Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I've been unsuccessful and will finally give into hookup debauchery, but I'd rather not.

Reactions: natali4 and Velvet Fortress
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The rule of thumb is that it is far easier to turn hookup debauchery into a genuine relationship than to try and bypass that aspect of things. Sex is ultimately at the root of it (no pun intended) so we have to surrender our judgements of our base instincts.

Reactions: Ashu and Kismet
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The rule of thumb is that it is far easier to turn hookup debauchery into a genuine relationship than to try and bypass that aspect of things. Sex is ultimately at the root of it (no pun intended) so we have to surrender our judgements of our base instincts.
It used to be the opposite, but i'll adapt

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
The hookup arena isn't the best place to look for meaningful relationships! It's surely the worst place to look for it. If you wanted to self sabotage that would be the best way to do so IMHO.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: archipelago and onlyanimalsaregood
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The hookup arena is the place to look for meaningful relationships! It's the worst place to look for it. If you wanted to self sabotage that would be the best way to do so.
Well I give up on meaningful relationships. I've looked for years. It's time to become a hedonist

Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
The apps all have a standard of hookup level, choose the ones with the least sleaziness? That'll at least increase the odds of finding someone open to more than hookup

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Wouldn't you just use a dating app if looking for relationships?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The apps all have a standard of hookup level, choose the ones with the least sleaziness? That'll at least increase the odds of finding someone open to more than hookup
They all suck. I met good ones but that was around 2015
Wouldn't you just use a dating app if looking for relationships?
No, dating apps are full of literal fakes, people who just want Instagram followers, validation

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
They all suck. I met good ones but that was around 2015

No, dating apps are full of literal fakes, people who just want Instagram followers, validation
That is true actually. The number of apps for sex and hookups far outweighs the dating apps. Tender even has a reputation for finding sex more than it does dating. More people are interested in hookup than they are dating so the dating apps die and developers make more hookup apps so they can get more advertising space and ultimately make more money. I'm almost probably way overthinking it lol

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
It makes sense to be fair. That's how things work these days. I haven't used a dating app in probably ten years now. Maybe more. Things have no doubt changed much like all the other social oriented apps and services. The worst side of humanity has seen an exponential increase as a result of the fast and vast interconnectivity the internet brings. Like a virus given the ideal breeding grounds. The worlds in a perfect storm right now!

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Arvinneedstodie
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Absolutely true what you all say.

And in answer to the OP's question, you don't. I have already given up.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Relationships are byproducts of hookups, at least they always have been for me. People will say not to go to bars or whatever but that's bullshit. Most people don't want to "date" right off the bat because it brings too much pressure and expectation. Initially people just want to have fun. Deep down a person is always going to be down for a relationship so long as they feel you're the right person. That's my life experience, anyway.

Reactions: Weebster and Ashu
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
You could talk to someone at a club or something and get to know them better. By club I dont mean night club but like a place for people to do certain activities together whether that's tennis or cooking

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
You have to form an emotional bond to someone that you are physically (unless you are demisexual) and romantically attracted to. However, if the other person is not into you, they just are not into you.

Reactions: lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Dating apps really are the fast-food to human intimacy.

If you want a 5 star meal you're gonna have to meet someone in person first in a regular non hook up setting and be patient.