T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
I've had my ticket for a long time. The only preparation I can't figure out is how to hide myself such that I don't get resuscitated. I'm not concerned about my friends and family worrying, or making it look accidental. When I go missing (or if I get found quickly but after the deal is sealed) everyone is going to know what happened because of:

1) method
2) wiped computer
3) external hard drive and phone disappearing
4) previous extremely serious attempts

So, what does SS think about how far to hide oneself in the woods? Or is there a better idea? I'm able to drive wherever I need. Thanks.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
What is your planned method? If you have a car, your options increase for sure. What do you prefer, though? Your car, or the woods?

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
It's occurred to me that doing it in a car in the woods can reduce how much people notice ME while increasing, duh, "why is there a car out here in the middle of nowhere?"

There's this pretty neat spot half a mile or so from a family, not their land, that they have to pay attention to notice me drive past. After that, smooth sailing.

There's another place very near some emergency services but it's totally abandoned as long as I'm not initially noticed: easy.

Final place I've considered is super busy when it's busy but otherwise in the middle of nowhere and absolutely desolate.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Whats your method, out of curiosity? It will affect the amount of time you need to remain unnoticed

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
I've considered various complex suicides, and didn't want to say it outright, but to hell with it:

I've always circled back to gun shot, back of head, brain stem. Prob don't need much if any time to not be discovered and the car holds in a lot of sound ... but I'm blind and at best in a wheelchair if found. And a LOT of people survive guns nowadays.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: clocktower, profoundexperience, falloutcarter13 and 1 other person
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
a LOT of people survive guns nowadays.
That is a problem. It definitely takes some study/practice and a steady hand. Here's one of my favorite posts of someone who appears to have done the gun thing right: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...tb-tonight-please-dont-be-sad-or-sorry.40616/

In addition, I just posted on an alternative you might want to consider (neck compression, aka the "night-night" method) in the 2nd half of my post here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...sleeping-tablets-and-a-bath.44675/post-811378 Given your constraints, it might be a good fit...?

Last edited:
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I've considered various complex suicides, and didn't want to say it outright, but to hell with it:

I've always circled back to gun shot, back of head, brain stem. Prob don't need much if any time to not be discovered and the car holds in a lot of sound ... but I'm blind and at best in a wheelchair if found. And a LOT of people survive guns nowadays.
Oh I'm sorry bud, I didn't mean to force it out of you. It was just relevant to whatever advice you were gonna get. If this is the way you've settled on, then yeah you shouldn't need much time. I've considered this myself, basically because its quick and available, but a big concern for me is leaving a fairly presentable corpse. Also, my friend shot himself in the head with a 1911 .45 (the same gun I own, ironically.) I was too distraught at the time to ask for details, so I don't know where he shot himself exactly...but he survived for two days as a vegetable and I just remember how deformed his face was and that it didn't look like him at all. So those are the factors why its not for me...but the doctors assured everybody that he was in no pain and he was more than likely in a coma before he ever felt the shot.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and profoundexperience
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Oh no I didn't mean to imply you forced it out of me, I just want to remain as anonymous as I can.

Pretty corpses matter to some people. I'm kinda upset I won't be able to donate and that there's a decent chance of people finding me in an advanced state of decay, but hey: make some prep choice laws on catching the bus and people won't have to hide in the woods.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Oh no I didn't mean to imply you forced it out of me, I just want to remain as anonymous as I can.

Pretty corpses matter to some people. I'm kinda upset I won't be able to donate and that there's a decent chance of people finding me in an advanced state of decay, but hey: make some prep choice laws on catching the bus and people won't have to hide in the woods.
Yeah I don't care about what happens to this meatsuit after I'm gone, personally. But my family says their goodbyes to an open casket when at all possible, and I want to give them that as a last gesture of respect.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and profoundexperience
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
That is a problem. It definitely takes some study/practice and a steady hand. Here's one of my favorite posts of someone who appears to have done the gun thing right: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...tb-tonight-please-dont-be-sad-or-sorry.40616/

In addition, I just posted on an alternative you might want to consider (neck compression, aka the "night-night" method) in the 2nd half of my post here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...sleeping-tablets-and-a-bath.44675/post-811378 Given your constraints, it might be a good fit...?
Good shotgun thread, just noticed it. Have def practiced popping myself and had full on dry runs, but not nightly for 10 weeks! 70 times!?! that's dedication. hope that poster found peace

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
my friend shot himself in the head with a 1911 .45 ... but he survived for two days as a vegetable and I just remember how deformed his face was and that it didn't look like him at all. ... but the doctors assured everybody that he was in no pain and he was more than likely in a coma before he ever felt the shot.
Look at what "they" make us do when we want/need to leave... I very much hope what the doctors said was true. Unfortunately, I think they often say this kind of thing.

There just isn't any good "exit sign" here, is there? It's either keep on "paying" to survive... or also "pay up" in order to go.

Glad your friend made it out... would've thought a .45 would've been pretty effective.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and falloutcarter13
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Look at what "they" make us do when we want/need to leave... I very much hope what the doctors said was true. Unfortunately, I think they often say this kind of thing.

There just isn't any good "exit sign" here, is there? It's either keep on "paying" to survive... or also "pay up" in order to go.

Glad your friend made it out... would've thought a .45 would've been pretty effective.
That person might've used FMJ. long time lurker: I remember a poster here who wanted to use a .30 because of being in too much of a rush to get a shotgun

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
That person might've used FMJ. long time lurker: I remember a poster here who wanted to use a .30 because of being in too much of a rush to get a shotgun
Yeah I don't know the type of round he used, fmj is pretty common as a self-defense load in my area so its very possible. Also, even though I didn't ask, by the shape of his face and the placement of the bandaging it seemed he did side-of-head/temple.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I would recommend looking carefully into how to aim right and going through the mouth rather than around the back of your head for better coordination. The gunshot may attract attention, but if you are well out of sight of any busy paths and hidden by some trees or other foliage I doubt anyone will find you straight away. Just be sure to give a final check to see that there are no people in visible range before executing the plan, and try to get as far away from where people are likely to be as possible,

Reactions: InterstateFlowers
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Yeah I don't know the type of round he used, fmj is pretty common as a self-defense load in my area so its very possible. Also, even though I didn't ask, by the shape of his face and the placement of the bandaging it seemed he did side-of-head/temple.
guessing NJ but don't tell me
I would recommend looking carefully into how to aim right and going through the mouth rather than around the back of your head for better coordination. The gunshot may attract attention, but if you are well out of sight of any busy paths and hidden by some trees or other foliage I doubt anyone will find you straight away. Just be sure to give a final check to see that there are no people in visible range before executing the plan, and try to get as far away from where people are likely to be as possible,
back of head: I'm pretty comfy with guns, and if you can pull it off, that IS the way to hit the happy spot. high risk high reward

concealment: not to sound silly as hell but I've considered using a ghilly suit. those things are EFFECTIVE in the right place