LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
How long should I fast before taking the Amitriptyline coctail? I want to take it at around 10 pm.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
How long should I fast before taking the Amitriptyline coctail? I want to take it at around 10 pm.
Im pretty sure its the same as the sn regimen and meto is recommended too.its my preferred method slightly over sn

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Im pretty sure its the same as the sn regimen and meto is recommended too.its my preferred method slightly over sn

I was thinking about this method as well because SN is nearly impossible to get in Canada. I am worried about the time this method takes though. The peaceful pill book says it can take up to 24 hours and I am worried about being found in that time.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I was thinking about this method as well because SN is nearly impossible to get in Canada. I am worried about the time this method takes though. The peaceful pill book says it can take up to 24 hours and I am worried about being found in that time.
Yes thats the drawback. I think amitriptyline is a little bit overlooked on here due to limited stories of it and the popularity of sn.
It seems like a pretty reliable and peaceful method but would have to be done in a hotel room or someone who lives alone as it takes a while. Plus a lot of benzos to keep you in a deep sleep.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Can you even get a shrink to prescribe that any more? They know people use that to ctb.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Can you even get a shrink to prescribe that any more? They know people use that to ctb.
Not easily no its ssris and snris first, they are a last line treatment due to side effects and lethality. I had to go online, which is legal in the uk as its not a controlled substance.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I once had a psychiatric NP spend an entire session attempting to sell me on a partial hospitalization program because she was "very concerned about [my] safety".

At the end, I was sent home with a script for (including refills)... TWELVE GRAMS of amitriptyline. I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity.

Reactions: Meditation guide and GoodPersonEffed
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I once had a psychiatric NP spend an entire session attempting to sell me on a partial hospitalization program because she was "very concerned about [my] safety".

At the end, I was sent home with a script for (including refills)... TWELVE GRAMS of amitriptyline. I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity.
Thats crazy. Just crazy.

LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Plus a lot of benzos to keep you in a deep sleep.
Not true. PPH suggests just 10 oxazepam tablets. The Amitriptyline OD itself works for sleep too in a very strong way.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Not true. PPH suggests just 10 oxazepam tablets. The Amitriptyline OD itself works for sleep too in a very strong way.
Well oxazepam is a benzo for a start. Does it say the dose as ive read the pph and it was talking about ideally a very large doses of 2 different benzos. Which version of the pph handbook are you referring too? Granted ami is sedating and lethal, but something strong needs to be taken with it so that you dont feel the horrible effects of the od.

Last edited:
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Well oxazepam is a benzo for a start. Does it say the dose as ive read the pph and it was talking about ideally 2 very large doses of benzos. Which version of the pph handbook are you referring too? Granted ami is sedating and lethal, but something strong needs to be taken with it so that you dont feel the horrible effects of the od.
Of course oxazepam is benzo. I have PPH 2016 edition and they write: 6x10mg of Meto (40 minutes prior to Ami), 10 grams of Ami, 10 oxazepam tablets and Alcohol. That's it.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
They dont even mention the dosage of the oxazepam then? Just 10 tablets.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
How long should I fast before taking the Amitriptyline coctail?

The one time I tried a tricyclic antidepressant the dry mouth it caused was unbearable so I can't imagine taking an overdose. It was extreme and not something I could tolerate.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
The one time I tried a tricyclic antidepressant the dry mouth it caused was unbearable so I can't imagine taking an overdose. It was extreme and not something I could tolerate.
Its advisable to crush them up and put them into capsules as the taste of them dissolved in water is said to be unbearably bitter.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Its advisable to crush them up and put them into capsules as the taste of them dissolved in water is said to be unbearably bitter.
It wasn't the taste. It was a side effect of the drug, horribly dry mouth. I mean like something no one could stand.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Oh i see. Thats probably a therapuetic issue rather than something that woukd cause a problem in overdose

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Yes, they write just 10 tablets, no dosage.
You can get a much more updated version of the pph than 2016 on the resources here.
The most recent one i saw was anti enemic regimen, preferably meto,. 8 grams of ami followed by either 500 mg diazepam or 300mg of diazepam and another short acting benzo at a high dosage.

Reactions: Lost1804
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
something that woukd cause a problem in overdose
I got that in just one pill so imagine it magnified 1000 times with an OD, especially if it takes 24 hours to die. It would be torture.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I got that in just one pill so imagine it magnified 1000 times with an OD, especially if it takes 24 hours to die. It would be torture.
No because the idea of the ami cocktail taken with enough benzos means that youd be unconscious/in a coma the whole time.

Reactions: LenkaX
L

lilladi

Aug 13, 2020
This is good to know. I have a bunch of amis from when I was on it for sleep and depression years ago. My plan is a cocktail of a bunch of stuff I've gotten over the years. The last time I tried, I tried to take them slowly and I ended up falling asleep. I thought it was enough but woke up fine the next day

Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
This is good to know. I have a bunch of amis from when I was on it for sleep and depression years ago. My plan is a cocktail of a bunch of stuff I've gotten over the years. The last time I tried, I tried to take them slowly and I ended up falling asleep. I thought it was enough but woke up fine the next day
I i think that overdosing on prescription drugs is generally unreliable and thats the common feeling. But i think amitryptyline is a real option as its a toxic older drug, but still relatively easy to get hold of today.

L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
Amitriptyline is lethal and responsible for a lot of suicides. I think it's only a question of time before it's made a controlled substance. I know of 2 deaths due to amitriptyline that were not suicide, purely accidental, alcohol and Amitriptyline.