chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
I got off my prescription Prozac in February and Klonopin in May of this year. Also quit Adderall last month. Not sure how much of my extreme anxiety, depression, dark intrusive thoughts, panic and deep fear is associated with the withdrawal/brain injury due to the drugs.

Trying to stay alive to see if my brain will heal. How long would you personally wait it out? My quality of life is essentially zero right now

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Ghost2211
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'd take it day by day and see how I feel

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and chrisbate7
T

TotalPOS

Oct 14, 2020
Fair play to you coming off those 3 and fighting on. I don't have an answer to your question. But just wanted to say I admire you for the fight you are having. I battle with dark intrusive thoughts too. The idea of no substance to shut them up is a terrifying concept for me. In short, I think you are brave. Try and find a blessing to count even if life is far from what you might hope it would be.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Metalhead and chrisbate7
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I've been off Prozac for 7 months on the day, I feel absolutely terrible with anhedonia and my sexual function is gone. I want to die so badly. These "medications" are straight poison

• Hugs
Reactions: mellow, Meditation guide, ADruinedmylife and 3 others
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
The withdrawal from Klonopin is no joke. I had horrible brain fog, anxiety, and memory issues. I was recovering for years after. Who knows though it may be faster recovery for you. But it does get better and heal in the long run so its worth it to tough it out.

The anxiety and other issues you mentioned are surely a byproduct of the withdrawal. I'm sorry that your quality of life isn't so good I've been there I understand. It does get better though the brain heals.

I hear adderall is no joke either but I have no experience with that.

Reactions: Meditation guide and chrisbate7
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
Fair play to you coming off those 3 and fighting on. I don't have an answer to your question. But just wanted to say I admire you for the fight you are having. I battle with dark intrusive thoughts too. The idea of no substance to shut them up is a terrifying concept for me. In short, I think you are brave. Try and find a blessing to count even if life is far from what you might hope it would be.
Dark constant intrusive thoughts are fucking hell. I also have found no substance that takes them away. I feel like a monster. Thank you for saying I'm brave, but it's hard to feel that way when I want to die everyday
I've been off Prozac for 7 months on the day, I feel absolutely terrible with anhedonia and my sexual function is gone. I want to die so badly. These "medications" are straight poison
Yes been about 7 months for me as well. I also am unable to feel pleasure or happiness. Maybe someday this will heal? I feel like it may be permanent though. And if that's the case I don't see how I don't choose to CTB
The withdrawal from Klonopin is no joke. I had horrible brain fog, anxiety, and memory issues. I was recovering for years after. Who knows though it may be faster recovery for you. But it does get better and heal in the long run so its worth it to tough it out.

The anxiety and other issues you mentioned are surely a byproduct of the withdrawal. I'm sorry that your quality of life isn't so good I've been there I understand. It does get better though the brain heals.

I hear adderall is no joke either but I have no experience with that.
I was only on the adderall for like 5 months. I'm hoping all my issues are owing mainly to the Benzo withdrawal. At least then there is hope that this will get better

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead and x~Sophia~x
A

ADruinedmylife

Oct 5, 2020
Yeah if your issues are mostly related to benzo use with the time during withdrawal can suck I do see a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Reactions: chrisbate7, Bull in a China shop and Meditation guide
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
How long were you on the Prozac and clonazepam?

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
-hug- that sounds rough. I agree with above, take it one day at a time and see how you feel.

Reactions: chrisbate7
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
take it day by day. These meds change our brain chemistry, chemicals, hormones etc.. another dead brain day for me where I probably wont get the right words out. It will take time for things to re adjust to your normal base line. I wish I could face a day without meds-but it's bad enough on meds I don't dare risk not having any. I admire you for going off them. Wishing you luck with getting back to base line and hoping you find happiness

Reactions: chrisbate7
A

ADruinedmylife

Oct 5, 2020
I bet it was Prozac that did most of your damage did most of mine

chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
How long were you on the Prozac and clonazepam?
1.5 years for both
take it day by day. These meds change our brain chemistry, chemicals, hormones etc.. another dead brain day for me where I probably wont get the right words out. It will take time for things to re adjust to your normal base line. I wish I could face a day without meds-but it's bad enough on meds I don't dare risk not having any. I admire you for going off them. Wishing you luck with getting back to base line and hoping you find happiness
Yes but it's been 6 months. Tired of waiting. Not sure how much longer I can do this for. 5 of 7 days is torture. The other 2 are uncomfortable