ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Little_Suzy and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Good question. Remind yourself that it's them and not you that has a problem. I don't think it's that easy to recover from.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ihatemyparents and unabletocope
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Fire them, then move on. Fire every therapist who isn't serving you! They don't own you. They act like they do, but they don't

If you fired them, they lose access to your medical record and you stop being their patient.

Report them to your insurance company so they don't get paid after you fire them! Make sure to note in your medical record why you fired them. Missed appointments, incorrect medications, incorrect diagnoses, abuse, ethical violations, etc.

If you find yourself in a psych ward, be good and do everything you can to get out as soon as possible. If you receive a welfare check, go outside and calmly tell the cops it's a misunderstanding. Tell the police you're not suicidal, don't need hospitalization, and to leave your property. Without permission, they cannot enter your house. When speaking with police outside, they tend to leave faster.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ihatemyparents, unabletocope and 1 other person
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I worked with a therapist through the pandemic who kept telling me to bury my issues, as opposed to letting me discuss them to some extent. When we got to the point where I called him out on it and told him he was suppressing me, he started to go on about how he had helped people who had been raped which in my mind seemed like he was trivialising my issues as well as someone elses issue. My response to this was to ask him what his success rate was and I got some random figure as a glib response. It's difficult to confront someone who is up their own arse but it can be done, I am seriously tempted to sue the guy on the basis of that kind of conduct but I probably am not able to

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ihatemyparents and Little_Suzy
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Fire them, then move on. Fire every therapist who isn't serving you! They don't own you. They act like they do, but they don't

If you fired them, they lose access to your medical record and you stop being their patient.

Report them to your insurance company so they don't get paid after you fire them! Make sure to note in your medical record why you fired them. Missed appointments, incorrect medications, incorrect diagnoses, abuse, ethical violations, etc.

If you find yourself in a psych ward, be good and do everything you can to get out as soon as possible. If you receive a welfare check, go outside and calmly tell the cops it's a misunderstanding. Tell the police you're not suicidal, don't need hospitalization, and to leave your property. Without permission, they cannot enter your house. When speaking with police outside, they tend to leave faster.
How does the check get affected? And does reporting the therapist mean you have the pay the fee?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
(The reply is specifically for therapy implying you've moved on, I only saw a psychiatrist for a short time so I don't know enough for healing from med abuse)

As for me, surprisingly enough exposure therapy of the topic on SaSu and r/therapyabuse* really helped me.

The first step is regonizing you were abused/traumatized and have peers to relate with, which considering how therapy is pushed mainstream makes is one of the more difficult things to find let alone accept from peers.

Not just 3 months ago just the public discussion of therapy made me physically start sobbing and unable to hide away in time. I was like this for almost 10 years now. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

But I guess the slow exposure of it and the rare ones that do help people I personally know has downgraded my fear from full blown emotional breakdown to a basic emotional overwhelm, which I can bottle in public and regulate at home.
And I feel empowered to discuss the fact I was, in fact, traumatized by someone who should of removed the trauma. If it can never be legally stated as "abuse", I know I was traumatized.

The worst part of it all is seriously healing from trauma or abuse without aid from a therapist ironically requires you to look at research from therapists on how to heal from trauma, which will, agonizingly enough, hurt, and I can't blame anyone who struggles or is unable to try. It's like a bartender hosting an AA.

I'm very sorry you were hurt by the people intending to help. This is far from easy and I really hope you find any information in this thread that can help you, even if it is not mine.

*Edit: r/therapyabuse went private because they're going through some drama. r/antipsychiatry is the next best one to visit.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ihatemyparents and mysadstuff
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
How does the check get affected? And does reporting the therapist mean you have the pay the fee?

i don't understand your first question.

Since most therapists schedule appointments in advance, notify the insurance company that you have fired them in case they bill you.

A therapist who misses an appointment or prescribes the wrong medication is not entitled to compensation.
If you have an unsatisfactory session with your therapist and decide to fire them, they should be compensated for that visit.

• Hugs
Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I don't visit therapists of any kind cuz my problems are my own, they're not their business. But if I had and the therapist were abusive, he would have find out pretty quickly that this is a bad idea. For starters, I'd infect all of his computers with an old virus that AV software catches easily but can't remove. Only a handful people in the world know how to get rid of it (I'm one of them). And that's just for warming up the field, so to speak. There are so many ways for me to abuse the therapist that he or she would lose their minds, if I get serious on the matter.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and ihatemyparents
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
(The reply is specifically for therapy implying you've moved on, I only saw a psychiatrist for a short time so I don't know enough for healing from med abuse)

As for me, surprisingly enough exposure therapy of the topic on SaSu and r/therapyabuse* really helped me.

The first step is regonizing you were abused/traumatized and have peers to relate with, which considering how therapy is pushed mainstream makes is one of the more difficult things to find let alone accept from peers.

Not just 3 months ago just the public discussion of therapy made me physically start sobbing and unable to hide away in time. I was like this for almost 10 years now. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

But I guess the slow exposure of it and the rare ones that do help people I personally know has downgraded my fear from full blown emotional breakdown to a basic emotional overwhelm, which I can bottle in public and regulate at home.
And I feel empowered to discuss the fact I was, in fact, traumatized by someone who should of removed the trauma. If it can never be legally stated as "abuse", I know I was traumatized.

The worst part of it all is seriously healing from trauma or abuse without aid from a therapist ironically requires you to look at research from therapists on how to heal from trauma, which will, agonizingly enough, hurt, and I can't blame anyone who struggles or is unable to try. It's like a bartender hosting an AA.

I'm very sorry you were hurt by the people intending to help. This is far from easy and I really hope you find any information in this thread that can help you, even if it is not mine.

*Edit: r/therapyabuse went private because they're going through some drama. r/antipsychiatry is the next best one to visit.
I'm so sorry for what you've been throughđź’”
R/antipsychiatry and r/therapyabuse have been my support recently since I found them!!! And I was wonderinh why r/therapyabuse didn't have new posts since 1 or 2 days ago and the page wouldn't load!! :0
Thank you for letting me know
I wosh you the best♡
I'm so sorry for what you've been throughđź’”
R/antipsychiatry and r/therapyabuse have been my support recently since I found them!!! And I was wonderinh why r/therapyabuse didn't have new posts since 1 or 2 days ago and the page wouldn't load!! :0
Thank you for letting me know
I wosh you the best♡
And yes I fire him since january and stopped taking meds!!

• Hugs