MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Legit just wondering how long you guys sleep and if you guys like have a circumstance that forces you to wake up early (school/work/whatever) and if that influences your sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and Harrow
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
My watch claims I get somewhere between 4-8 hours a night, but my "in bed" time is always 8-9 hours.
I wouldn't be getting any sleep if it wasn't for mary jane

Reactions: Harrow
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
0-4 hours or 12 hours, no in between :'). I often pull multiple all nighters a week.

Reactions: Clasrink, nanaka and Skntd
cardboard_house

cardboard_house

he/him | i'm so tired. so, so tired.
Sep 17, 2023
I try to stay relatively consistent. Usually six hours when I have school and then 9 or 10 on weekends, but I spend a lot of time in bed awake.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Legit just wondering how long you guys sleep and if you guys like have a circumstance that forces you to wake up early (school/work/whatever) and if that influences your sleep.
Lol I have sleeping issues and insomnia so I can't even fall asleep…and when I do fall asleep, I have trouble staying asleep. I always wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep

Lately, I've been passing out from exhaustion tho. I'm just so fatigued and exhausted….honestly I'm tired of life and living. I wish I could have an eternal rest, and fall asleep and never wake up

Last edited:
Reactions: Harrow
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I try for 6 to 8 every day~

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I wake up so often, that it's hard to say and I don't even have sleep apnea.

I can be awake for 2-3 days with no sleep at times. I used to sleep really well when I was a kid, too. It's torture these days.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I wake up so often, that it's hard to say and I don't even have sleep apnea.

I can be awake for 2-3 days with no sleep at times. I used to sleep really well when I was a kid, too. It's torture these days.
Wow I didn't know that was possible that must suck....sleep is my only blissful place other then fiction.

N

nanaka

Aug 30, 2023
It depends. Sometimes, like right now (which is my usual schedule), I'll sleep less than 4 hours every workday, then sleep 12 hours on the weekend.

And sometimes, when I really can't handle myself anymore and I'm really depressed, I'll call in sick then sleep ~22 hours a day for 4-5 days straight. Usually when I'm in that kind of state, I just get out of bed to eat, then I'll go back to sleep, wake up a few hours later, force myself to fall asleep again, rinse and repeat. I do this because in that kind of state, thinking about anything while awake pains me. Whereas if I wake up and immediately fall back asleep, I'll be in some kind of comatose state where I don't have to think about anything.

Very rarely, I'll sleep regularly for ~10 hours a day, 9PM-7AM. Usually I feel the best when I manage to have this schedule, but it doesn't leave me much time to do anything besides working and chores, so I'll usually fall back from this schedule to either of the 2 previous schedules that I explained.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I try to stay relatively consistent. Usually six hours when I have school and then 9 or 10 on weekends, but I spend a lot of time in bed awake.

It depends. Sometimes, like right now (which is my usual schedule), I'll sleep less than 4 hours every workday, then sleep 12 hours on the weekend.

And sometimes, when I really can't handle myself anymore and I'm really depressed, I'll call in sick then sleep ~22 hours a day for 4-5 days straight. Usually when I'm in that kind of state, I just get out of bed to eat, then I'll go back to sleep, wake up a few hours later, force myself to fall asleep again, rinse and repeat. I do this because in that kind of state, thinking about anything while awake pains me. Whereas if I wake up and immediately fall back asleep, I'll be in some kind of comatose state where I don't have to think about anything.

Very rarely, I'll sleep regularly for ~10 hours a day, 9PM-7AM. Usually I feel the best when I manage to have this schedule, but it doesn't leave me much time to do anything besides working and chores, so I'll usually fall back from this schedule to either of the 2 previous schedules that I explained.
Curious how do you do that and like make a living...cause there are days I'm exhausted with life and just wanna sleep but I'm forced to get up and go to work? Do you work online or do you just not have a job and are living off savings?

cardboard_house

cardboard_house

Sep 17, 2023
Curious how do you do that and like make a living...cause there are days I'm exhausted with life and just wanna sleep but I'm forced to get up and go to work? Do you work online or do you just not have a job and are living off savings?
I'm still living with my parents, so I don't really need to worry too much about work. I find that no matter how long I sleep I'm exhausted anyways so I've just figured out ways to push through the fatigue.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I'm still living with my parents, so I don't really need to worry too much about work. I find that no matter how long I sleep I'm exhausted anyways so I've just figured out ways to push through the fatigue.
Oh that makes sense...I want to hurry up and finish school save up money and then sleep for a long time.

cardboard_house

cardboard_house

Sep 17, 2023
Oh that makes sense...I want to hurry up and finish school save up money and then sleep for a long time.
I actually want to go to university if I feel better someday, so it'll be a little while before I can do that. My parents have put a lot of work into my schooling, so I'd feel bad if I let them down.

Reactions: MiMif
dumblosergirl

dumblosergirl

girl failure
Feb 13, 2023
If I didn't have work, I'd sleep for almost 10-12 hours for the night and then wake up for like an hour to 2 hours and then take naps throughout the day. I spend most my days off sleeping. I don't do anything else.

N

nanaka

Aug 30, 2023
I have a job that pays enough to live even if I don't work 5 days every 2 months or so. I do have to get up and go to work in person.

My expenses are just rent, electricity, gas and internet, I don't pay for anything else.
My company pays for public transport, and I don't have any hobbies that I must pay for. I also live in a small apartment and eat cheap.

I'm paid monthly and make almost no savings in a month, but I do have a reserve of money sitting in my everyday account that I accumulated back when I was living with my parents and didn't have to pay the bills. So I have the cashflow to afford not going to work for a week.

My higher-ups bear with my sudden leaves. There are lots of reasons to that, but I don't really want to expand on those unless you really want me to. Suffice to say that they think I'm still worth keeping even when I suddenly report being sick once every few months.

L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
I average about 9-9.5 hours a night, but my sleep quality is really bad due to medication I have to take for a neurological condition I have. When I was healthier, I was pretty normal and slept ~8 hours a night consistently.

Poor sleep has definitely contributed to my bad mental state.

rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
I sleep for like three hours a night in one hour intervals. I'll usually fall asleep at around 2 a.m., then I'll wake up at 3 a.m. and pass out an hour later. I get up at six and go to school at 7:30. I sleep during lectures to make up for my lack of sleep.

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
Depends. Sometimes 8, sometimes 15 and sometimes 3

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Normally 5-6 a day but that's with pills to calm me. Now it's about 2-4 at a stretch before waking up to take care of the dog.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It never feels like enough honestly, I guess it just depends on the night, last night I found it hard to fall asleep but anyway in my case no amount of temporary sleep could bring any relief, only permanent sleep could.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
First 4-5 hours a few years ago and now recently it went up to 12-13 hours. At least I'm lucky to have a decent sleep schedule (waking up and falling asleep at generally the same times as normal)
But I have been very stressed lately so I now went back to 4-5 hours plus some extra hours of me laying in bed and trying to get out.

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Minimum 5 maximum 8. I wish I was one of those people who could sleep for 9-12 hours.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It never feels like enough honestly, I guess it just depends on the night, last night I found it hard to fall asleep but anyway in my case no amount of temporary sleep could bring any relief, only permanent sleep could.
Same, I'm always so fatigued and exhausted every day. My sleep is never restful or refreshing, I still wake up tired and not well-rested. Permanent sleep would be the ultimate dream

kkkctb

kkkctb

Kkkctb
Sep 19, 2023
I work as a cybersecurity researcher so I have to spend lots of time on my computer which is effecting my sleep.I sleep 4 to 5 in 2 days sometime or 2-3 hour a day it's depends on the work load and the anime I am watching.