• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Experienced
Feb 11, 2024
I know it can vary greatly, so just a guess on the average time spent here before they either CTB or delete their account and never come back because they got help or whatever.

Your thoughts? ❤️

• Love
Reactions: another_creature, ijustwishtodie, etherealspring and 2 others
Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
It's an interesting thought. Statistically this varies a lot like you said but I'd be willing to learn an estimate of peoples time spent here.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, etherealspring, davidtorez and 1 other person
S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
It would be interesting to find how many people are helped in their CTB but talking "outloud" here

Reactions: unhappymortal, ijustwishtodie, etherealspring and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
From my observations over the years it seems like most users stay for a few months, maybe a year, and then either CTB or move on. I think only a small amount of members actually CTB.

• Wow
Reactions: Circles, RejectMetamorphosis, idk321 and 8 others
B

boblong

Student
Mar 15, 2023
ummmm 6 months ? idk man

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, etherealspring and 4everHeartBroken
Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
Funny enough when I'm at my lowest I come here and read and I find it calming in a way to know Im not completely alone in how I feel. This is about the only place I can stumble across posts that share my thoughts and feelings, and I come here because most people would treat me like shit, lock me up, or just avoid the subjects that literally circle in my mind regularly. It helps me in a way. I don't think anything in my life will ever get better, but its nice to know that I can say that and that people won't tell me I'm wrong. I dunno how long I will stick around.... here or in general. I came here searching for peaceful methods at my lowest point and then the month I planned to act on it, like literally a week before, someone I knew that was actually an incredibly amazing person did... a far better person than I could ever be who quite literally brought joy and laughs to thousands of people. I was pretty messed up after it and didn't have it in me, so I've just been taking one day at a time. Things have been extremely hard and discouraging in every possible way, but I quit all my meds as of about 2 months ago and I haven't been as depressed and I have been finding it easier to talk to others more-so than I have in years. When I'm down I come here, when I'm extremely pissed off at the world, I come here... Kinda fucked up, but this place is better therapy most of the time than anything else I've come across.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: abchia, idk321, fleetingnight and 7 others
B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
I started over a year ago on here. It will show over <- how long. I can say I have radically decreased the amount of time I spend on here though for a variety of reasons honestly.

Reactions: Sylveon, etherealspring and 4everHeartBroken
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
To me, I think it's hard to let go once you start contributing to it. It feels like we're all friends in some way. I would be surprised if I don't spend more than a year here. Love this place!
Those who just lurk, would probably be bored sooner or later or be visiting the site quite irregularly.

• Love
Reactions: Moniker, rozeske, divinemistress36 and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If we are talking consistent usage over a given time span, then I would say only a few months.

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, etherealspring and Serial Experi Pain
S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
I think talking brings me closer to CTB. At the very least, I am okay with that end.

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
My guess would be a few months

R

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
Less than year , no one want to stay in graveyard for a long time

WaitingPatiently

WaitingPatiently

:(
Mar 29, 2023
Have been here a little over a year.

On and off, for weeks at a time. Sometimes posting, sometimes replying, sometimes lurking.
I imagine a lot of others are similarly on and off, until they either catch their bus or fade off the site entirely.

Reactions: abchia and 4everHeartBroken
i dont feel real.

i dont feel real.

No more sense in this
Apr 13, 2024
I can't tell. I'm kind of 'new' to the site. So, I really don't know. Some months, others a year or so. And I think some other will never move on, that last thing is sad. But I don't really know.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I think an average wouldn't tell much anyway. Some just come here a bit, some actually go through with ctb and some find recovery and leave or stay inactive.

• Love
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Experienced
Feb 11, 2024
I think an average wouldn't tell much anyway. Some just come here a bit, some actually go through with ctb and some find recovery and leave or stay inactive.
Yay! It's so nice to see you Teddy!!! 🤗❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: KillingPain267
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
There is no "average" in this context when considering all users here. Most people do not CTB; they either move on with life or have different goals.

However, if you consider only the confirmed successful attempts and calculate their presence time here, you can determine an average and find the right probability.

It's about the actual successful attempts, which are a minority of the users in this forum. Your question wasn't properly formed, as it doesn't account for the fact that not everyone here plans to CTB.

Determining the approximate number will take considerable time and effort to get at an accurate answer ;/.

4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Experienced
Feb 11, 2024
There is no "average" in this context when considering all users here. Most people do not CTB; they either move on with life or have different goals.

However, if you consider only the confirmed successful attempts and calculate their presence time here, you can determine an average and find the right probability.

It's about the actual successful attempts, which are a minority of the users in this forum. Your question wasn't properly formed, as it doesn't account for the fact that not everyone here plans to CTB.

Determining the approximate number will take considerable time and effort to get at an accurate answer ;

This article from dartmouth college in 2021 may help: "Users, on average, posted 194 times, wrote 10,779 tokens, and had posts spanning 97 days of activity."

Yes! THIS. Thank you!!! ❤

• Love
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings
S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
I have lurked for a long time before joining.

There seems to always be a collection of new names and some that suddenly no longer post anything. There are the regulars too.

I am curious who has really CTB'd or gone on to live a life just thinking about CTB as they had before.

And if someone CTBs, do they do it soon after joining, or are they on much longer before they do?