Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
I want to hang in my room while my parents are sleeping. If I hang will it make noises and wake up my parents? I want to do it silently..and how long does it take to lose consciousness? Could it be painful? If I hang I want my parents not find me until I'm fully dead.

Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
If you are not freely hanging but near walls, shelves, desks or anything else I dont recommend it. You will make noises while becoming unsconscious and after. Body will thrash around as emergency response the lack of oxygen. Of course it could work, but it might as well fail miserably. The variables are just too many and too complex. Is it not possible for you to do it outdoors at some secluded place?

EDIT: Hard to say but it can take up to 20 minutes or more (full suspension, not breaking your neck) until you are dead. Your body might move and twitch minutes after becoming unconscious. If you are found after some minutes, there is a very high probability of surviving with severe brain damage (aka vegetable). That is why I usually advise people that want to hang to do it outdoors at some secluded place where there is nobody that will discover you. Hanging is one of those methods where you absolutely dont want to be found unless after, lets say with a safety cushion, 30+ minutes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, š–£´ nadia š–£´, HappyMstake and 5 others
Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
I want to hang in my room while my parents are sleeping. If I hang will it make noises and wake up my parents? I want to do it silently..and how long does it take to lose consciousness? Could it be painful? If I hang I want my parents not find me until I'm fully dead.
In partial if u managed to pass out it'll take 15 to 20 minutes for ur brain to dye but 30 minutes is the time to go for u'll be sure that u'de be dead after that but make sure their is no one around in that time that may put u down u can end up with a damaged brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, š–£´ nadia š–£´, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
If you are not freely hanging but near walls, shelves, desks or anything else I dont recommend it. You will make noises while becoming unsconscious and after. Body will thrash around as emergency response the lack of oxygen. Of course it could work, but it might as well fail miserably. The variables are just too many and too complex. Is it not possible for you to do it outdoors at some secluded place?

EDIT: Hard to say but it can take up to 20 minutes or more (full suspension, not breaking your neck) until you are dead. Your body might move and twitch minutes after becoming unconscious. If you are found after some minutes, there is a very high probability of surviving with severe brain damage (aka vegetable). That is why I usually advise people that want to hang to do it outdoors at some secluded place where there is nobody that will discover you. Hanging is one of those methods where you absolutely dont want to be found unless after, lets say with a safety cushion, 30+ minutes.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I can't go to outside as I never go out from house so my parents would notice me. And my neighborhood is filled with houses so people would see me anyway. There isn't a tree which I can't reach either so I have to do it inside home. My parents didn't go away from home for visits because of quarantine. Not sure when they will leave house for some reasonable time.
In partial if u managed to pass out it'll take 15 to 20 minutes for ur brain to dye but 30 minutes is the time to go for u'll be sure that u'de be dead after that but make sure their is no one around in that time that may put u down u can end up with a damaged brain.

Thank you for the information.I definitely don't want to be end up with brain damage so it's important that I get at least an hour without anyone being at home.Not sure when that will happen because of this coronavirus quarantine.

Last edited:
Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´ and x-Ace-x
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019

Hanging is not my method because it looks too scary to me. But i am just curious how much of this 20 minutes ,someone is conscious and feel pain . i can imagine that hanging from neckand putting all the weight of body on neck should be very painful

any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Hanging is not my method because it looks too scary to me. But i am just curious how much of this 20 minutes ,someone is conscious and feel pain . i can imagine that hanging from neckand putting all the weight of body on neck should be very painful
Depends on the type of hanging:

i)Drop hanging full suspension
-> If weight is known and the drop length and subsequently the rope length is calculated correctly then there is absolutely no pain, as your neck breaks and you go instantly into deep coma state, then a few more minutes until the brain is dead and that is it.

ii) Full suspension
-> When using full suspension without a drop cause of death is ,due to your whole body weight carried by your throat and neck, asphyxiation by compressed airway which is probably pretty painful for approximately 60-120 seconds until you finally lose consciousness, then additional 15 or 20 minutes (as your body keeps breathing) until the lack of oxygen is great enough for the brain to die and your body finally shuts down completely

iii) Partial Suspension
-> If done right there shouldnt be any pain at all. Assuming you were able to block your carotid artery, but not your jugular veins and the airway, so that you become unconscious upon applying pressure within ~15 seconds thus then letting go and sinking into your hanging setup unconsciously and then it is the same as for full suspension, although it will take some more time for you to be dead, as the pressure is not that high due to it being partial suspension (less body weight is compressing your throat and neck).

So after all, full suspension with a proper drop I would rate as the most painless and safest method. Partial suspension done correctly is also very painfree, but it takes the longest time out of the 3 methods and again you shouldnt be found in the middle of any hanging. Only full suspension seems like a bit of painful torture but then again it does the job for sure, because if you prepare correctly you cant escape. If you did your setup properly and are not disturbed all methods will work. Usually when people fail it is human error e.g. rope setup not stable enough, they had people in the vicinity and got found or they do it indoors, not free hanging, with access to anything they can grab onto to save themselves. The survival instinct is so strong the body even tries to grab something and pull up while you are already half gone.

Reactions: Rabitfever, Salt and Emily123
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Depends on the type of hanging:

i)Drop hanging full suspension
-> If weight is known and the drop length and subsequently the rope length is calculated correctly then there is absolutely no pain, as your neck breaks and you go instantly into deep coma state, then a few more minutes until the brain is dead and that is it.

ii) Full suspension
-> When using full suspension without a drop cause of death is ,due to your whole body weight carried by your throat and neck, asphyxiation by compressed airway which is probably pretty painful for approximately 60-120 seconds until you finally lose consciousness, then additional 15 or 20 minutes (as your body keeps breathing) until the lack of oxygen is great enough for the brain to die and your body finally shuts down completely

iii) Partial Suspension
-> If done right there shouldnt be any pain at all. Assuming you were able to block your carotid artery, but not your jugular veins and the airway, so that you become unconscious upon applying pressure within ~15 seconds thus then letting go and sinking into your hanging setup unconsciously and then it is the same as for full suspension, although it will take some more time for you to be dead, as the pressure is not that high due to it being partial suspension (less body weight is compressing your throat and neck).

So after all, full suspension with a proper drop I would rate as the most painless and safest method. Partial suspension done correctly is also very painfree, but it takes the longest time out of the 3 methods and again you shouldnt be found in the middle of any hanging. Only full suspension seems like a bit of painful torture but then again it does the job for sure, because if you prepare correctly you cant escape. If you did your setup properly and are not disturbed all methods will work. Usually when people fail it is human error e.g. rope setup not stable enough, they had people in the vicinity and got found or they do it indoors, not free hanging, with access to anything they can grab onto to save themselves. The survival instinct is so strong the body even tries to grab something and pull up while you are already half gone.
Thanks for explaining it. how is the partial suspension ?

Last edited:
Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
Thanks for explaining it. how is partial suspension ?
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/
This is what u need to know about partial

Reactions: Emily123
D

derwikinger

Apr 23, 2020
Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...

Reactions: Tears In October
Covid

Covid

Jun 1, 2020
All life's necessities pass through your neck. ie food, air and blood. A noose tightened round the neck cuts off all these functions. In a hanging the important ones are air and blood. Your heart supplies blood to the brain by an artery which is at the surface near the adam's apple. You can feel it with your fingers. It the noose is positioned correctly over this area the blood supply to the brain will be cut off immediately and unconsciousness happens almost instantly. After that you won't feel anything although the body will thrash around involuntary. If the air supply is cut off completely then no oxygen can travel to the body's organs making them die also. I wish you success and a pain free exit. Let me know how you get on,

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
All life's necessities pass through your neck. ie food, air and blood. A noose tightened round the neck cuts off all these functions. In a hanging the important ones are air and blood. Your heart supplies blood to the brain by an artery which is at the surface near the adam's apple. You can feel it with your fingers. It the noose is positioned correctly over this area the blood supply to the brain will be cut off immediately and unconsciousness happens almost instantly. After that you won't feel anything although the body will thrash around involuntary. If the air supply is cut off completely then no oxygen can travel to the body's organs making them die also. I wish you success and a pain free exit. Let me know how you get on,

Is there anyway someone can show diagrams or images to confirm how to complete partial suspension? This is what I'm planning as OD on pills didn't work. Looking for partial suspension like certain celebrities have completed successfully, want to ensure carotid arteries are blocked off properly.