howcanigo

howcanigo

another day without saying what i want to say?
Sep 9, 2023
i feel like something always comes up. it's that time of the year where i'm aching to leave here, but i feel like i can't.

it's a close family members birthday, and then the holidays, and then more birthdays. it feels like no matter when i leave, it'd be an awkward time for everyone else. why does it feel like i can never find the time to finally fucking rest once and for all? god and then people make more plans that i feel subjugated to. i just want to feel like it's finally time. what a fucking relief that would be.

it'd be almost poetic to leave on my birthday, but people would be more cognizant of you on your birthday. i don't even want to wait till next year but i couldn't bring myself to right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, corazon, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Ideally I thought of dying on the birthday as well. It might not be possible but it seems very romantic to me.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and lavender143once
howcanigo

howcanigo

Sep 9, 2023
Ideally I thought of dying on the birthday as well. It might not be possible but it seems very romantic to me.
it is, leaving the same day you came. a day where you're supposed to celebrate your life, you choose to end it. i wish it were more possible. unfortunately, if you have anyone checking in on you, they'd want to more on your birthday so, red flags would come up quicker.

Reactions: DyingToDie123, anhedonicNfoggy and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
it is, leaving the same day you came. a day where you're supposed to celebrate your life, you choose to end it. i wish it were more possible. unfortunately, if you have anyone checking in on you, they'd want to more on your birthday so, red flags would come up quicker.
That's true and I live with my mother. I want to move out but I know I can't at least right now bc of money. This will take a few years.

M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
No one can tell you when. For me, I spent months waiting for that little click from a light switch to go off in my brain telling me that I'm completely ready to retire from life. I think picking a d-day is about when an opportunity lends itself to you. You should not be concerned about others because the fact is they don't care about how depressed you are. They still want to see you alive and well. Take matter into your own hands. Pick a time and things will fall into place. You have to be mentally and emotionally ready to commit to your retirement.

• Love
Reactions: XdragonsoulX, DeadlineDialer and howcanigo
howcanigo

howcanigo

Sep 9, 2023
No one can tell you when. For me, I spent months waiting for that little click from a light switch to go off in my brain telling me that I'm completely ready to retire from life. I think picking a d-day is about when an opportunity lends itself to you. You should not be concerned about others because the fact is they don't care about how depressed you are. They still want to see you alive and well. Take matter into your own hands. Pick a time and things will fall into place. You have to be mentally and emotionally ready to commit to your retirement.
you're right, of course i wouldnt see the outcome but i wouldnt want the holidays or any birthdays tainted for them.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that many people manage to leave when they have a method plan that they feel confident in and they just know that the time is right for them, I certainly envy those who managed to succeed.

Reactions: howcanigo and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I agree that the method and a plan, the place, the timing, all has to feel right. I would certainly like the roadblocks I have to not be there.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The best dates are those that aren't close to any special events because possibly your family members or anyone who is aware of your passing would associate said events with your ctb, causing them to be unable to enjoy those events anymore. Unless you care about them, I advise to ctb at a time of year where there are no special events…

Reactions: Kompass, corazon, DeadlineDialer and 3 others
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I choose to CTB if I remain single for more than half a year. I will try my best to find a partner, but if I fail CTB would be my backup plan.

howcanigo

howcanigo

Sep 9, 2023
I choose to CTB if I remain single for more than half a year. I will try my best to find a partner, but if I fail CTB would be my backup plan.
i wish you luck in finding love

• Love
Reactions: HappyForever?
Talles

Talles

Mar 3, 2023
Honestly when I have everything ready I think I will know the day. It will call to me. And then I will do it.
I believe everyone should pick what makes sense, what speaks to your soul.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
howcanigo

howcanigo

Sep 9, 2023
Honestly when I have everything ready I think I will know the day. It will call to me. And then I will do it.
I believe everyone should pick what makes sense, what speaks to your soul.
thats actually very helpful advice. i dont want it to be spontaneous, because ive done that and failed before but i think i will know when i know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Talles
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
if i had a method / everything settled before then i would choose the day after the last event i need to be around for. unfortunately it does fall soon (like a matter of days) before a very important birthday but i don't think i can wait for even just a month after that when it's closer to my own. though if i had to settle i sure wouldn't mind not having to hear happy birthday being sung to my deadname like last year

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
this is what i do:
flip a coin: heads= first half of month tails = last half of month
flip 2nd coin: heads=first half of half tails = last half of half
flip 3rd coin: first half of quarter tails = last half of quarter
until you arrive on a date

howcanigo

howcanigo

Sep 9, 2023
if i had a method / everything settled before then i would choose the day after the last event i need to be around for. unfortunately it does fall soon (like a matter of days) before a very important birthday but i don't think i can wait for even just a month after that when it's closer to my own. though if i had to settle i sure wouldn't mind not having to hear happy birthday being sung to my deadname like last year
i wish your close relatives were accepting of your real identity and name. you deserve to have an actual happy birthday with your real name acknowledged. i wish you peace in whatever decision you make.

viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
i wish your close relatives were accepting of your real identity and name. you deserve to have an actual happy birthday with your real name acknowledged. i wish you peace in whatever decision you make.
thank you so much <33 it's honestly really refreshing hearing someone cares about that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: howcanigo and Dr. Henjin
Dr. Henjin

Dr. Henjin

Sep 23, 2023
I ask myself the same question. I'm in a situation where I really don't have anyone, no special occasions or anything to roadblock me. I figured when I'm ready I'll just come home from work, get really drunk, and just do it. I planned too on my birthday as well but I got way too drunk (don't do that) and ended up passing out. Woke up with such a nasty hangover the moment was gone, hangxiety makes it really difficult. Hopefully soon.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
i wish you luck in finding love
Good luck finding and keeping love. Love lost is why I am going to CTB.
Good luck finding and keeping love. Lost love is why I am going to CTB.