N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I know there is barely one.

But there are two parts of it. When you start a new thread they ask you "Is ths already being discussed?"
They show you threads with a similar sentence structure. I don't think the algorithm is this good. There are a lot of repetitive threads in this forum. Though I don't really see it as very negative. You are not forced to read them. You can avoid them if you want. But maybe it is not the fault of the algorithm. Maybe the people just ignore its suggestion. As I said I don't think it is this awful. Mistakes can happen.

Then there is another algorihm. Yeah they are pretty similar. But I think there is a difference between them. The "similar thread" algorithm. Okay maybe now when I think about I am not sure whether they are the same. I had the feeling the similar thread algorithm often shows threads of the OP which started the thread. That is different than the first one I have mentioned.

To be honest this thread is not really helpful or important. Algorithm sounds interesting but in this case it is rather boring. I think it is not that good on this website. I think this is probably undertaken from the architecture of the forum. I really doubt the people in charge influence it in any way.

I don't think the impact of the mediocre algorithm is that horrible. But I know some people who are annoyed when questions are repeated over a thousand times.