T

tiredandconfused

Sep 14, 2021
I can't go into detail but life has been rough. I have known for many years I wanted to die but when I try I hesitate. But life is so painful, too much to overcome. I tried overdoses and slitting my wrists but I didn't go far enough. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen. Hesitation at the last moment. I have no one to hold on for and can't see a future. I feel like a coward. Wanting to ctb but not doing it. I have tried everything and accepted all the help available. It feels like I've already died I just need to get my physical body to end it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: natthebrat, ANONYMOUSM, SenseOfLoss and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
First of all, you shouldn't feel like a coward because of SI. Its a normal feature of the human body, everyone has it. Don't be ashamed. As for how to overcome it because it can be really tough to do so at times, just get drunk before you're gonna do anything that concerns hurting yourself. You can also take some antidepressants or anxiety pills to help with it too.

Reactions: murmur and ANONYMOUSM
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I feel for you. Survival instinct is definitely one of the most difficult aspects of the whole thing in my opinion- second only to leaving the people you love behind. First, I'd say make sure this is what you want to do. Obviously even when you are 100% of your decision, survival instinct is hard to fight. Coming to terms with your decision and waiting until you feel completely ready is my best advice. That's what I am doing. Alcohol, weed, and other drugs that can help lessen your anxiety and inhibition, while making you feel "happy" and peaceful are also an option. That's another page out of my own book. Lastly, finding a method that is comfortable for you is important. After much deliberation I've decided on nitrogen, but that will not work for everyone. I hope you are able to find some peace. Best of luck

Reactions: coked_pigeon and ANONYMOUSM
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do understand that it's so dreadful feeling trapped here, suicide really is just too unnecessarily difficult, it really should be easier to permanently escape from all the suffering. I imagine that those who managed to overcome the SI had access to a method that they felt confident in and they just got so determined to succeed, I envy those people, I find it so horrible how there isn't the option to just easily leave this world in peace.

Reactions: John117 and myusername890
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
I do understand that it's so dreadful feeling trapped here, suicide really is just too unnecessarily difficult, it really should be easier to permanently escape from all the suffering. I imagine that those who managed to overcome the SI had access to a method that they felt confident in and they just got so determined to succeed, I envy those people, I find it so horrible how there isn't the option to just easily leave this world in peace.
I know the suicide box from Futurama is supposed to be a joke and funny but I just wished I lived in a society like that. I gave up on hoping our society could become better but I just wish it would let us have a easy way to go.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, pthnrdnojvsc, ANONYMOUSM and 2 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Many people are in this situation, myself included. It is difficult to die without the help of physician. Suicide should be possible when the pain is stronger than the fear. Mental preparation and practicing the method far in advance is more important than drugs. One must be in a state of fearlessness. One must perform a brave act. Courage is the triumph over fear. But the reality is that not everyone dares to commit suicide without the help of a physician. Those who have the courage to die probably do not end up here.

Reactions: Fall_Apart and pthnrdnojvsc
fallintotheshadows

fallintotheshadows

Oct 23, 2023
I can't go into detail but life has been rough. I have known for many years I wanted to die but when I try I hesitate. But life is so painful, too much to overcome. I tried overdoses and slitting my wrists but I didn't go far enough. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen. Hesitation at the last moment. I have no one to hold on for and can't see a future. I feel like a coward. Wanting to ctb but not doing it. I have tried everything and accepted all the help available. It feels like I've already died I just need to get my physical body to end it.
yeah the best way and this is me just being very confident in my abilities to notice many things without researching, is if you are inebriated in any way it will be easier to do so. thats why ive been high for so long and will then at the last 1 will take a jump

Reactions: Lookoutbelow