roju

roju

Jul 2, 2020
The last thing I want is to cause trouble for my parents.

I currently live in a house with my parents. I know that when I leave this world my parents will want to sell the house.

The most comfortable thing would be to die in my room, in my bed when they go on vacation or something. But I am very concerned about ctb here if that is going to negatively affect the price and value of the home.

Should I drive away and ctb in my car and avoid doing it in home at all costs? Will anything change if I do it in my car or will the house still be "marked" simply because a family member that lived here committed suicide? Even having done it outside the house.

I don't know what to do anymore. Of course attempt in my car is going to be much more hard, complicated, stressful and less peaceful.

What do you guys think? Is anyone in a similar situation?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: illbehave, Breadbfra, InterstateFlowers and 6 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Reactions: illbehave, BPD Barbie, Doormat and 2 others
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
:smiling:Governement gets my house after the death . I will be happy if nobody buy it from them

Reactions: alexit, LetzteAusfahrt and ExitStageLeft
roju

roju

Jul 2, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed Yes, I read about it and it seems logical to me, but my main question is whether even in spite of doing it in my car, the house will also have lost its value due to the buyer will know the loss of my family.

Like, my current bedroom will belong to a dead young person... And I guess the neighbors will talk... it seems that there is no way to do it right. Very frustrating.

I do not know if I explain myself well. I beg your pardon If I don't.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers and LetzteAusfahrt
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you read the articles, yes, there may be a stigma. It just doesn't have to be disclosed. But if a potential buyer talks to the neighbors before committing to buy, they may decide not to buy or offer a lower price.

I'm sorry this is such a challenge.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, LetzteAusfahrt and roju
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I really, truly don't care how my suicide will affect my home's property value. I don't have kids, so my state government will probably get custody of it. And since my state's Corona quarantine laws is what pushed me to CTB, my ghost will be snickering at my state trying to sell my former home. Let it sit on the market forever, for all I care. To borrow a French expression, "après moi le déluge" (after me, [may as well there be] the flood).

Reactions: Mila
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
My friend, I believe you are overthinking potential consequences to others as a result of your passing. I do not think you should be concerned with that as your parents will take care of themselves. The most important decision is if you will proceed and which method will you employ. The more time you spend on planning, the smoother the execution will be. Have you chosen a method?

Reactions: Escargot Shorts and Deleted member 4993
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
What @GoodPersonEffed said is on point. CTB does indeed lower the market value of a property and this mostly stems from antiquated religious sentiments. I personally don't see anything less valuable just because someone 'died' on a property, mainly because I have a very logical and objective mindset when it comes to many things in the world. With that said, I don't make the rules nor control how others react or perceive a death, but based on what I know about reality, I'd do my best to avoid dying in the home unless I absolutely have no other choice and am limited in options. However, you should do what you feel most comfortable in your personal circumstances.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sarahlynn, InterstateFlowers, roju and 2 others
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
The fact that you're asking this makes it seem as if you are worried about the effect it will have on your parents? If that's the case, maybe you should take some time to consider if you truly want to ctb in the house and/or what other options you might have. Just a thought... forgive me if I'm reading too much into it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Have you thought about doing it in a hotel room and sending a delayed email to the police? That way your parents won't find your dead body in their house when they come back home, which would be traumatising for them. If you didn't die in the house, I don't think that would affect the price half as much as if you died in the house. Or park your car in the wilderness, that's another way to hopefully not cause too many negative effects. Good luck with whatever you choose is best, I hope you find peace.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and depression999
D

depression999

Aug 18, 2020
That's an interesting question, one I hadn't considered and one I would like more info on

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
My friend, I believe you are overthinking potential consequences to others as a result of your passing. I do not think you should be concerned with that as your parents will take care of themselves.
So, this is true to a point, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being concerned about the effect on those left behind. I now work at a bank and I've observed firsthand how stressful it can be to deal with settling the affairs of someone who has died, particularly if unexpectedly. There is so much to deal with, and the situation is already so stressful and difficult. Wanting to ease the situation for them by creating as little post-suicidal consequences as possible, I think, is an admirable thing to do.

Reactions: illbehave, Sarahlynn, Lupgevif and 1 other person
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
If it becomes known that a ctb has occurred in the house, then less buyers will be interested. This can have an impact on the selling price if it is to be sold quickly.
If you have time to wait for the right offer, it doesn't matter.

I also think that your ctb won't have any influence in the car.

BUT

Do you really want to do it to your parents that they come home after the holidays and be the first to find you dead in your room? If it's warm and you've been dead for a few days, it won't look very nice.

How do you plan your ctb? Which method? If you can do it in your bed, then you can do it outside, in nature. Then it is not your parents who find you and can remember you as they knew you
@GoodPersonEffed
I do not know if I explain myself well. I beg your pardon If I don't.
You explain very well what your thoughts are. There is no need to apologize

You are very honored that you think about it. You are a decent young person who wants to be there for others even in death.

Once more a good person will leave the world
:heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: illbehave, crybaby, Sarahlynn and 2 others
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Have you made a decision where you want to say goodbye to this world?

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
In the state that I live in realtors have no legal duty to disclose facts that have no direct and detrimental physical impact on the property. They don't need to disclose if anyone has died in the home let alone the cause of death. They have a duty to be honest. If asked outright, has someone committed suicide in this home? If the seller agreed to disclose the information, then they would have to say yes. If the seller doesn't agree to disclose the info, the say just that, they are not permitted to disclose the information.

Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
This is the reason why I won't CTB at home

I have my own place, and my family will have to sell it when I die.

Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
this is way past the initial posting but i think this is such an interesting topic and the podcast Criminal does a pretty good episode on stigmatized property (esp houses owners insist is 'haunted'). but yea, depending on where you live for now, if u plan on offing at home, you can also look up state rulings that determine whether or not deaths in the home have to be disclosed.

for any future reference for others, this does mean that dying off the property doesn't have much affect to the value of the property itself. and while something like, idk public attention may be a factor, unless your bus catching is particularly sensational, it's not going to mean much.

if there's a bright side to it all, even then, a property w/ decreased value may attract someone not put off by the history and may need a cheaper place to live as a homeowner. or some opportunistic property management thing will come through, who knows

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
People in the neighborhood remember the house and gossip about it and the family for a long time afterwards. I know this firsthand from a friend who's brother ctb'd in their house. It makes it harder to sell and has to sell at a lower price due to that.
In most states but not all, realtors are required to disclose anything that may affect the homes value such as that. The same as if there is a toxic dump nearby or a new highway will be built in the backyard.

Reactions: dysfunctional
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
pretty unrelated-ish but now i got curious about hotels and death disclosures (spoiler: they don't have to tell you!) but there are apparently 'signs' that can clue you in (though also seem like things that don't definitively say so)

Reactions: illbehave