TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I don't know if it's only me but I seriously can't keep up with doing housework, chores, studies, keep myself in shape, have time for my hobbies and also have healthy sleep. Like I see these classmates who on top of that also work and they still have fulfilling lives and they don't seem stressed at all. Like... what kind of alien are you????
I always finish the housework in the morning around 1-3 am and I'm honestly sick of this. It's difficult to live alone and have to do everything yourself. Doing laundry, cooking and going grocery shopping are a pain in the ass these days with university going on. I don't know how to manage anymore. Today I finished extra late and I feel like exploding. I always have to sacrifice something because I simply can't do them all, be it a uni class, my sleep or not eating a cooked meal or whatever. I can't. I haven't worked out in over a month, I haven't slept 8 hours or more since satan knows when.

Idk how people can magically do all of these and still be fresh. Adulting sucks. Life sucks. I'm angry i'm gonna drink now.

• Hugs
Reactions: medjooled11, patheticpartner, Manaaja and 5 others
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I know what you mean. I don't manage. It manages me. I don't get shit done due to all of the shit going on. So yes I can relate but have nothing to offer in terms of fixing things. This is why we are here I guess. Good luck to you. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Hemlock, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
People say I'm strong for being able to "function" as "well" as I do. Truth is, I have a pretty thick mask and have no other options. Laundry has to get done because I have to have clean clothes for work and I have to work because otherwise I'll lose everything and be homeless

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Hemlock, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
One trick is eat food that doesn't need to be cooked and has little prep time. Get precut salad, throw some shredded cheese in, dressing. Done in like 2 mins. You can eat very healthy this way. Low fat cold cuts, low fat Greek yogurt, fat free shredded cheese. Find some frozen foods that are quick and healthy. I like these low carb low fat turkey sausage burritos. I don't spend more that 10mins a day preparing food. Protein shakes and bars are great to eat on the go too.

Clothes I wash once a week. Don't separate or any of that bs (except don't wash or dry towels with your clothes). All goes in one giant machine, and usually 2-3 dryers. That's about 90mins total, including traveling to and from the laundromat.

As far as sleeping, don't bank on getting 6-8 hours straight. Instead look for ways to sleep about 2-3 hours a couple times a day. It may not be consistent day to day, but you will be fine on 6 hours spread out. Same thing with working out. Don't expect it to be consistent, same time every day, you may need to adjust your plan for mare days, less time or vice versa.

Another thing- take as many night classes as you can. Day classes are generally a lot more work. Night classes are taught mostly by adjuncts who have day jobs. The classes are shorter and usually less work. I did about 80% of my college in night classes and worked during the day.

Basically look for ways to save a little time on a lot of things, and it adds up to a lot of time in total.

Reactions: patheticpartner, WrongPlaceWrongTime and TheHatedOne
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
One trick is eat food that doesn't need to be cooked and has little prep time. Get precut salad, throw some shredded cheese in, dressing. Done in like 2 mins. You can eat very healthy this way. Low fat cold cuts, low fat Greek yogurt, fat free shredded cheese. Find some frozen foods that are quick and healthy. I like these low carb low fat turkey sausage burritos. I don't spend more that 10mins a day preparing food. Protein shakes and bars are great to eat on the go too.

Clothes I wash once a week. Don't separate or any of that bs (except don't wash or dry towels with your clothes). All goes in one giant machine, and usually 2-3 dryers. That's about 90mins total, including traveling to and from the laundromat.

As far as sleeping, don't bank on getting 6-8 hours straight. Instead look for ways to sleep about 2-3 hours a couple times a day. It may not be consistent day to day, but you will be fine on 6 hours spread out. Same thing with working out. Don't expect it to be consistent, same time every day, you may need to adjust your plan for mare days, less time or vice versa.

Another thing- take as many night classes as you can. Day classes are generally a lot more work. Night classes are taught mostly by adjuncts who have day jobs. The classes are shorter and usually less work. I did about 80% of my college in night classes and worked during the day.

Basically look for ways to save a little time on a lot of things, and it adds up to a lot of time in total.
college is way different where i live. i only have daytyime classes and it's a ''set in stone'' schedule for 1 semester. cant do much about it.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I read lots of your posts and it always breaks my heart you have to deal with the same bullshit I do. I wish you didn't have so much on your plate, honestly.

Due to my disability, I am also constantly struggling with these trite "life maintenance" tasks too. My university schedule is unpredictable so I constantly have to scramble to find time to do chores when I'm not collapsed on my bed from exhaustion.

When I do cooking, I end up making loads of food. This may help you if you're okay with eating the same things for a few days, but I can often make my food last 3-4 days and whatever is leftover gets thrown in the freezer. Then I just cook another big meal and repeat, since the effort from cooking doesn't increase exponentially when you simply add a few more ingredients/quantity of them.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Hemlock, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would never be able to manage all that. Everything stresses me out, even doing small tasks. I have no energy and no will to live. I just feel tired all the time. I know people who have extremely productive lives and I think, that I could never be able to do that. I barely do anything. I find it frustrating that I have to exist in the first place and all I want is to fall asleep and never wake again.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and TheHatedOne
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I don't know if it's only me but I seriously can't keep up with doing housework, chores, studies, keep myself in shape, have time for my hobbies and also have healthy sleep. Like I see these classmates who on top of that also work and they still have fulfilling lives and they don't seem stressed at all. Like... what kind of alien are you????
I always finish the housework in the morning around 1-3 am and I'm honestly sick of this. It's difficult to live alone and have to do everything yourself. Doing laundry, cooking and going grocery shopping are a pain in the ass these days with university going on. I don't know how to manage anymore. Today I finished extra late and I feel like exploding. I always have to sacrifice something because I simply can't do them all, be it a uni class, my sleep or not eating a cooked meal or whatever. I can't. I haven't worked out in over a month, I haven't slept 8 hours or more since satan knows when.

Idk how people can magically do all of these and still be fresh. Adulting sucks. Life sucks. I'm angry i'm gonna drink now.
Not sure where located, but consider online grocery delivery. Can set up repeat shopping list sometimes and click 'reorder' to reduce brain load and time spent travel to/from shop.

Maybe ready-made meals which cook in oven for 30 mins leaving time to shower/housework bit at a time. Slow cooker/crockpot good to put ingredients and leave to cook whilst at classes.

Reactions: patheticpartner and TheHatedOne
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't get anything out of marijuana or alcohol unfortunately so I can only cope through binge eating or binge watching…

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Garbage Person