When you see a couple in public how do you feel?

• Happy

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Sad /depressed

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Jealous

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
I am 29 male and never had a gf.
So I hate seeing couples in public, which is everywhere of course.
Every couple I see is like a punch to the stomach because it's a constant reminder of what I cannot acheive.
Also I always feel inferior to the guy, because he managed to acheive what I can't.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide, death137, lobster salad and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
can sick be an option? as someone thats been treated poorly in a lot of relationships it makes me feel physically ill. the degree of it depends on what theyre doing though, like if theyre just holding hands then thats not so bad but the scale goes up from there

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters, ClairyFairy, lobster salad and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sad, depressed, AND jealous. Also fairly upset and filled with rage too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Panna, Largeletters and 5 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I pity the naive young ones & I'm horrified by the miserable old ones

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Largeletters, ClairyFairy and 3 others
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
It makes me feel sad because it's something I haven't properly experienced and probably never will.
I feel the same seeing father daughter relationships in public- kind of brings on the thought 'wow I wish that was my life'

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Largeletters, S like suicide and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
It makes me feel kind of indifferent. im a 20 year old male and ive never had a relationship but from what ive seen within the inner sanctum of my family and within the inner sanctum of acquaintances lives ive been let into, relationships usually arent what they're cracked up to be. I would guess that at least 80% of all relationships are extremely toxic, even if they appear good on surface level.

Because of this I don't think I could ever bring myself to be in a relationship with anyone, ill probably just opt for a friends with benefits type scenario.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Largeletters, ClairyFairy and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Most couples I see just look unhappy. Relationships just seem to bring others a lot of pain really from what I've heard. The idea doesn't appeal to me, there is just too much commitment as well. I don't really feel much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Largeletters and Journeytoletgo
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
the only thing worse than being lonely is being lonely in company.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Largeletters and Journeytoletgo
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Happy, at least someone is enjoying this life.

• Love
Reactions: FinalDestination, Ame, Largeletters and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It used to make me sad. Occasionally, it still does. I have learned to become indifferent.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
kerokeroka

kerokeroka

Kerokero:8068 我正在学习中文, 我虽然不擅长..
Oct 3, 2019
Its ok, it used to make me mad and sad but after reflecting on it i realized that those people haven't done anything thats worth anger and resentment. And that its a bad person thing to do to be mad at others happiness when theyre not harming anyone else with it or themselves. The anger then got redirected back to me and after a while in order to stop feeling bad about myself i learned to accept that i may never find love or a partner and that if i ever want to be happy i have to accept that as a real possibility.

Now, i feel happy for all the couples of the world and whenever i see one say when im at the park i'm happy that at least other people are able to find love and thus that means that true love does exist after all in this world and even if i may never experience it myself just knowing that it exists and it wasnt a lie taught to me by my parents and society brings me joy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ame and Largeletters
B

Ballehert

Jun 15, 2021
Well, i'm not good at socializing and i don't have the patience to follow the script to conquer a GF, so i don't give a damn about that.
Also, relationships nowadays are meaningless. Social media and Tinder destroyed all the concept of conventional relationship.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
probably just opt for a friends with benefits type scenario.

I've tried this but they always end up obsessed. I never want to live as part of a cohabiting couple ever again. It starts of FWB then always goes horribly wrong. It's so hard to get rid of people

Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Depends on the dynamics and how they are acting. If it reminds me of an old relationship of mine that turned out badly, I'll be glad I'm not in one. But if it's a type of relationship I envy, I become sort of jealous? I can't think of a better word to describe it. I guess mournful, as I doubt I'll ever have a successful romantic relationship.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Makes me think saint elliot had the right idea in a sense. They may have the right to be happy but so do we. If i'm not good enough for a relationship should I just quietly die and leave them to their happiness? No, something needs to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Largeletters and Futile
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
i don't feel much. maybe just kinda disgusted or annoyed ..it's not even about couples, but just seeing humans annoys me

Reactions: FuneralCry and flowerpetalashtray