nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i was wondering how you guys earn money. im currently unable to work trying to get on disability but. god its hard being poor.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, Huntfish34, ribs for ryjo and 6 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I am a programmer, I work remotely because no one would hire me in a face-to-face job due to my disability and mental instability
So basically I'm a hikikomori with a job.

• Hugs
Reactions: Truth1234, damnatio memoriae, Huntfish34 and 11 others
exhaustedanonymous

exhaustedanonymous

everything that lives is gone to waste
Nov 14, 2022
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, AscendedBeing, johnotto and 3 others
valkyrie

valkyrie

Feb 11, 2023
I do some beermoney type stuff like online surveys and getting people to sign up to referral schemes

But mostly my regular 9-5

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, ribs for ryjo, AscendedBeing and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'm currently a mobile app programmer. It's better than carrying bricks, but worse than having an inheritance and devoting your time to personal projects.

• Hugs
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, Huntfish34, AscendedBeing and 3 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It's hard. I used to do programming but it was too stressful. I've been on disability for about 15-20 years. I'm trying to start a club night but I'm almost certainly going to make a loss on the first night. I can't handle a regular job, working for myself is the only option but the money is poor and the work hard

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, AscendedBeing, johnotto and 3 others
necrolatry

necrolatry

Spare me a tomorrow
Oct 15, 2022
Like a lot of others here I make money as a software developer. Probably one of the few occupations I can withstand. Not sure about your exact situation, but maybe eventually you can find something you can deal with. If nothing works then I hope the country you live in has some kind of help offerings that you can take advantage of.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Huntfish34, AscendedBeing and asterisk3
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
i just work as an administrator for some big company, its lame lol but it gets me in a couple hundred a week!! moving jobs soon enough though :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, ribs for ryjo and AscendedBeing
asterisk3

asterisk3

gone
Jan 5, 2023
i dont. am virtually NEETing but not really since im pushing myself to study programming and some other related software/fields.

studying is really hard when you want to die and don't care about being thrown in the streets since the subway station is right over there and so are some very much available tall places. but ive been "trying" (little success). im glad to see there are so many like me here, and it's to be expected when you think about it

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, touhoufan and AscendedBeing
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
im a cashier.

my best advice is working as a cashier at a mall…ime nowadays they are ultra dead so ur mostly standing around doing nothing, especially this time of year…only super busy times are around the holidays, even then it depends on what kind of store u work in.

the face-to-face isn't that bad because you're mostly just repeating a script over and over again.

• Hugs
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, Huntfish34, touhoufan and 1 other person
amijima

amijima

Feb 15, 2023
I repair electronics, mostly warranty stuff and audio related (speakers, turntables, headphones, overpriced amplifiers...)

The thing is, I'm the only one in this company doing repairs and basically no one knows what exactly I do. They know I repair stuff and that's about it.
So I could fix a device in 30 minutes, an do whatever for an hour and no one will care.

I'm alone in the lab and usually listen to music / podcasts all day.
Most days it's nice not having to deal with other people, though it gets quite lonely sometimes; no human interaction at work and none at home...
I see it as a necessity to afford a life I live for someone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, Huntfish34 and AscendedBeing
sleepydreamer

sleepydreamer

tired but hopeful
Feb 12, 2023
factory, boring stuff. contributes to a very big part of my un-wellbeing. it's been paying the bills since i graduated hs but it's eating at my mind and body. i've been drawing for years so i wanna start making money as a freelance illustrator to hopefully stop the wageslaving. i try to make music too but idk if i'll ever be able to make money out of it, if anything i need money to keep that going

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, ribs for ryjo, Bitterman1996 and 1 other person
mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
neetbux

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, sleepydreamer, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I dont. I leech off my mother.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and AscendedBeing
cassxtho

cassxtho

Deftones Fan
Nov 8, 2022
I do pizza delivery since I'm still in school.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Genuinely asking this, i have little to no motivation to make income sometimes 🫠 i guess it doesnt help that i dont have stable job lol

• Hugs
catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
Also programmer. Also remote.

• Hugs
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
I am a programmer, I work remotely because no one would hire me in a face-to-face job due to my disability and mental instability
Also programmer. Also remote.

Genuinely need help here, how do you guys find remote work? I can't apply for remote work locally in my country (it's unheard of) but most of the remote jobs are find require me to be on a specific country or time zone. How is it for you?

I've spent around an year seriously learning programming and it help a bit that I enjoyed the process despite my rising anhedonia. Tried my best to make my GitHub repo look decent. Of all the remote jobs I applied for I only got one response from a weird company I forgot I even applied to and they wanted me to build a fullstack eCommerce app. And they were very specific about the frameworks that I was supposed to use and the way in which some of the functionality had to be implemented. It was a red flag for me so I just kept applying elsewhere before I gave up when my university responsibilities started piling up.

I'm so desperate. I swear I learned so much despite the pressure I was facing in uni but now I feel like it's becoming a hobby. Nothing wrong with a hobby especially if it's fun sometimes but I'm desperate for money and I initially learned programming to be able to find work remotely. If you guys have any tips please help. Maybe I'm not aware of good sites that post remote jobs? What do I do? Getting a job locally is out of the question for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and throwawayyy
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I'm a carer in a old peoples home. It's hard work,but pays the bills. It also reminds me that I don't ever want to get that old. Id want putting down before I get into the state of some of the residents,just sat in their own piss and shit and not knowing what day of the week it is!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lukas19, Huntfish34, TapeMachine and 1 other person
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Ugh, I envy you.
If I could make the same money I make from my full time job by working from home, I wouldn't think twice. Being a hikikomori is a dream. Lock the door, shut the people out - bliss!

• Hugs
WellDefinedChin

WellDefinedChin

Jan 20, 2023
I clean sewers. I really want to change and become a high school teacher. Looks like a job where the work is it's own reward.

• Hugs
Reactions: lukas19 and Huntfish34
catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
Genuinely need help here, how do you guys find remote work? I can't apply for remote work locally in my country (it's unheard of) but most of the remote jobs are find require me to be on a specific country or time zone. How is it for you?

I can try to give advices, but no advices are universal for 9 billion people. It's actually difficult since a country "unheard of" would invalidate a lot of assumptions an advice might make.

I'd say if a company gives you an interview, do ask if they're willing to help you relocate to a different time zone, or any hardships. If they want you to work for them, they should be willing to support you all the way. The bar for a job in this case is actually not just "passing the interview", you're basically doing business with them, there are a lot of things that can happen.

Do send me a private message if you have questions, I'd be willing to answer them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, puppet_nihilist and katagiri83
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
i was wondering how you guys earn money. im currently unable to work trying to get on disability but. god its hard being poor.
Anytime I get (physical) money from someone to borrow stuff (This only happens like once every 3 months), I dont get a receipt and just take 90 cents to a dollar or so of the change.

If someone drops a few coins I hand it back to em and try and keep a penny to a quarter .

WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
IT Consultant for a reasonably big company. I can work from home 2 days of the week, rest of the days in the office. It pays well, but don't know how long I can hang on to it in my present mental state