T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Every time I think about working I tend to have crippling anxiety. I think it's brought up from a crap ton of workplace harassment, a ton of rejection, and the fact the only way to get by is by masking. Like I've been dealing with autistic burnout for a while now, and IDK if and when it will get better. But for the here and now Idk
Like there is a reason why 65% of us in some areas are homeless, and 85% of us with degrees can't get/keep a job.

Anyways, at this time I prefer death vs working even at Walmart which can't make a serious dent in my life.

How many others here are like this? How many here are like this and are 30+ age range?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: auniqueusername669, domedune, Black Sky and 7 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I couldn't have a normal job! I wanted to ctb because of that! I mean, being a modern slave in an office with the 9-5 and horrible salary system? Nope, thanks.

I mean, I'm a teacher and that's normal for some people but I love it because I'm my own boss and I only work as much as I want.

So, to answer your question: Yes, I'd rather ctb rather than working as a slave until I'm 70.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and Isisnefert
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I would only want a part time job. I can't imagine working full time job.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: natthebrat, CatLove56, nopointofliving and 2 others
S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
Every time I think about working I tend to have crippling anxiety. I think it's brought up from a crap ton of workplace harassment, a ton of rejection, and the fact the only way to get by is by masking. Like I've been dealing with autistic burnout for a while now, and IDK if and when it will get better. But for the here and now Idk
Like there is a reason why 65% of us in some areas are homeless, and 85% of us with degrees can't get/keep a job.

Anyways, at this time I prefer death vs working even at Walmart which can't make a serious dent in my life.

How many others here are like this? How many here are like this and are 30+ age range?
I used to be that way with school, and every year when school was starting up was a day that I planned to commit suicide and ended up putting it off further. I don't know why but the past few years my mood has flattened out so that even though I still get nervous about returning to school it feels no better or worse than staying home.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: auniqueusername669 and Isisnefert
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I used to be that way with school, and every year when school was starting up was a day that I planned to commit suicide and ended up putting it off further. I don't know why but the past few years my mood has flattened out so that even though I still get nervous about returning to school it feels no better or worse than staying home.
Oddly what got me to make it through school is the fact I thought I could get a good job or at least fall back onto the military in an officer rank. When both weren't true and the best I can get is working retail or something of that level. I'm at a fuck it since I tried that and was miserable before. I simply will not work in something like that until I'm dead or somehow managed to retire.

The only thing that is keeping me motivated today to stay alive is my parents and I have a plan about a farm, I enjoy being around my parents, and I vowed to myself I will at least try to stay alive until end of next year. But sadly, it doesn't look like my life is getting any better and I can see more paths for it to get worse nearly everyday.

I think unless if I came around f u money. Like enough to retire off of and do what I want (which isn't much at all). I think there will be a constant worry. My only hope at this second is crypto since I tried nearly everything else I can think of. But I'm thinking of trying writing books again

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I was a NEET for nearly 3 years. While I enjoyed having time for myself at the beginning, I really started to hate it. Eventually, this lifestyle was not sustainable anymore. I had no money and my parents started to turn on me, getting me hospitalized a couple of times (I don't blame them). Anyway, circumstances pressed me to find a job. And I did.

Forward 2 years, work has become maybe the only thing that relieves my suicidality. I do need a day or two off cause it gets tiresome, but I dread being free for more than that. I can't stand being by myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemy and NumbItAll
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No job should want me anyway, I'd do a terrible job.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemy and Skathon
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
It's too stressful for me.
The pay isn't really worth it since i'm a minimalist.
I don't want a house or kids.
I hate my government and don't want to pay taxes here.
I can't really take orders from someone if i know they're incorrect.
Nobody would hire me anyway, my resume has a decade missing.
It would take time away from the things i actually care about.
My life at home is pretty awesome, moving out would suck.
BITCOIIIIIIN!

Probably a few other reasons, but you get the jist of it.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Suicide is my safety net. I hate life and working a regular job would make me even more miserable and probably not even be possible with my mental issues. I don't care about surviving because life sucks. So the plan is either figure something out or ctb. So grateful for this existence. :)

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Skathon
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
I tried having a job, multiple jobs in fact. I was a teacher and when I was a teacher, I was convinced I wanted to go into business. And when I went into business I wanted to go back to education. And then I realized that maybe it was not the field I was working in that was wrong, maybe it was just my depressed self not being able to be happy.

So that's why I prefer death over a job.