WrongGuy47

WrongGuy47

Dec 21, 2020
It's been 5 years since I made my first attempt and I'm still here.
Only thing that is keeping me going currently is fear of failure.
I had thought I will exhaust all options in life and only go for CTB again when life gets worse, But these days I don't want to wait anymore, I just want to be gone. I think I'll be gone before end of this year but that's what I had thought when I was 19 but still my fear of failure kept me going.
How does one decide this is it? I don't want to take it anymore?
Everytime I'm sure I want go this time and start reading through more about methods and what could go wrong makes me anxious.
I know for sure if there was a button which could kill me I would press it in an instant.

How do I weigh pros and cons of going through it?

Maybe my choice of method needs me stop being lazy and get out of my room to actually go through with it and requires some serious effort and commitment. I live with my family so my preferred choice is to go to a forest and hang myself.

How does one overcome fear of failure? Fear of life going worse of one fails?
How does one decide this is it?

• Hugs
Reactions: justsad&done, EmptyManForever, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
you know it's time when you go through a feeling of lethargy and weakness for no apparent reason. you just feel tired but you're not actually tired; you can't sleep, you have coffee and still feel the same, etc. you feel empty and hollow as fuck too

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, Astral316, justsad&done and 4 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
for me any time is right. the sooner i leave the better

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, justsad&done, WornOutLife and 3 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
It can be really difficult to overcome your survival instincts, I'm sorry you're going through this. It can be a long and emotional journey for you, and unfortunately it is something you have to figure out for yourself, I think. I felt very unsure of things before too, I was scared of failure and I felt trapped, but being on this site and talking it through with others really helped. I feel a lot calmer now, and so I hope you'll be able to reach that point eventually, too. If you're having doubts, maybe taking some time to really consider everything might help. Something that may be good for you, is being on a site like this where you can receive support, or maybe even having a diary you can write to, to try and understand yourself a little more.

If it makes you feel a little better, I think if you properly go through the resources for your method, the chances of failure will be a lot lower. The biggest issue with failure is other people intervening, so as long as you're completely alone, it should be okay imo. But suicide is a big decision, and it's completely normal and valid to feel the way you do. I hope things manage to get easier for you over time, it's horrible having to feel the way that you do. Sorry if I couldn't help much with my response, but I wish you the absolute best finding answers. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: justsad&done, WornOutLife and WrongGuy47
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I guess a good metric is if you wake up and there isn't a single thing you can do that would bring you one iota of a temporary joy.

Main thing preventing me from CTB is living family members

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, WrongGuy47 and botanormal
WrongGuy47

WrongGuy47

Dec 21, 2020
It can be really difficult to overcome your survival instincts, I'm sorry you're going through this. It can be a long and emotional journey for you, and unfortunately it is something you have to figure out for yourself, I think. I felt very unsure of things before too, I was scared of failure and I felt trapped, but being on this site and talking it through with others really helped. I feel a lot calmer now, and so I hope you'll be able to reach that point eventually, too. If you're having doubts, maybe taking some time to really consider everything might help. Something that may be good for you, is being on a site like this where you can receive support, or maybe even having a diary you can write to, to try and understand yourself a little more.

If it makes you feel a little better, I think if you properly go through the resources for your method, the chances of failure will be a lot lower. The biggest issue with failure is other people intervening, so as long as you're completely alone, it should be okay imo. But suicide is a big decision, and it's completely normal and valid to feel the way you do. I hope things manage to get easier for you over time, it's horrible having to feel the way that you do. Sorry if I couldn't help much with my response, but I wish you the absolute best finding answers. :hug:
Thank you for your kind words. Your response was really helpful and made me feel better. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The right time to go is when you just can't endure life anymore.
For example, I'm dying mentally little by little and next year my body will. It's unhealthy to think of CTB 24/7.
Last time I failed, but next time I hope I won't and if I do fail, I'll probably go mad and end up in a psych ward for a very looooooooooooooong time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and yive