N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am feeling quite manic currently. Tomorrow is my free day. Not sure what I will do. I try to relax and slow down my thoughts. One of the best thing that helps is my medication. Sadly only the addictive medication is strong enough to calm me down fully. Though also the non-addictive medication is helping. Though I am still very fragile.

Writing in this forum and trying to self-reflect can help. Thinking about sad things and the horrible consequences of another manic episode helps me to keep the balance. However every individual is different.

Taking a bath can be relaxing. I like to have a medium temperature first and then I increase it after a while. I sometimes recognize how my muscles relax. Reading about David Foster Wallace reminds me of my depressions. This is something which has somewhat an anit-manic effect on me. Also listening to sad music. I always do that before I go to sleep.

Trying to anaylze how my brain tries to deceive me. I often do that in my threads. It is always interesting finishing some threads and then being curious which replies I will read at the next morning.

I will probably lie in bed the whole day. I do this really quite extensively (laying in my bed). What currently induces my manic symptoms is the following. Some people told me how smart they consider me and I had a success is college. It is quite pathetic. But my brain is obsessed by it.
On the one hand it is good because it motivates me to keep on fighting. On the other hand it can cause insane ethusiasm and that leads to mania. I am currently overthinking things a lot. The success was not that huge. It is quite pathological to think so much about it. I have the feeling my brain always neeeds something to ruminate and overthink about. First this girl was like 24/7 on my mind. Now I realized it was mostly only a delusion.

I think this is why I never perceive my life as boring. My thoughts can trigger insanely intensive feelings and emotions. It is often like a rollercoaster.

How do you relax?

Last edited:
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Valerian, lavender, balm, hops, classical music, forest

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
By reminding myself that my life is meaningless and insignificant, and that all suffering is temporary. Some day I will finally be gone from this world no matter what. It is comforting, the thought of no longer existing. I never really feel that relaxed no matter what though, I think that for me peace does not exist in this life, it will only exist in death. I do think that things like music and sleeping are what can often help people to relax.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Wine or couple of coronas. If you struggle with alcohol control disregard.