• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I haven't bought any SN yet but just in case, there is a lingering question with the current medication I've been taking. I tried searching for metformin on the forum before but all I found was someone asking whether they can overdose on it as a way to CTB (which I thought was a silly idea even before I saw the exact reasons why it's a silly idea). For those who don't know, Metformin is a diabetes medication meant to lower blood sugar. Currently I take 2000 milligrams a day (That's two 500 mg pills each during lunch and dinner) though sometimes I skip for a meal or a day because I either forgot or just don't like the way it makes my stomach feel. It basically replaces my diabetes with constant diarrhea.. That and the fact that metformin can apparently cause cancer is a good reason to quit it especially before the date I actually want to CTB.

Like my main question says though, how will this medication interact with SN? Will it make it more difficult for SN to accomplish its purpose or easier? Should I just stop taking it for a few days/weeks beforehand or is it ok to keep taking it up til whenever I decide to CTB (which is still probably not going to be for a few years). Apologies if this question actually has been answered before and I'm just bad at searching.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Use the drug interaction checker linked at the bottom of the resources.

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Use the drug interaction checker linked at the bottom of the resources.
Wow, I didn't actually know that was there in the resources, I spent more of my time looking at the actual methods than the rest of that post. :ahhha:

It seems there is no documented effects of the interaction between Metformin and SN so I guess nobody really knows...Hopefully that means it's safe then but I would have liked to have been sure. Oh well. If I ever do CTB I'll be sure to document this medication for the future as a resource then in case I fail which I really hope I don't...... On the plus side though, I finally figured out why I've been feeling weird everytime I take ibuprofen these days.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I wonder too..... I am diabetic type 2 and take metformin as well. As for it causing cancer my pharmacist friend said that it was only a few manufacturers

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wonder too..... I am diabetic type 2 and take metformin as well. As for it causing cancer my pharmacist friend said that it was only a few manufacturers
That's a relief then. I sure hope that if my brand actually had potential to cause cancer then my doctor would have contacted me to change it.

But yeah, like I said, according to the drug interactions site it seems like SN has no known reactions with metformin. Watch out for heavy alcohol use though.:tongue:

yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I haven't bought any SN yet but just in case, there is a lingering question with the current medication I've been taking. I tried searching for metformin on the forum before but all I found was someone asking whether they can overdose on it as a way to CTB (which I thought was a silly idea even before I saw the exact reasons why it's a silly idea). For those who don't know, Metformin is a diabetes medication meant to lower blood sugar. Currently I take 2000 milligrams a day (That's two 500 mg pills each during lunch and dinner) though sometimes I skip for a meal or a day because I either forgot or just don't like the way it makes my stomach feel. It basically replaces my diabetes with constant diarrhea.. That and the fact that metformin can apparently cause cancer is a good reason to quit it especially before the date I actually want to CTB.

Like my main question says though, how will this medication interact with SN? Will it make it more difficult for SN to accomplish its purpose or easier? Should I just stop taking it for a few days/weeks beforehand or is it ok to keep taking it up til whenever I decide to CTB (which is still probably not going to be for a few years). Apologies if this question actually has been answered before and I'm just bad at searching.

it shouldn't interact with SN. if you are afraid that it will, then don't take it in the day when you plan to CTB. it should be out of you system in 24 hours.
I was on metformin before and I can tell you that it takes time to rise blood sugar levels, so you will have some 2 or so day window. Hope it helped.
Also about metformin being cancerogenic. I don't know who started that rumor, but metformin is currently being researched as anti-cancer and anti-aging drug .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TooConscious and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
it shouldn't interact with SN. if you are afraid that it will, then don't take it in the day when you plan to CTB. it should be out of you system in 24 hours.
I was on metformin before and I can tell you that it takes time to rise blood sugar levels, so you will have some 2 or so day window. Hope it helped.
That helps a lot, thanks! :happy:

Reactions: yetme