• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

slushy2

Aug 13, 2023
I've done a few sessions with a therapist and I don't know what I expected but I just don't feel like it's getting anywhere. The therapist is super nice and listens to me well - I don't think it's her fault. I just feel like I'm just talking and she listens, which is nice but nothing I couldn't get for free online like on a discord vent channel or even this forum. it just feels like someone getting paid to be my friend.

i know everyone moves at their own pace and that therapy isn't a cure all and i have to work on myself, but i dont know...today the therapist suggested i see a psychiatrist to be medicated and i dont want that. power to all who take it but for me if i have to be medicated to make life worth living that is proof life is not worth living.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
ngl, I always thought therapy was dumb because I could just vent online to my online friends, then bots, then SS/bf~ It works for some people tho~ :) If it's not working for you, I'd make more use of venting on the forum~ It's really nice to feel people reading what you post and sympathizing/empathizing with you and maybe providing help too~ :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't know what I expected but I just don't feel like it's getting anywhere.
Do you know and/or has the therapist an idea, of what's causing your MH issues? Do you have any diagnosis?

Therapy is trial and error, so are meds. For some people it works for others it doesn't. Imo the most important thing would be to know what causes your MH issues bc then targeted therapy and other forms of treatment have better chances of working.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I thought therapy is useless unless you feel the need to talk out loud about your problems. And I hated it, a loooot. But here I am after 6 months, I finally see some effects, it's not much, but it's something. I'm still suicidal but participating way more in recovery section. And even if I eventually decide to off myself, I know it will be much more mature and I will be 100% conscious and sure of what I'm doing.
So yeah, I'd recommend you to continue to find out who you are and what you want.

lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
Well how much is a few? The Therapist need a to know you and get to know you to start to help you. Most of the time they want to see where your problems are and then talk to you about it and start the work.

If you feel like you're not getting anywhere just go ahead and ask them if there is some support they can give you or advise. Maybe they think you just like to talk? Ask them questions. And if that still won't help maybe look for another therapist.