D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
I have a yew plant (lethally poisonous, no antidote) and I'm ready to make tea with it, how do you make tea? Do you have to dry the leaves first before letting them sit in hot water for a few hours, or can you pluck fresh leaves and put them in the water immediately?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew, letmeseethedeath and 2 others
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
I thought I was the only one seeking for that method. Thanks for asking.

I've cut the leaves into thin pieces and have them stored in a glass jam jar. Now waiting for THE moment.

I have 67g undried, how about you?

Ps: I've already tried this method in the past but with much less material, less that 30g I think. Didnt work, but even with such dose, the symptons are kinda frightening, you need to be absolutely sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bluedew
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018

I've cut the leaves into thin pieces and have them stored in a glass jam jar. Now waiting for THE moment.

Ps: I've already tried this method in the past but with much less material, less that 30g I think. Didnt work, but even with such dose, the symptons are kinda frightening, you need to be absolutely sure.

Mmmm... 67 grams? I'd advise at least doubling that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
According to a scientific study, the lethal dose starts at 50g of dried leaves.

Yes, it's true. But that makes it the low end. If you want to improve your chances, it needs to be more.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018

I've plucked the leaves off the stems individually and have them laying spread out on a piece of foil in the closet to dry. Probably say I have two handfuls, I hope that is enough. I paid $77 for the plant. I intend to chop the leaves up more finely when they are ready to make the tea so that the taxine comes out better

I also tried previously but with seeds. I probably ate about 200 crushed seeds and experienced no symptoms. I wrote about the experience and why I thought it didn't work in a previous post

What symptoms did you experience that were so frightening?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew and Psilo
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
What symptoms did you experience that were so frightening?

Uncontrolled trembling, tachycardia (accelerated heart beating), first time I experienced something that intense, and the dose wasn't even lethal!

Other symptoms: pain on finger tips, dry mouth and throat, dizziness, but that was managable.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
You need upwards of 200 gs of needles and you have to isolate the taxine from them or else youll throw up the potion

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DetachedDreamer97
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
I actually experienced trembling a little and fast heart beat too, but I attributed that to just being nervous, though when I did experience those symptoms it was because I awoke suddenly to them so maybe it really was working. I managed to keep myself calm because they weren't painful and I told myself they weren't symptoms I had read about with the poisoning

Well shit, maybe I really was close to death, and now I'm angry I didn't take enough

Plan to let my leaves dry for a couple of days, then let them sit in hot water for a couple of hours before downing the tea at night in a park

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew and Psilo
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
You need upwards of 200 gs of needles and you have to isolate the taxine from them or else youll throw up the potion
That is definitely more than enough.
Making a tincture to isolate the taxines is a very meticulous process!
Well shit, maybe I really was close to death, and now I'm angry I didn't take enough
How much did you take?

D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
That is definitely more than enough.
Making a tincture to isolate the taxines is a very meticulous process!

How much did you take?

I ate about 200-250 crushed seeds spoonful by spoonful over the course of 2 hours, went to sleep, then woke up maybe 2 hours later with the symptoms

D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
So it has been almost 10 days since I plucked all the leaves off my yew plant (a cultivar variety of Taxus Baccata) and laid them out to dry in a closet. They don't really seem to be drying up all that much though. Should I let them dry for a lot longer, or would I still be able to make an effective tea with only semi dried leaves? Also I bought a measuring cup to see how much I have and I'd say I have roughly 1 cup of loose leaves, though if I push down on the bunch within the cup, more could be packed in. I'm thinking about buying a second plant to make sure I have enough leaves, but that would mean waiting around another two weeks. I guess I can delay longer to make sure my death can be assured, but I really am looking forward to death and I'm tired of delaying. I have the courage to down the poison because I did it before with the yew seeds, but I don't want this to be another failed attempt. I'm so ready to leave planet earth

So to recap, I have loosely 1 cup of leaves, is that enough? And the leaves don't seem to be all that dry, is that ok for making tea?

Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
I wish I knew more - but I read a few things,,,, seems that the wood and bark are also good../\

Watcher

Watcher

Student
Nov 17, 2018
Don't you considered ricino?? I think it's cheap and the lethal dose begins with one seed, if you research, you can find a video on how to make, or extract the main toxine from the seed, but it takes at least one week to complete the process. Here where I live, you can find lots of ricine plants/trees, but I read about it, and I think it is a painfully way, if you don't use just the main toxine, that looks like cocaine.

Last edited:
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
to recap, I have loosely 1 cup of leaves, is that enough? And the leaves don't seem to be all that dry, is that ok for making tea?

1 cup of leaves doesn't mean anything. You have to weight it, the minimum lethal dose is 50g of dried leaves, so expect at least 60 to 70g of fresh leaves.

Btw the leaves I picked are from a wild yew tree and I had them picked in january (perfect timing for max toxicity).

I wish I knew more - but I read a few things,,,, seems that the wood and bark are also good../\

Leaves have the most concentrated taxine content (especially in winter), after come the seeds.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew and Vaughn
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
I bought a scale and I have about 40g of semi-dried leaves, which I have left out to dry for about 3 weeks now since I plucked them off the plant.

I bought a second yew and it arrived today and I am going to pluck the leaves off, so I should have enough leaves now, assuming the minimum lethal dose is 50g

Will probably wait a few days until the weekend to make the tea so nobody gets suspicious of my absence

Hopefully I have enough and can finally leave earth

Reactions: Bluedew and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals