• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Like Music for example, how tf can that coexist in a world with so much unnecessary violence?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, fleetingnight and Forever Sleep
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think its about perspective.

If we see it as a bad world with good, we will see that.

If we see it with a good world with bad, we will see more good and positive.

Most of the time I see the world as a good place. Depression makes it very hard to see good though. It lies to us.

Reactions: lovedread, Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
it's all about the quality and quantity of components their speed and the laws governing them it just so happens the quality of components is such that vibrations can create sound waves which move through mediums such as air, water and wood. When an object vibrates, it causes movement in the particles of the medium. This movement is called sound waves, and it keeps going until the particles run out of energy, This system creates all life and everything else there is it's just a system which runs on predictable laws, in the same way sound waves can travel through a medium a bullet fired from a gun travels through a medium if the bullet hits anything alive it will cause a injury possibly even death, this system doesn't care whether or not something alive is harm it just carry's on as nothing happened resulting in both good and bad outcomes for which the system isn't concerned with

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I see the supposed good crap as bait and traps for extreme pain that could get any human at any time

For example some might think watching garbage like youtube is enjoyable or good. But imo that's just an addiction.

"I need to watch these videos" then a blood vessel breaks in my brain the next day or i become homeless or get cancer .... Was that video or that music or sandwich seeing a sunset worth that? Not to me. I'm listing this crap they tell us are soooo gooood . That isn't good to me I see it for what It is

I don't see how one can separate the "good" from the worst pain or the most horrible things since they are both part of this evil world and evil life šŸ§¬

And i'm not depressed. It's just a rational analysis. the horrible and painful things outweigh the good enjoyable things in both intensity and duration. nothing can compare to 1 minute of the worst pain much less hours , weeks of that kind of constant pain . another example any sentient creature can suffer the pain of long term starvation for months constant pain of starvation but eating food is pleasurable for only a short time that is quickly forgotten. trillions of sentient beings have suffered starvation . starvation was the norm for humans before civillization technology supermarkets when a human had to walk miles every day to look for some animal they could kill to eat or some edible plant food

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and 2 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Anything good is never made to last or is just fake. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and DeIetedUser4739
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I kind of think things like music and art are people's attempts at making life good. As in, since there's very little naturally-occuring good, people are trying to add something to life to make it tolerable, whether they realize that's what they're doing or not. I don't know if that makes sense, lol

• Informative
Reactions: Vicolo cieco, Praestat_Mori and DeIetedUser4739
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Music and art are not viable reasons to see the "good" in the world when most likely the music you like (general "you", not OP or anyone in this thread) were works of art made by truly disgusting people. Bands I like have members get outed all the time as scum of the earth fucks and so I can't even use music as an escape. Everything is corrupt and ugly.

"The world is so beautiful", yeah. It sure is when you ignore that people with the worst intentions have all our personal information, people in positions of power that do the most heinous things and then make laws to outlaw those heinous actions while they do it freely because they're "above" the law.

I don't see beauty in a world run by child abusers and traffickers.

There is no "good" in this world. Just a cope excuse for distractions so you don't think too hard about how fucked this world and existence truly is.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie and DeIetedUser4739
SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
Humans are dual-soul creatures. You have in you a capacity for great good, (G) and a capacity for great evil (E). It used to be that religion would curtail your E side, the threat of eternal damnation was pretty effective. However with us exiting the renaissance, and science seeing discovery after discovery, E and G are now fighting each other on equal footing.

Most people struggle to keep a roof over their heads, in England there is a popular phrase "Heating vs Eating" you can imagine what that entails. There is very little chance for G to flourish when everyone is at eachothers throats over food and shealter. Don't get me wrong, there has always been E, but its more pronounced and viewable now.

The most we can do, is try and be kind to others, this is what I hope to do; Everyone here, on SaSu is my brother.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Praestat_Mori, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You can't have good without bad and you can't have bad without good. If it was really truly always bad all the time then we wouldn't even know what good is and the same is true for the reverse.

That said, most of us can only ever hope for good enough instead of actual good in this world, but I'm sure it does exist for some lucky few people out there.

Reactions: Pluto, ColorlessTrees, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
I kind of think things like music and art are people's attempts at making life good. As in, since there's very little naturally-occuring good, people are trying to add something to life to make it tolerable, whether they realize that's what they're doing or not. I don't know if that makes sense, lol
I'm inclined to agree. The world as a whole is cold, unfair and dangerous. That requires counteracts, we'd lose all hope otherwise and that alone can kill a mammal.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and fleetingnight
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Anything that's good is only really good because it alleviates suffering. Though, now that I think about it, most of the things that are good were invented by humans instead of it naturally existing in nature. Music was designed by humans. Movies were desgned by humans. This just goes to show how brutal nature actually is and how disappointing reality is as well.

Oh, by the way, I wish that music worked on me and made me feel better but sadly it doesn't. I truly am not meant to be a human

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Vicolo cieco and Praestat_Mori
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
Like Music for example, how tf can that coexist in a world with so much unnecessary violence?
Good in what way? There are man things that make people "feel" good. But it's not anything that is inherently good about stuff like music or art.

Music and art don't feed people nor can they save lives. They just gives us a temporary dose of happy hormones for a short period of time. But they aren't in any way substantial or long-lasting. Somebody has to make an effort to make those things last. The process of learning to create music and art can be very tedious and difficult.

Western civilization has created a space where we can enjoy those simple pleasures in abundance but it was created through the exploitation and extermination of others. Spotify pays almost nothing to their creators that offer their music to the platform. A lot of them are suffering and are barely scraping by to create the music we listen to.

Good and bad go hand in hand. There's always a price.

Reactions: Vicolo cieco
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
You can't have good without bad and you can't have bad without good. If it was really truly always bad all the time then we wouldn't even know what good is and the same is true for the reverse.

That said, most of us can only ever hope for good enough instead of actual good in this world, but I'm sure it does exist for some lucky few people out there.
There's something quite profound in this.

I often use the African American community as an example. Music evolved enormously in the 20th century, and most of the new inventions (e.g. in blues, jazz, rock 'n' roll, rhythm 'n' blues, rap, hip hop, etc.) were all driven by this one people. And African Americans happen to be the same group subjected to the most heinous of historical injustices, from slavery to lynching to Jim Crow.

There are many other historical examples of artists who had quite difficult lives and escaped by immersing themselves into their music. I like to use Frederic Chopin as an example, as I think of him as one of the first modern celebrities with his dramatic life of unstable relationships and health problems. Yet the result was, to those who appreciate it, utterly sublime and superhuman masterpieces.

There are many examples in other fields like scientific discovery, too. This world truly is a realm of light and dark in a stormy coexistence.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, anxiousalpaca and DeIetedUser4739