W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
I plan on jumping off a bridge this high (picture below). Is this high enough to be unconscious on impact? It is about 207 feet (63 meters).
Pj5C71P-asset-mezzanine-16x9-P6Haoni.jpg

Last edited:
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Jumping into bodies of water to ctb is always risky. Too many factors to consider for it to be a good method. The resistance of your body against the current wind velocity, the way your body impacts the water surface, the position of your body, etc.

The ideal outcome would be a head first dive hitting the water surface with such a force that your spinal cord is broken and you are unable to move and drown.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and SMmetalhead36
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I'm not sure. This is my method of choice when I CTB. I'm going to be loaded up with alcohol and pills and SN before I do it.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I just read that people who jump feet first have a greater chance of surviving, but hitting the water belly first increases chances of death. Something to do with the impact to your internal organs.

I had never thought about the position of my body when I jumped, but I'll definitely try to do everything I can to avoid a vertical landing.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
What bridge is that? It's not Golden Gate. It looks familiar. Delaware?

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Rhode Island. I knew I saw and drove across that bridge b4.

new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Jumping from a height is risky. There are few heights accessible that increase the liklihood of sudden death. Jumping from bridges may result in drowning instead of impact death. I am telling you this because I want you to have everything in consideration. If drowning does not bother you, some people secure heavy weights that cannot be easily dettached, that way the body will be pulled underneath and they will likely be unable to tread water with the injuries (if they survive impact). Also, if anyone sees you, you better believe that boats will be sent immediately to assist.

People have survived jumping from the GGB. Please be aware, this may not result in a quick death.

W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Jumping from a height is risky. There are few heights accessible that increase the liklihood of sudden death. Jumping from bridges may result in drowning instead of impact death. I am telling you this because I want you to have everything in consideration. If drowning does not bother you, some people secure heavy weights that cannot be easily dettached, that way the body will be pulled underneath and they will likely be unable to tread water with the injuries (if they survive impact). Also, if anyone sees you, you better believe that boats will be sent immediately to assist.

People have survived jumping from the GGB. Please be aware, this may not result in a quick death.
I've been told I won't remember my final moments drowning. I feel at peace with this, as long as I'm under the influence of something.