• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dominatememommy

dominatememommy

Jul 6, 2023
hypothetically, how painful/effective would a 9mm hollow point gunshot to the head be at point blank.. asking for a friend… (jk it's def for me)

but fr tho, what's the risk I turn into a vegetable

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hunter2005, pthnrdnojvsc, EternalShore and 2 others
M

mrtime87

Jul 9, 2024
There's always a high risk of becoming a vegetable.

With a gun, go thru the mouth and aim up, way up.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
S

SpeckofDust

Jul 16, 2024
I read the mega thread on gunshot methods, and I am curious still about this. I feel that this is my best option, but I can't bring myself to go with the mouth shot. I think I can do the above the ear shot, but I haven't felt confident enough. [Oh, how I wish there was a "magic" pill that I could easily access to let me end it without suffering and agonizing over the method]. I am running out of time to CTB before I lose what little I have left.

• Hugs
Reactions: kyhoti, kfad95 and awaitingdeath
Upvote 0
dominatememommy

dominatememommy

Jul 6, 2023
I read the mega thread on gunshot methods, and I am curious still about this. I feel that this is my best option, but I can't bring myself to go with the mouth shot. I think I can do the above the ear shot, but I haven't felt confident enough. [Oh, how I wish there was a "magic" pill that I could easily access to let me end it without suffering and agonizing over the method]. I am running out of time to CTB before I lose what little I have left.
Yeah I feel you. I think I'll just do some research on my own and determine the easiest/most efficient way to just hit the brain stem itself and just skip the head altogether.

Upvote 0
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
if someone were to wish to carry this out, they would need to make sure to aim in the right place~ From what I understand, there's about a 85% death rate via gun, but that still leaves a 15% chance of becoming a vegetable (not fun)~ >_<
Anyways, I wish you well and am praying for you~ :)

Upvote 0
A

awaitingdeath

Jun 12, 2024
hypothetically, how painful/effective would a 9mm hollow point gunshot to the head be at point blank.. asking for a friend… (jk it's def for me)

Well, you can try it on my head and see how reliable it is. 😆

Never touched a gun in my life but I think the failure rate for 9mm 147gr JHP aimed at your head has little chance of failure. We have seen videos of people casually shooting themselves with small country pistols and what not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024

It's more effective, simpler, and less painful than just about every other method by an enormous margin.

"Most people who attempt suicide do not die—unless they use a gun. Across all suicide attempts without a gun, 4% result in death. But when a gun is involved, that figure skyrockets to 90%."

The only real contender is hanging iirc but I don't have a source for that

Upvote 0
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's more effective, simpler, and less painful than just about every other method by an enormous margin.

"Most people who attempt suicide do not die—unless they use a gun. Across all suicide attempts without a gun, 4% result in death. But when a gun is involved, that figure skyrockets to 90%."

The only real contender is hanging iirc but I don't have a source for that
I think inside the mouth pointing up at 45% has to be higher than the overall 90%. Shotgun or high powered rifle 3 inches inside the mouth would be the highest %. What % would you say?

Upvote 0
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I think inside the mouth pointing up at 45% has to be higher than the overall 90%. Shotgun or high powered rifle 3 inches inside the mouth would be the highest %. What % would you say?
Seeing as the overall gun suicides figure includes spur of the moment attempts with poor planning and drugs/alcohol involved (which're much, much more survivable since there're fewer direct hits) I'd assume even the base figure is significantly higher, 95%+. With a shotgun or high powered rifle I'd guess 99%+; extremely likely.

Upvote 0
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
A little statistical information: "standard" 9mm, 115-147 grain, produces 300-500 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle. The human skull has been tested by the US Army at 53 ft/lbs to pierce. Above the ear, in the parietal bone, is the thinnest part of the skull.

Reactions: awaitingdeath and pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
dominatememommy

dominatememommy

Jul 6, 2023
Just shoot yourself in the heart.
buddy.. the point is too reduce the pain perceived regardless of time to kill. brainstem is my obvious choice as immediate loss of consciousness is most desirable in this outcome. unless you're someone who would enjoy the feeling of bleeding out into your internal organs while you're heart palpitations disrupt flow to your brain and lungs as they fill with blood, then by all means go for it.

Upvote 0
sodalover

sodalover

vocaloid to cope -- he/him
Aug 17, 2023
if you're using a handgun it'll be (from what i've read) painful and might not work depending on the guns placement
putting the barrel in your mouth and firing directly up is the best method i've heard (think this goes with both shotgun and handgun)
but its very likely if it doesn't work you'll become a vegetable

this isn't as in depth as i would like it to be but i'm very sleepy right now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
You can always try to pair it with jumping (by sitting backwards off a balcony, etc.) and others pair it with drowning or OD. That will be my method, I'm scared of failing too.

Upvote 0
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
buddy.. the point is too reduce the pain perceived regardless of time to kill. brainstem is my obvious choice as immediate loss of consciousness is most desirable in this outcome. unless you're someone who would enjoy the feeling of bleeding out into your internal organs while you're heart palpitations disrupt flow to your brain and lungs as they fill with blood, then by all means go for it.
The more technical your plan, the higher the chance that you will fail.

Reminds me of this guy who I met in prison who was missing half skull. He tried killing himself by shooting himself in the head but he survived. Then he was arrested and sent to prison for being in possession of a firearm and had to do five years.

Upvote 0
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I wish I could get a gun but they're banned here. It need the right placement probably in the mouth upwards.

On the head sideways through the brain and no hesitating/twitching.

Upvote 0