S

SieMeCryOrDie

Aug 29, 2022
I'm homeless, hungry, tired, and hot. CTB seems like the only option but ATM Im still here. Anyone else with me?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex, Obliviate and Un-
J

Jimblue

Student
Sep 10, 2022
I was nearly been homeless once time in my life and mental I am always homeless.

Are you able to get any service to help you if you don't mind me ask? In some countries, it's not allowed to make people become homeless.

TigerFestival

TigerFestival

Sigh
Aug 21, 2022
I'm going to be homeless once my parents die. Sigh.

• Aww..
Reactions: Un-
S

SieMeCryOrDie

Aug 29, 2022
I was nearly been homeless once time in my life and mental I am always homeless.

Are you able to get any service to help you if you don't mind me ask? In some countries, it's not allowed to make people become homeless.

I'm in the US. There is always listed help, for example hotlines and shelters. Hotlines refer you to inpatient hospitalization if suicidal, or worse track your phone and involuntary commit you. Most shelters don't actually help you out of your situation. It's just a place to sleep that kicks you out at 7am. It's a complicated wheel of "perceived" help. If these services were useful than I wouldn't be homeless πŸ˜”
I'm going to be homeless once my parents die. Sigh.
I know it's not as simple as this...is there anyway you could start preparing before this happens?

J

Jimblue

Student
Sep 10, 2022
I'm in the US. There is always listed help, for example hotlines and shelters. Hotlines refer you to inpatient hospitalization if suicidal, or worse track your phone and involuntary commit you. Most shelters don't actually help you out of your situation. It's just a place to sleep that kicks you out at 7am. It's a complicated wheel of "perceived" help. If these services were useful than I wouldn't be homeless πŸ˜”

I know it's not as simple as this...is there anyway you could start preparing before this happens?
I am so sorry to hear that. I am UK based. I even don't know you have to leave in the morning, that does not make sense to me. Any chance you can apply social benefits such as job seeking allowance or mental illness disability benefit?

S

SieMeCryOrDie

Aug 29, 2022
I am so sorry to hear that. I am UK based. I even don't know you have to leave in the morning, that does not make sense to me. Any chance you can apply social benefits such as job seeking allowance or mental illness disability benefit?
Job seeking allowance? This is a thing in the UK? That would be amazing and a huge help. I've always wanted to visit. I know the UK has its own issues but it seems like an upgrade from here. From basic research it seems even for mental health resources the UK has more options. State programs are backlogged anywhere from 1-8 months just for therapy alone, not including a psychiatry appointment. Disability benefits can take anywhere from 1 to many years. I'm sure I won't make it that long.

J

Jimblue

Student
Sep 10, 2022
Job seeking allowance? This is a thing in the UK? That would be amazing and a huge help. I've always wanted to visit. I know the UK has its own issues but it seems like an upgrade from here. From basic research it seems even for mental health resources the UK has more options. State programs are backlogged anywhere from 1-8 months just for therapy alone, not including a psychiatry appointment. Disability benefits can take anywhere from 1 to many years. I'm sure I won't make it that long.
Yes, in UK. People can apply job seeking allowances if they don't have a job or working in very few hours a week. And it's not legal to make anyone to be homeless here. So council would give you a house or range you something like a hotel for months or years. But the hotel would be really shit. And the government will give you a transport card but only can take bus. And they will also give supermarket vouchers, free tin foods etc. So the life could be okay in some stage but it would not take your mental pain away. It's usually lots of shit happen in council houses too. Mental illness qualified as disability as well in UK, so the benefits would be higher.

But tax are much higher here and our living cost is higher here too. There is no super fancy city here such as New York.

UK has lots of different service for mental health, like care home or residential home. Some people can live there for the entire life.

Regarding to the UK law, every one has to have the own room and usually come with a bath room.

There are other services life groups, well bean cafe, free activities groups, recovery colleagues. Basement projects for people mis use drugs and alcohols.

Also has lots of volunteers who truly want to help people with all sorts of difficulties.

2 months ago, my support worker advice me live in refuge and living on benefits. I declined offer because it not the life I want. And I will still suffer from my illness. My uncle stayed in a special hospital for over 50 years now and he is still there.

I have a psychiatrist but I am on the waiting list for 4 years now to see a psychologist and there is still not progress.

TigerFestival

TigerFestival

Sigh
Aug 21, 2022
I would if I could. If I could find fulltime work that pays a decent wage, then I wouldn't worry about it, sadly I can't even get a low paying part time job. Florida is fucking expensive to live in and finding jobs here is a nightmare ugh.

πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
I've been homeless for on and off for 10 years.
I always had what I needed. If I didn't have it I would get it somehow. Closed mouths don't get fed. Are you in the us?
Edit: I just seen that you are in the US I'm not sure what state you're in. I would just keep in contact with the locals who are homeless and maybe you can find information from them what's the best direction for you to head in. I've been homeless all throughout the us but I would usually choose to go to places like Colorado Oregon and California. If I was in a town or a city where things weren't working out very well I would just communicate with travelers and other people who are homeless and ask them what's the best place to be in for resources and I would end up going there. A lot of these shelters will pay for bus tickets.
I did hate those shelters that made you get up and leave at like 7:00 a.m.. that's why I ended up camping most of the time and just going to the other resources throughout the daytime to get food and stuff like that.
I did hate those shelters that made you get up and leave at like 7:00 a.m.. that's why I ended up camping most of the time and just going to the other resources throughout the daytime to get food and stuff like that. I know you probably would rather keep your location anonymous but if you do decide to tell the area in which you're in I might be able to send you in a good direction I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowsAgainstCapitali