary from drug to drug. Generally, no matter what medication you chose, the answer will be waking up in your vomit feeling like you're more hung over than ever. Things such as ibuprofen or other NSAIDs will do nothing but make you vomit. The amount that you would have to take in order to reach toxic levels is high enough that you will throw up before your body gets to that point. If you manage to reach lethal levels, it will be painful and slow, often resulting in severe abdominal pain, seizures and other neurological symptoms. Your kidneys will work overtime to flush it out of your system and you have a very high chance of waking up in a pool of your own vomit. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is another common overdose (this is over the counter in the US, though I know it is prescription in other countries, however the consensus stands) that results in severe hallucinations. These are often described by people who have survived as absolutely terrifying. Following that is likely seizures and coma, however the odds of it being lethal are not in your favor, especially if medical attention is given. It has the potential to cause cardiac side effects, however all of this considered, the fatality rates are considered low, the highest death rate I was able to find was 14%, however this varies from source to source.

Prescription medications
This method has a lot more nuance to it, as certain prescriptions have a high likelihood of lethality when taken in the right doses, while others have next to 0 chance. Generally, most prescriptions have a low chance of killing you. Psychiatric medications are the most discussed on this forum, and are also on the lower end of having any shot at killing you. Antidepressants vary in chance of killing you, though even the most toxic (tricyclics) have only about a 14% chance, not a very good statistic. At worst, certain antidepressants have only a 0.5% chance. Other medications, such as those taken for chronic conditions, vary wildly, however the list of those with a high chance of killing you is significantly shorter than the ones with little or moderate chance. Obviously it would be far too tedious to go and list off all of them
Thank you for the information but it doesn't mention anything about reaction or interaction between two or more kind of medication. I am not sure if that would actually do the job but I still think it's better than nothing. If you know more about it kindly tell me more about that.

Demian

Demian

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
I've already taken 3 grams of morphine + 21 grams of phenobarbital. I panicked because I thought I was going to lose consciousness in 5 minutes and it didn't happen. Then I panicked, asked for help and, by some miracle, I'm here.

I know that morphine is a painkiller and phenobarbital isn't, but they have a synergistic effect.

There were 210 phenobarital tablets + 60 morphine tablets.

I'm only saying all this because if I survived with morphine and phenobarbital, imagine with these non-prescription drugs. By some miracle I didn't have any permanent damage.

Reactions: Fangarina and LunarLight
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm sorry that life has brought you to this point.
Though there are a few deaths from "pain killers", you have more chances of causing yourself more pain & hardship by using OTC drugs.
Even the most dangerous Rx drugs have less than 14% chance of success.
You have a chance of severe liver damage & that's no joke!
Maybe read through some of the megathreads to find info on other accessible methods.
I do hope you're able to find some semblance of peace 🌹💔

Just someone

Just someone

May 17, 2023
So
I've already taken 3 grams of morphine + 21 grams of phenobarbital. I panicked because I thought I was going to lose consciousness in 5 minutes and it didn't happen. Then I panicked, asked for help and, by some miracle, I'm here.

I know that morphine is a painkiller and phenobarbital isn't, but they have a synergistic effect.

There were 210 phenobarital tablets + 60 morphine tablets.

I'm only saying all this because if I survived with morphine and phenobarbital, imagine with these non-prescription drugs. By some miracle I didn't have any permanent damage.
That sounds very demotivating for me... I want to be able to die for sure at end if I am going to suffer at end. Ig it just tells me that it's not an reliable option to look into. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope things are better for you now.
I'm sorry that life has brought you to this point.
Though there are a few deaths from "pain killers", you have more chances of causing yourself more pain & hardship by using OTC drugs.
Even the most dangerous Rx drugs have less than 14% chance of success.
You have a chance of severe liver damage & that's no joke!
Maybe read through some of the megathreads to find info on other accessible methods.
I do hope you're able to find some semblance of peace 🌹💔
Thank you buddy. Ig cuz you are also posting on this forum life hasn't been good to you either but thank you for caring about others even through everything you are truly kind. As for the advice I really appreciate that and I have looked into various megathreads in past but I'll try to find a better and more accessible method. Thank you for being kind in this cruel world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Demian
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Unfortunately, ODs are generally not a reliable method. Why ODs Fail Miserably (A Guide)

As for combinations, there are drug cocktails designed for things like MAID which are really the only consistent methodology when it comes to drugs for CTB, but acquiring those medications would be extremely expensive assuming you source the actual medications and not just a scam on a DNM. Unless actually prescribed them from a doctor for MAID, it is a pretty cost prohibitive method for most people. The PPH has a 5-drug cocktail or you can also use the search feature here to look up MAID protocols. When searching on here, use the protocol names: DDMP2, D-DMP2, DDMA etc and you should find various threads about it pretty quickly. All are over 1 hour avg (I believe). Maxes from 3.8 to 39 hours. So it could take some time. Being able to crush that many tablets (if legitimate) and consuming that much pulverized powder is going to be very difficult. Which is why these are using a more pure forms from a compounding pharmacy that prepares a dose that does not have all the fillers found in the tablet forms of the medications. Assuming someone doesn't puke it up because it is a lot more quantity than the actual protocols would normally require.

Some additional possibly helpful guides on MAiD protocols:
- https://www.acamaid.org/wp-content/...on-Protocols-for-Medical-Aid-in-Dying-1-1.pdf
- https://www.acamaid.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/12-5-19-DDMA-instead-of-DDMP2.pdf
- https://endoflifewa.org/wp-content/...r-Taking-Life-Ending-Medications-Jan-2020.pdf

But, as of 2024, Academy now recommends one single protocol: DDMAPh (DDMAPh: Digoxin 100 mg, Diazepam 1 gm, Morphine 15 gm, Amitriptyline 8gm, Phenobarbital 5 gm): https://www.acamaid.org/pharmacologyinfoupdates/

I am so sorry you are in so much pain and suffering and hope you find everything you are looking for and get whatever peace & serenity you may be seeking.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter and LunarLight