coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
I'm so fucking tired of it, every time i think about my mental health i have a 50 percent chance to go into the self doubt spiral of "is this right though? am i interpreting these things right? am i exaggerating them? am i misunderstanding? did i even have these issues before recently? am i just looking for attention and validation? am i subconsciously faking them without noticing? is anything in my head real? who am i? is this thinking even real? am i only doubting myself because i saw someone say once that doubting it is evidence of it and i want to make it seem more real subconsciously?"

i cant feel/do anything without like later questioning it, even if i dont at the time. I also can't like not do anything because then im like "hmm i havent done this in this amount of time is it fake?" i cant see anyone else with worse or different issues to me without comparing myself like "hmm mine isnt like that am i faking?" and i cant see anyone with similar issues cus then im like "hmm do i really think that or am i just copying them?" i cant do fucking anything without my brain spinning it to doubt me in some way.

the worst bit is i have some moments where i have no doubt and can be really objective but then like it always goes and then i doubt whatever i said/thought in that mindset even if i was certain of it then. i hate it. i wish i could like idfk. i dont even know how to describe this i just wish i could accurately like percieve/understand myself without doubting it it's like trying to look at something through like frosted glass idk. i dont get it. i hate it. how do i stop this. is there like something i can take or do? i wish i could like let someone else look in my brain and make sense of it for me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Buh-bye!, ishiguro and vanillamilkshakes
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
all the time, I wish we could pick into our memories and remove the painful ones ❤️ I'm sorry for everything you're going through

Reactions: ishiguro
coolgal82

coolgal82

Sep 10, 2024
all the time, I wish we could pick into our memories and remove the painful ones ❤️ I'm sorry for everything you're going through
i dont really have any painful ones which is one of the biggest sources of my self doubt lmao i've had a fine life my brain is just fucky

• Yay!
Reactions: vanillamilkshakes
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
i cant see anyone with similar issues cus then im like "hmm do i really think that or am i just copying them?"
happens to me too. even the things you described, i can relate to some of them at times. and by that i can say it's really frustrating to feel like that, you can't really make decisions timely and even when you do you just can't be sure if it's the right thing or not. unfortunately, i do not know the cure to this yet i do have something to offer as an opinion. i believe it's also a blessing, this unwavering self doubt at times - stops you from doing the wrong things sometimes, decisions even though taken late seem rational and knowing yourself more is supposedly the only thing that i haven't seen anyone deem as pointless yet. but i don't know, i just wish for us to be like we want to or get the reigns in our hands somehow. good luck friend ( if i'm allowed to use that word! )

coolgal82

coolgal82

Sep 10, 2024
happens to me too. even the things you described, i can relate to some of them at times. and by that i can say it's really frustrating to feel like that, you can't really make decisions timely and even when you do you just can't be sure if it's the right thing or not. unfortunately, i do not know the cure to this yet i do have something to offer as an opinion. i believe it's also a blessing, this unwavering self doubt at times - stops you from doing the wrong things sometimes, decisions even though taken late seem rational and knowing yourself more is supposedly the only thing that i haven't seen anyone deem as pointless yet. but i don't know, i just wish for us to be like we want to or get the reigns in our hands somehow. good luck friend ( if i'm allowed to use that word! )
idk i make alot of bad decisions its more doubting like myself as in my experiences/opinions/etc than my actions (well that happens sometimes but im usually very impulsive when it comes to stupid decisions)

• Love
Reactions: AvaCutey
AvaCutey

AvaCutey

Pragmatist
Oct 9, 2024
I have the opposite problem, I never have any doubt, I go through life with unwavering certainty. It isn't ideal. My overconfidence has led to many poor decisions, I have only a few friends, I don't know how they handle my ego lol. I think self doubt is mostly good, I need some.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess I see it more as: What's making me upset? Can I fix it? Am I willing to go through what's needed to fix it? How long for? What are my chances of being reasonably content once I have those problems sorted? The third one specific to women probably: Is it my time of the month? That may be why everything feels 10 times worse!

If your query relates to specific mental illnesses though- are you officially diagnosed? Do you think it would help you to have an official diagnosis? Like, I don't have it but I can imagine someome with say- bipolar might be at an advantage if they know they are prone to manic and depressive episodes. To some extent, they may know what to expect of themselves in those time periods.

I'm pretty sure I suffer from limerence- obsessive crushes on people. Since coming to that conclusion, I'm much better at stopping my infatuations early before they consume me.

coolgal82

coolgal82

Sep 10, 2024
I guess I see it more as: What's making me upset? Can I fix it? Am I willing to go through what's needed to fix it? How long for? What are my chances of being reasonably content once I have those problems sorted? The third one specific to women probably: Is it my time of the month? That may be why everything feels 10 times worse!

If your query relates to specific mental illnesses though- are you officially diagnosed? Do you think it would help you to have an official diagnosis? Like, I don't have it but I can imagine someome with say- bipolar might be at an advantage if they know they are prone to manic and depressive episodes. To some extent, they may know what to expect of themselves in those time periods.

I'm pretty sure I suffer from limerence- obsessive crushes on people. Since coming to that conclusion, I'm much better at stopping my infatuations early before they consume me.
looking into gettting something diagnosed but that only makes the doubt worse until it happens

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep