Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
Do people even find partners after posting there or is it still very hard and long wait? Is it uncommon for someone you meet here to actually show up even if you do find a partner? Is there a point in continuing to try when it feels like nobody is really intrested and you'll just get hurt or ghosted or even trafficked possibly? What should you do if your partner shows up and turns out to be bad and hurts you? Does it go right more often than wrong or wrong more often than right? Is there much point continuing to try and find a partner at this point? Does anyone know?

Reactions: Nefer
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
1+2. Some people stop searching and end up attempting by themselves.

3. People have been hurt & worse in the past, and it's been documented on the forum. It's a definite possibility.

4. Get away and call the police. Preferably you have a backup plan for this that doesn't leave you alone with the other person until you've at least met and verified they are who they say they are.

5+6. I don't know if we have those statistics. It would be harder to keep track of all the times it went wrong, and someone might not post about those. We only know about the times they went right if someone posted about it in advance.

7. There's legal problems and all other kinds of problems that come attached. If you're a woman and desperate enough look for another woman, and vice versa for men. It doesn't seem very safe for women in particular.

• Informative
Reactions: GettingOut, Sid19, SenseOfLoss and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally think the partners megathread on here is best avoided as other people simply cannot be trusted and relied on. Of course if someone wants to use it then that's their decision but I don't really get why anyone would risk it.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: yuno444, Sid19, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
drownll

drownll

Student
Jul 7, 2023
Personally I despise all humans including people here, there is just no one you can trust except yourself. We are living beings and are selfish by nature.
That's why i prefer to be alone when i can. I like my own company and it's enough.

• Aww..
Reactions: yuno444, WhyWasIBorn, sweet_oblivion and 3 others
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
People are unreliable. Even i would love to have a partner in doing ctb but neither can I trust nor they can come in my place, my city. Just as you might want them to be at your place. Other genuine people might be thinking the same (your city, your place). It's pretty rare to find people who are genuine as well as ok to go to your designated place.

• Informative
Reactions: Chara
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I thought I had found one. After we got to know each other a little and gained some comfort with one another on SaSu chat, we exchanged numbers and talked with each other pretty much every day for the next couple months. Everything was pretty good at the beginning, but it became more and more apparent that our time frames were not the same. They wanted to be gone pretty much right now, and I'm just not done with the things I need and must do before I'm ready. There were a few, let's just call them "fibs", that started bothering me a bit, too, and that started eroding some of the trust that had been built, trust which is very important in a relationship of this nature, in any relationship, actually. It's sad, actually, because she really was a nice gal, and she had a kind heart. Oh well.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, xBrialesana, Sid19 and 1 other person
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I get how hard it would be to trust someone but I still like the idea. Personally I know I'm a trustworthy person (I've honored my word on the past even when it led to great personal suffering) but I'm not sure how I could convince anyone else. And vice versa.

For financial transactions there are escrow services that can increase trust, maybe someone clever could think of something similar for CTB partners.

• Informative
Chara

Chara

Jul 22, 2023
I get how hard it would be to trust someone but I still like the idea. Personally I know I'm a trustworthy person (I've honored my word on the past even when it led to great personal suffering) but I'm not sure how I could convince anyone else. And vice versa.

For financial transactions there are escrow services that can increase trust, maybe someone clever could think of something similar for CTB partners.
What's escrow? Haven't heard that word before and it's not in the dictionary have

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023

The problem is even genuine people can't connect with another in irl cause of the distance between the two of them. It's rare to find people who are okay to go to any place or cooperate with one another so both can choose one particular place and do it together.

• Aww..
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
What's escrow? Haven't heard that word before and it's not in the dictionary have
For financial transactions the buyer sends money to the escrow, the escrow informs the seller, and the escrow keeps the money until the seller sends proof of delivery. If the seller doesn't deliver in reasonable time buyer gets their money back.

It used to be pretty common in the early days of online shopping, maybe it's still a thing for high value purchases.

Chara

Chara

Jul 22, 2023
For financial transactions the buyer sends money to the escrow, the escrow informs the seller, and the escrow keeps the money until the seller sends proof of delivery. If the seller doesn't deliver in reasonable time buyer gets their money back.

It used to be pretty common in the early days of online shopping, maybe it's still a thing for high value purchases.
So an escrow is a middle person? That's interesting.

There are possibilities for that for this but it would all matter on the situation and whats important. Could be internet points, Could be maybe each person puts a bit of money out and if someone doesn't show their money is forfeit? Or maybe someone else has the method if it's like sn and if one of the parties doesn't show up they won't get sn???? Complicated...

ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
Do people even find partners after posting there or is it still very hard and long wait? Is it uncommon for someone you meet here to actually show up even if you do find a partner? Is there a point in continuing to try when it feels like nobody is really intrested and you'll just get hurt or ghosted or even trafficked possibly? What should you do if your partner shows up and turns out to be bad and hurts you? Does it go right more often than wrong or wrong more often than right? Is there much point continuing to try and find a partner at this point? Does anyone know?
I think it's too difficult to find a partner that will actually meet you. Lots of security issues too

I have gone down the path of a zoom
Partner. It's not the same but it's a touch of humanity in your last hours