T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
I've seen people pick dates from a few hours all the way to a few months.

I'm in a peculiar spot where I'm taking slow baby steps to prepare, getting forms ready to donate my body (funeral costs gone) and writing out a note. Thing is, I have no odea how people work out a date to do it. I figured I'd do it when it felt right. Is there a recommendation on this topic?

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and sadghost
S

sunbear1414

Jun 5, 2020
I think it really depends on the person, you could make a planner and figure out approximately how long it will take for you to get everything in order and then decide on the date from there,

Or you could choose a day that's significant to you in some way (and also allows you a good amount of time to be ready

You don't have to make a date if you don't want to, you could just do it when it feels right

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, sadghost, Isittimetogonola and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I picked my date based on how the country functions.
Specifically, a date where there are no cars anywhere except for cops. This is quite the gamble, but along this road there is a place for me to rot away for about a year. I will not be found. This is the good part.
The bad part is that if things don't go according to plan, I'd have to wait for a year.

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I once read a quote that said a wish is just a goal without a deadline.

I'm not choosing a date. I simply know I'll begin experimenting when I return home after lockdown. It'll not only be convenient, but I hate my environment there, so I'll have the fuel necessary to drive me on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Isittimetogonola
Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness to be taken advantage by al
Oct 22, 2019
For me, it is not a specific date, just I will know that it is time. Not too far off the way things have been going.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost and Deleted member 17331
NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
I have too many dates I can choose from for various reasons. Right now with the current set date is October 31, 2020 at around sunset. It's also a Blue moon on that date. The current date could be bumped up or down depending on what happens in between now and then. At this point, the sooner the better. Things have been in a continuous downward spiral since the Fourth of July.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and LetzteAusfahrt
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
No dates, I just want to die asap.

Last edited:
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I don't have a date but I'd still like to wait a few more months so I can do some more things I enjoy before ctb. I really want to ctb before February of 2021 though.

Reactions: Belit667 and Isittimetogonola
Fenty(nal)

Fenty(nal)

Tired.
Oct 18, 2018
I keep it away from major holidays and monthly dates (can't be the 8th, 16th, 18th, 19th due to many reasons).

pillow933

pillow933

Student
Mar 7, 2020
I haven't picked a specific date, however I know roughly when given my schedule over the next couple months. There are a few old friends I'd like to meet first, who I have plans to meet some time over the next few weeks. Past that point it's just picking a day that I know will be a quiet one.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I will probably pick the time when the next major trauma hits, whether its the next trip to the hospital, the next tornado headed this way, the next flood here, the next totally unbearable disaster that hits me, which come along frequently, only this time I want to be ready and have the means to actually escape.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020
For me I choose a date that everything should line up in. I have my materials, a free day, people who'd worry are busy so they won't know until after, notes are written, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I want to help a friend one last time, do one service. That will be possible on September 26th, so on September 27th I can finally ctb.

at last

• Hugs
Reactions: Belit667 and Living_Hurts_so_Much
greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
Honestly, you should pick a date that feels good to you or you don't even have to pick a date you could just wait til the time is right. But if you do end up picking a date you should choose a date away from like family birthdays and stuff and also away from holidays. Do it on a day where you aren't busy and you have the time to make it happen. Just make sure you are completely sure before you ctb.

A

Anxietykillsme

Feb 27, 2020
I have a rough date in mind, this has only sprung up as my parents mentioned about going on holiday so it gives me time to sort out my last bits and to actually do it.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
I was aiming for this recent Leap Day, just for kicks & giggles. I've had multiple attempts, so I didn't miss it from losing heart but because I don't want to leave too much of a mess behind.

Anyway, I actually wound up having a lot of fun for a brief period shortly thereafter, unrelated to missing that bus. Fun time is over. so, I dunno, am I too impatient for 29 Feb 2024?

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
I picked a very specific date, the 5th anniversary of my father's death. The exact day.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt