C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
Hello wonderful SS family, I hope all of you are hanging in there ok.

My N package is going out in the mail tomorrow to be delivered to me, which I am so excited about, but I don't know how I will open the N bottles. I know there is a video on YouTube about how to open them, but I can't see well enough to see what he is doing in the video.

So, I need advice on how to open the bottles when you really can't see shit, haha! I don't want to accidentally break them in the process of trying to open them.

Any suggestions of what I can use to pry off the lids and seals would be awesome!

Love always,

Cupcake

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Dead Meat
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Do you know if it's coming in a bottle or package? A lot of chemical or medicinal bottles have a child protection so you have to press down as you turn them.

How will you reliably weigh it with impaired vision? You are very brave.

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Maybe it would be easier for use to use a syringe to get it out of the bottle?

A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Jesus..

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
It is quite tricky to open, even with full vision. The sanitary seal on those bottles is metal and I've cut myself opening them plenty of times (opening other medicine bottles with the same seal).

The easiest way I found to do that is, first, flip of the cap. What you will have left is a metal edge covering a rubber stopper. The tricky part is removing that metal edge. What I would do then is take a pointy knife (or manicure scissors) and start pressing the sharp side of it towards the metal from the inner side of the edge. A similar motion to scraping, I would say. After some time, the metal edge "opens" and you can carefully remove it (not touching the edges, since it's easy to cut yourself). The rubber stopper can then be easily popped out.

Not sure if that helps in addition to the youtube videos.

But as @RedHarlequin mentioned above, perhaps getting a big syringe would be much safer and easier.

Reactions: Wrennie
C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
It is quite tricky to open, even with full vision. The sanitary seal on those bottles is metal and I've cut myself opening them plenty of times (opening other medicine bottles with the same seal).

The easiest way I found to do that is, first, flip of the cap. What you will have left is a metal edge covering a rubber stopper. The tricky part is removing that metal edge. What I would do then is take a pointy knife (or manicure scissors) and start pressing the sharp side of it towards the metal from the inner side of the edge. A similar motion to scraping, I would say. After some time, the metal edge "opens" and you can carefully remove it (not touching the edges, since it's easy to cut yourself). The rubber stopper can then be easily popped out.

Not sure if that helps in addition to the youtube videos.

But as @RedHarlequin mentioned above, perhaps getting a big syringe would be much safer and easier.
Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply. It sounds tricky, but I'm going to just hope for the best.

To answer another member's question, the N is coming in two sealed glass bottles. They are WAY more than child-proofed, they are everything-proofed, haha, because the manufacturers don't want just anyone to open them. So yeah, I'll be kept on my toes opening them, for sure.

I don't think the syringe idea will work. I don't know how to use needles. Plus, it would take hours to get all the liquid out of the bottles, I'm sure. Thanks for the thought, though. You guys are all amazing!

Love always,

Cupcake
Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply. It sounds tricky, but I'm going to just hope for the best.

To answer another member's question, the N is coming in two sealed glass bottles. They are WAY more than child-proofed, they are everything-proofed, haha, because the manufacturers don't want just anyone to open them. So yeah, I'll be kept on my toes opening them, for sure.

I don't think the syringe idea will work. I don't know how to use needles. Plus, it would take hours to get all the liquid out of the bottles, I'm sure. Thanks for the thought, though. You guys are all amazing!

Love always,

Cupcake
Oh @Hahabye, how did the guy in the YouTube video open the N bottle? Did you watch it? Did he open it the way in which you described by flipping off the cap and then scraping the metal off with a sharp knife or scissors? Or did he do something else?

I don't have enough sight to see how he opened it, and he didn't say how he opened it. I could just hear the liquid pouring into a glass, and he said a bit more, but he didn't actually talk about how he actually got it open.

Thanks, you rock!

Last edited:
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019

Love always,

Cupcake

Oh @Hahabye, how did the guy in the YouTube video open the N bottle? Did you watch it? Did he open it the way in which you described by flipping off the cap and then scraping the metal off with a sharp knife or scissors? Or did he do something else?

I don't have enough sight to see how he opened it, and he didn't say how he opened it. I could just hear the liquid pouring into a glass, and he said a bit more, but he didn't actually talk about how he actually got it open.

Thanks, you rock!
Regarding the syringe idea, they also come in sizes of 50ml, for example. So then emptying one bottle would only take a few draws. A needle is very simple to use since you only have to take it out of a package and push it onto a syringe. Then it is already ready to use.

However, if this idea does not sound good, I would be happy to tell you what he does in the video. I couldn't find that video on youtube, could you share a link?

C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
Regarding the syringe idea, they also come in sizes of 50ml, for example. So then emptying one bottle would only take a few draws. A needle is very simple to use since you only have to take it out of a package and push it onto a syringe. Then it is already ready to use.

However, if this idea does not sound good, I would be happy to tell you what he does in the video. I couldn't find that video on youtube, could you share a link?
Thank you for your replies.

I can't find the link anymore, but maybe the needle idea isn't so bad. I'll look into it.

Again, thank you. You rock!

Reactions: hahabye
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Thank you for your replies.

I can't find the link anymore, but maybe the needle idea isn't so bad. I'll look into it.

Again, thank you. You rock!
I think that might be a safer option. Needles have caps on them and everything, so it's not that easy to hurt yourself as with the aluminum cover on the bottle. Good luck! Happy to help

All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Get assistance from SS members via video? There was one who livestreamed his CTB attempt.