http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
If someone breaks their leg, they go to the hospital and get treatment. If you have intractable mental problems that can't be treated with therapies or medications, you are doomed?

Would a doctor go on vacation if you went to the hospital and told them you broke your leg? If your therapy is over and you still have the same problems (or more than before), have you just been unlucky or "not found the right [therapist, medication, whatever]"? You're just supposed to try again, even though therapists don't keep waiting lists anymore because they're too full?

Why?

Why is there no help for me?

Why do I have to suffer, lose my mind, suffer unbelievable agony?

It's like being denied access to the hospital or kicked out even though you have a broken leg.

On the other hand, I can't blame anyone. There is no help.

It's not a leg that's broken, it's myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Laddydragon, patheticpartner and 18 others
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
Have you considered inpatient therapy? There's always someone on staff.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Been there, done that (several times).

It just made things worse or didn't help at all.

And even in such institutions you have at most one session with a therapist a week.

• Hugs
Reactions: Laddydragon, patheticpartner, demuic and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are suffering. I understand that it is awful to be in a hopeless situation. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, http-410 and A_miStake_of_NATURE
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
I've done inpatient involuntarily, was assuming voluntary got better care.

• Hugs
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
It's kinda stupid the way it works. At my outpatient program you'd get kicked out if you attempted. So basically if you get worse, you no longer get treatment??

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers, DarkDg21 and 4 others
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
It's kinda stupid the way it works. At my outpatient program you'd get kicked out if you attempted. So basically if you get worse, you no longer get treatment??
How ridiculously absurd. Idk how that place can say they care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers, patheticpartner and 2 others
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I know what you mean. I've told my former therapist (who refused to medicate me bc he's afraid I'd OD, but never even admitted it) I would make an appointment with him, if I didn't off myself before. He told me he would hope I wouldn't do anything and he'd be looking forward to our next session lol. The system sucks balls.
You're not broken. You probably have issues and you need help. But you're not broken.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, FuneralCry, demuic and 1 other person
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
That was also the case in the hospitals I was in. Suicidality is even a contraindication for being admitted at all (to non-psych wards). "If you are suicidal, you should go to a psych ward", but you won't get any therapy there.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, patheticpartner and clown_17
S

Stopthepain

Jul 11, 2021
Cause there is no cure for mental illness. Treatments nowadays for our brains really really suck. But no docotor would admit that..

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers, DarkDg21 and 4 others
B

bettyboop40

Aug 9, 2021
Unfortunately mental health services are underfunded and overstretched. I have had to call the crisis team twice in the last two days but they won't admit me to hospital despite being suicidal. I'd rather not in mind you but it's hardly keeping me safe.

• Hugs
C

Chockles

Experienced
Sep 17, 2021
There is no cure for many physical conditions either & I have many. Everything that can't be fixed is blamed entirely on mental health. I need to die as physical is so bad but anytime I mentioned suicidal they had me talking to a psyche. How's that going to help debilitating widespread physical symptoms.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Unfortunately mental health services are underfunded and overstretched. I have had to call the crisis team twice in the last two days but they won't admit me to hospital despite being suicidal. I'd rather not in mind you but it's hardly keeping me safe.
"Have cup of tea & warm bath....."

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, patheticpartner, Fish Face and 4 others
E

Existingnotliving

Feb 13, 2020
It's insane but it's what happens. The mental health team keep refusing to help me because I'm 'too unstable,' does any mentally stable person need the mental health team!? I think they just won't help us cos we need a lot of treatment and if it doesn't work then they'll have to go through court and explain how we ended up dying. So instead they make excuses not to take our case so that when we die they don't get the blame. Though they will get the blame for not helping us but it seems they don't think that far ahead.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, patheticpartner and demuic
R

ReallyTired

Oct 21, 2021

Attachments

• file-20200211-146686-tge6h~2.JPG
    file-20200211-146686-tge6h~2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Yay!
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers, patheticpartner and 1 other person
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Here's the thing. I suspect most psychiatric professionals feel at some point, they know that they cannot defer someone from committing suicide and I suspect many of them are indifferent or empathic towards our cause. However, legally they have todo everything in their power to treat or prevent. If that doesn't work, they wash their hands of you. Nothing personal, it's the stupid legal system that binds them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Laddydragon, patheticpartner and 2 others
R

ReallyTired

Oct 21, 2021
Here's the thing. I suspect most psychiatric professionals feel at some point, they know that they cannot defer someone from committing suicide and I suspect many of them are indifferent or empathic towards our cause. However, legally they have todo everything in their power to treat or prevent. If that doesn't work, they wash their hands of you. Nothing personal, it's the stupid legal system that binds them.
You are right. Also, at least in UK, the mental health services are underfunded and overwhelmed by rising demand. In this environment, many psychiatric professionals end up burned out. They do the minimum they have to do and if that doesn't work, they wash their hands of you - like you said. I think it's better to accept that. There's nothing we can do about that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and facel
Chisel

Chisel

My dreams where I live. My life is my nightmares
Sep 27, 2021
Simple truth is Nobody really gives F**K.

I'm currently going through therapy etc for depression and Eupd.
And it's all utter useless trash.
I'm not getting help, Just get a load of utter pointless self help garbage and phrase words....
I need a full on psychiatrist, meds and God knows what else.
I get told to make a F**king sooth boxes!!!!
I'm a 40yr old guy with PTSD, emotional irregularities just gone through a marrital breakup, stuck as a single parent lost the love of my life and you think a f**king sooth box will help????
Or you think when I lay in bed with my daughter at night and realise how much I've failed her or how much more let down she'll become as she gets older....
You think I'm thinking "a happy smile is empowering"
Utter garbage!!!!

Bottom line is nobody actually really cares, the make out like they do. They do the bare minimum some even a bit more.
But no one.....and I mean no one really wants to dig down deep enough to really uncover and give you the leg up and help you really need to break free.

I also used to work in mental health and have family who have trained and written manuals in mental health training.
And as much the all pretend to care the only do what's needed to keep the funding coming in.
They don't want fix you they want to keep it all ticking over.

Helping the desperate and traumatically challenged of us at the bottom line is just too god damn hard.

And the fact their is almost 8billion of us around means we're all 10 a penny so if a few of us suffer and don't get better well.....
Life doesn't really give a flying f**k anyway.
We're expendable. Not special not needed.
So why on earth should we expect extraordinary efforts to fix us.
When we can be left to to just breakdown.
Like cars that are to expensive to be repaired over being replaced!
Surplus to requirements.

I've noticed that you get so punished in life if you fall out of the pack.
You really are left behind.

Cruel world.....harsh reality.
No fairytales round here.
No happy endings.
As my "therapist" says,
Radical acceptance. "It is what it is".
Well I radically accept that I'm over being hurt and kicked and kicked by life.
So gonna take what little control I have left and use it!
To say F**k you too!

• Love
Reactions: Laddydragon, DarkDg21, patheticpartner and 3 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
My therapist went on vacation for 4 weeks during our sessions and there was a guaranteed end date. I was only allowed to miss 3, which is ironic. I didn't miss any but still, that was 4 extra appointments I could have had. Government-funded therapy has always sucked here.

• Aww..
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers and patheticpartner
eryu

eryu

Sep 25, 2021
My therapist went on vacation for 4 weeks during our sessions and there was a guaranteed end date. I was only allowed to miss 3, which is ironic. I didn't miss any but still, that was 4 extra appointments I could have had. Government-funded therapy has always sucked here.
This is revolting.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Arvinneedstodie, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
Sadly that is possible where I am too. At times it feels like there is no place for people like me in the society we live in.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Arvinneedstodie