D

Dewdmael

Apr 4, 2020
I know that substance abuse often comes from a desire to ameliorate the feeling of a harsh existence. I also know that when I resort to chemical substances I usually feel worse than I did before.

I am just wondering: Is there anyone here who abstains from all forms of chemical inebriation, including caffeine? (This is the one that has me in its clutches)

I was just wondering how many of us still want to suicide while completely free of the influence of any chemicals. Thanks for all the replies.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, oneside, Nem and 1 other person
psyche

psyche

Sep 27, 2018
Me.
Using substances to ameliorate feelings of a harsh existence sounds perfect right about now.

Reactions: enjolras
S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
I drank a lot when I was younger. I still want to, but alcohol now gives me terrible nightmares. And the dreams are almost always about the bad things in my life, amplified. They always seem a lot more real, and scarier in my dreams. Caffeine on the other hand keeps me awake at night, and gives me hypnic jerks, it's like I'm so tired but I can't sleep.

I think alcohol will accompany me on my last journey, for courage.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
D

Dewdmael

Apr 4, 2020
I drank a lot when I was younger. I still want to, but alcohol now gives me terrible nightmares. And the dreams are almost always about the bad things in my life, amplified. They always seem a lot more real, and scarier in my dreams. Caffeine on the other hand keeps me awake at night, and gives me hypnic jerks, it's like I'm so tired but I can't sleep.

I think alcohol will accompany me on my last journey, for courage.

So you don't drink caffeine anymore friend?

S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
Almost never, once in a blue moon I might drink a cup of tea in the morning if I know I have a long day ahead. I never touch it after 9am, and never coffee anymore. I adore coffee, but its effects is much worse for me. I am almost guaranteed to have hypnic jerks at night, which I detest the most.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie and Dewdmael
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
At first I would answer "Yes, I'm completely sober", but since you also mention caffeine, my answer is "Nope". So far, caffeine makes me harder to sleep but doesn't seem to influence my suicidal thoughts. So if I'm completely sober, I think I still want to suicide due to my circumstances.

PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I used to drink alcohol and smoke weed, but these days I'm down to coffee and cigarettes only.

Reactions: moodygrl
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I know that substance abuse often comes from a desire to ameliorate the feeling of a harsh existence. I also know that when I resort to chemical substances I usually feel worse than I did before.

I am just wondering: Is there anyone here who abstains from all forms of chemical inebriation, including caffeine? (This is the one that has me in its clutches)

I was just wondering how many of us still want to suicide while completely free of the influence of any chemicals. Thanks for all the replies.
Me, I only take an antidepressant. Drugs are shit.

E

Empirespy

Apr 14, 2020
I'm a happy drinker but I'm so put off by the price of alcohol I rarely buy it. Those times when I'm down and I could drown my sorrows, I can't bring myself to leave the house, so that keeps me from turning to alcohol as a coping mechanism. Funny how it is now part of my ctb plan.

B

BlockedMind

Apr 20, 2020
I don't smoke and I don't drink, not even coffeine. I could also get into a good shape. But the reason has a lot more to do with mental issues that I just am having a lot of trouble handling.

Reactions: Kamiotesoro
Kamiotesoro

Kamiotesoro

✌️
Apr 27, 2020
Me, to be honest. I personally hate any kind of drugs including nicotine and alcohol since I've seen what it does to people and that's not the way I want to be remembered. That's not to say I despise people who use this escape method) it's just that people deal with everything differently and I respect their ways.

Reactions: Élégie, KleinerWolf and BlockedMind
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
Like others, I have to say me. I'm completely sober. Simply put, drugs scare me. In mental hospitals, a lot of the kids do drugs to cope. Most of them do weed but some do hard drugs as well. It was astonishing, I've never done anything in my life so I was insanely curious and asked a lot of questions. I realized that this way just a way of coping, albeit a harmful way. After seeing what nicotine, alcohol, and hard drugs do to a person, I can for sure say that's not how I want to escape my pain. If I wanted to cope harmfully, I'd cut myself. Haven't done that in years so I just cope by coming to these forums.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I went two years sober and was still depressed and anxious. I exercised every day, ate healthy, did breathing exercises. I then turned to antidepressants after my mother died and four months in developed akathisia because of them and it ruined my life. I lost a relationship, a good job and benefits, my home, most of my belongings and had to move in with my father at the age of 33 while other physical ailments and mental health deteriorated all at once. This when I became, literally, dead set on suicide. I was suicidal before, but never actually made any plans. I attempted four times in December, when my akathisia was at its worse. I couldn't get the partial hanging down, so here I am, waiting for the covid to pass to ctb with my partner. I now take kratom and without it, I wouldn't be able to wait. It doesn't make it worse for me. I don't get high off it or anything though and am still depressed while taking it, but at least I can function and work. Drinking always made everything worse, though. Much much worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and enjolras
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I am. Had alcohol twice my entire life, 7 years apart. Wasn't drunk at any point either. When I was maybe 15 I tied dropping hints to a friend who did drugs that I was interested. She saw through it and shot me down. I owe for her that, cause I can feel an addict inside of me. I've never even taken an advil lol Also I hate the taste of caffeine soooo...

Reactions: Kmoposse
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I smoke weed. With the quarantine and it being legal here I've been smoking a lot more.

I just smoked a preroll a few hours ago and went biking around the city I live in while listening to music.

It was a nice day today, nice and sunny with clear skies. Also the flowers and trees are really beginning to bloom here so it looks beautiful.

I don't like alcohol, don't smoke tobacco, and have never tried any other drug besides weed.

I do like weed though very much, big fan of it.

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005 and itsamadworld
dibbydoo

dibbydoo

LightheWorld!*
Apr 20, 2020
Me, never drink now, got bored with it about 10 years ago, I prefer a glass of water & some raw pumpkin seeds now! :pfff: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I don't drink either. Weed though is a major crux. Best friend and worst enemy. Don't have any now which is why I can't sleep. Or maybe that's the caffeine. Endless cups of tea are a good substitute

• Hugs
Reactions: dibbydoo
dibbydoo

dibbydoo

LightheWorld!*
Apr 20, 2020
I don't drink either. Weed though is a major crux. Best friend and worst enemy. Don't have any now which is why I can't sleep. Or maybe that's the caffeine. Endless cups of tea are a good substitute
Get some Pumpkin Seeds!
I don't think you can smoke 'em though! :pfff:

Signing off for now, Night Night Mr2005, ✨✨✨

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Don't smoke much weed anymore, I do drink coffee in the morning but I only sleep three hours a night and I wouldn't be able to drive 150 miles a day without it. Everyday I have to fight the urge to drive head on with a semi, it's not easy
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and dibbydoo
T

the end is near

Mar 9, 2020
I don't take drugs, alcohol, or caffeine (coffee). No need to.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Maxximilian, Lethe and Mr2005
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I've never had any interest in taking drugs, never seen the appeal. I used to drink alcohol occasionally but it never did anything for me. I got blackout drunk last Christmas after drinking a bottle of wine and got extremely sick from it. Since then I've sworn off alcohol.

Reactions: the end is near and Nem
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
One of the things that bothers me the most about being physically ill is that I can't drink anymore. It was never a "problem" - I'm the type that quietly drinks too much wine while making dinner, or a few scotches after the house is quiet. I never went a night without my booze. And now I'm sick (hmmm). I am so angry at my health and self care choices, as they very well could have caused my autoimmune. Doesn't stop me from missing my drinking as only a true Irish could.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Stone cold sober here. I don't want to ctb. I'm dying from chronic illness, malabsorption and malnutrition that can't be fixed. The suffering and torture is what's leading me to ctb.

Reactions: the end is near and RileyTanaka
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I don't do tea or coffee, don't like them, its water, fresh Orange juice or .... rum for me!
I hate fizzy drinks too

Never done drugs, never had any interest in them
Alcohol though, well Rum, makes me forget the shit in my head, it sends me hyper and happy, I never suffer hang overs, which is prob a bad thing.

moodygrl

moodygrl

Apr 25, 2020
I used to drink a lot in my student and after student years and I smoked some weed. dont do any anymore. Weed is bad for me unfortunatelly.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I used to drink alcohol and smoke weed, but these days I'm down to coffee and cigarettes only.
Now you only need to get a vape and you're as good as straight edge. Or Snus.

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Unfortunately, I have a kind of resistance towards alcohol and weed before it triggers, then it's close to too late for the entertainment, the barrier of blunt>numb bordering illness is crossed. It seems I'm only sensitive to the bad effects of chemicals. Still, think my mental health has missed some mysterious abuse as a sanity's loophole. I wish to start microdosing shrooms.
NB: I could become addicted to "new wine" (not yet matured, still fermenting with bubbles), Ambrusco wine, cider, but take too much weight from sugary drinks

Baa baa baa [x4]

I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Or hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Or passing out at all the shows

'Cause I've got straight edge

I laugh at the thought of dropping ludes
I laugh at the thought of sniffing glue

'Cause I've got straight edge

Baa baa baa [x8]

Ohh I've got straight edge

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Painkillers. Not always for pain anymore. Just because. I know they're killing me. I miss alcohol though, it was always a good friend. Too much tea as well