• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think a lot about suicide recently. And I think about the impact on different people close to me. My 3 closest friends won't be that surprised. My family will be shocked though my action could have been easily anticipated. The thing that interests me the most. How would the people I met in college react? They don't know anything about my suicidality. And they would be fully unprepared.

This led me to the question in the title. How would they actually get the info I ctb'ed? I doubt they would get the information from the newspaper. Moreover I don't have social media (gladly). I currently have vacation so noone would notice my absence.

My personal theory is: I have some messengers where people have my number. Is the following usually the case: the people left behind change the profile and statuts to something to commemorate the person? I assume the authorities or my family would contact my university. At school I could assume that the message was communicated to the students. At college I am not that certain about it. I never heard of a suicide at my university would they actually communicate that?

Maybe I should not care about that. Though even when it comes to my own death my obsession of what people think of me won't stop.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, haibane, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I still really want an answer to that question. I am currently acute suicidal. And I am anxious about the impact on other people how they will be able to cope with it. But for that I need to know who of them will actually learn about it.

How does the message spread? My theory still is the messenger theory. All the people who I have saved on my phone will see some black-white profile picture. Like the old clichee. Will all the other people never learn about it? I am in college not school. In school a teacher would announce it. At college I doubt that very much.

There are people who lost loved ones to suicide. This is why I really wonder that noone has an answer to my question. Even when it comes to my suicide my obsession how I will be perceived cannot be stopped.

I have the feeling some people will be devastated about my suicide. But the closest ones had at least very very explicit warnings. I have a guilty conscience that I am unable to warn all of them. But I think some people would not be able to handle the truth.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Probably the news/media

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't think there will be much news about a random who offs himself. So many kill themselves not all of them will appear on the news.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't think there will be much news about a random who offs himself. So many kill themselves not all of them will appear on the news.
Do they not report suicides in Germany? I wonder what the criteria to appear on the news is…

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Do they not report suicides in Germany? I wonder what the criteria to appear on the news is…
There are some ethical standards for reporting about suicide and many media outlets ignore them especially the infamous "Bild-Zeitung". If there ever will be a campaign against this forum in Germany these hypocrites will be the first ones to go against it.

I don't think each suicide of an average person get published in the media. I am no expert but this would be simply too many.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
I think your assumption is correct. If you live away from home, it's likely that law enforcement will find your body. They will identify you, then get in contact with your next of kin. One of these two parties would notify your university, and while I would not expect the university to notify the students it is a possibility.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, bed and sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think just usual chit chat between people.

One person will find out, who tells another who then tells another. Takes time and people quickly forget.

Unless we are rich or famous, news won't care about a suicide at all. There will be no reports in the media.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would like to know which impact my suicide will have on others. I am way too obsessed about what will people think of me and how I will be perceived or remembered. I am glad I won't be 27 when I die. Otherwise people may think it was on purpose to die at 27 to join "the club". Whether it might trigger domino suicides. I hope noone will do that but the most likely ones would be either my dad or mom. I am scared they get a stroke or heartattack finding me.

I have talked with many close people about my suicidality. So I have a grasp what their reaction might be but there are people who barely know shit.

My two closest college friends don't know anything about my suicidality. One of them neglected the contact with me a lot. He is the "wanting to save the world guy" I think he is very noble and I am scared he could blame himself for not replying to my messages.

I think most people in my self-help group(s) won't care.

I have a severely autistic friend. I have talked to my other friends that it is very unclear how he will react. I barely talked with him about my suicidality. For me he might be the biggest question mark.

I have a right-wing extreme acquaintance who treats me very well. It could be he never learns about my suicide and just assumes I ghosted him again.

I text a lot with a very traumatized bipolar woman. I think she will be able to cope with it. I am not sure about the magnitude of my suicide on her though.

My therapists. I gonna be a lot of paper work that is for sure. My psychiatrist retires soon and in her decades long career none of her patients has committed suicide. I once told her my relation to suicide very explicitly but she forgot about it quickly because I do not often talk about it. Someone once told me in this forum their therapist once told him. The ones committed suicide were the ones we suspected it the last. Not sure whether I will fall into that category.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I am really curious which impact my suicide will have on others. Whether it might trigger domino suicides. I hope noone will do that but the most likely ones would be either my dad or mom. I am scared they get a stroke or heartattack finding me.

I have talked with many close people about my suicidality. So I have a grasp what their reaction might be but there are people who barely know shit.

My two closest college friends don't know anything about my suicidality. One of them neglected the contact with me a lot. He is the "wanting to save the world guy" I think he is very noble and I am scared he could blame himself for not replying to my messages.

I think most people in my self-help group(s) won't care.

I have a severely autistic friend. I have talked to my other friends that it is very unclear how he will react. I barely talked with him about my suicidality. For me he might be the biggest question mark.

I have a right-wing extreme acquaintance who treats me very well. It could be he never learns about my suicide and just assumes I ghosted him again.

I text a lot with a very traumatized bipolar woman. I think she will be able to cope with it. I am not sure about the magnitude of my suicide on her though.

My therapists. I gonna be a lot of paper work that is for sure. My psychiatrist retires soon and in her decades long career none of her patients has committed suicide. I once told her my relation to suicide very explicitly but she forgot about it quickly because I do not often talk about it. Someone once told me in this forum their therapist once told him. The ones committed suicide were the ones we suspected it the last. Not sure whether I will fall into that category.
No offense, but I don't think that one suicide will have an extremely large impact or trigger domino suicides. But maybe I'm wrong…

• Hugs
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No offense, but I don't think that one suicide will have an extremely large impact or trigger domino suicides. But maybe I'm wrong…
My parents love me deeply. I know a parent who went to the psych ward because he was acute suicidal when his son committed suicide...he said he would have killed himself

There are many people who love me.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
I am really curious which impact my suicide will have on others. I am way too obsessed about what will people think of me and how I will be perceived or remembered. I am glad I won't be 27 when I die. Otherwise people may think it was on purpose to die at 27 to join "the club". Whether it might trigger domino suicides. I hope noone will do that but the most likely ones would be either my dad or mom. I am scared they get a stroke or heartattack finding me.
I certainly feel this way about my own death. I wish I could stick around a day after it happened just to see how people would react; my assumption is that they would finally feign caring for me and, at long last (but also when it's too late) I would feel loved. I have had both my mother and my partner claim that if I were to die then they would take their lives, too, but I can't help but feel like they would follow through with anything and have been statements made as manipulation tactics.

• Hugs
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I live in Austria, so it should be quite similar: So far I've known two people who ctb — no media coverage, at all. Our local newspapers do have those "recently passed away" pages, but that is all. They don't name the reason. Don't expect media coverage unless it's something that will spark people's attention and bring money to the news/media, like bombing yourself or something. I also think it'd be just from the word spreading through chit-chat.

However, your death probably will have a big impact on people, especially friends and family. People will think of you. The girl I considered my friend ctb four years ago, the last time we talked before her death was one year earlier — hit me like a truck. I still think of her. We had the same birthday.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
My parents love me deeply. I know a parent who went to the psych ward because he was acute suicidal when his son committed suicide...he said he would have killed himself

There are many people who love me.
It does happen, parents grieving a suicide are at an exponentially higher risk of suicide. Siblings are also at a higher risk.

A domino effect for random people is much less likely. Of the suicide clusters I've studied, most were young people in high school. Some were friends of the original person who CTB, others just became inspired.

My suicide would kill my parents, particularly my mom. My siblings and friends would be fine though.

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
My ctb won't affect anyone actually. Although I have some family members who will feel really really bad. I believe they will grow out of it and continue to live a happy and normal life though.