S

soverytired42

Aug 28, 2023
I live in Washington state, I've taken myself to the hospital a couple times for suicidal thoughts but I was only ever voluntarily commited, they were only able to keep me for a few days which didn't help me at all. I want to go and tell them point blank that I'm going to kill myself if I don't get serious long term help. However, I'm pretty sure being involuntarily commited is what prevents you from buying a firearm, which in my mind is taking away my ability to access a hopefully quick and painless death if all else fails. If I bought a gun beforehand and then went to the hospital, surely they'd try to find it and take it, and if they couldn't find it probably charge me for improper storage. Does anyone have any experience with this?

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I live in Washington state, I've taken myself to the hospital a couple times for suicidal thoughts but I was only ever voluntarily commited, they were only able to keep me for a few days which didn't help me at all. I want to go and tell them point blank that I'm going to kill myself if I don't get serious long term help. However, I'm pretty sure being involuntarily commited is what prevents you from buying a firearm, which in my mind is taking away my ability to access a hopefully quick and painless death if all else fails. If I bought a gun beforehand and then went to the hospital, surely they'd try to find it and take it, and if they couldn't find it probably charge me for improper storage. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Heard you can go to a gun show and find a private seller. Not American so can't help too much. Good luck finding your boomstick.