allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Let's talk about it. I'm curious to see what everyone has to say.

Reactions: Ghost2211, not4us, MiseryLovesMyCompany and 2 others
Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
I force myself to do it, even tho I obviously don't want to. It's not fun and it sucks, but sht happens.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Metalhead, Meditation guide and 3 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
At the moment there is nothing interesting and enjoyable in my life. So if I have to do something I either don't do it or force myself to do it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, shush, Meditation guide and 6 others
Lunaloveflood

Lunaloveflood

Dec 27, 2019
I procrastinate until it's almost too late and that's why i'm a mess lol

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred, BPD Barbie, shush and 6 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Do you mean things like studying or working? I just do the bare minimum to survive

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Ghost2211, sadworld and 2 others
EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
I learned this:
When I have to do something I don't like or even hate, for example night shifts. I can decide:"Do I want to think the whole day about this and express my hate against this, but it won't change anything?". Or do I accept it as it is. I will occupy myself wih different things and simply ignore it and I am way more relaxed.
I get a way better feeling when I accept everything and don't fight it.
I found out that some problems weren't really problems, after I shifted my perception about them.

Some time ago I didn't fully understand it, but we really have the choice, how we think about everything.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred, allym101, GoodPersonEffed and 5 others
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
I learned this:
When I have to do something I don't like or even hate, for example night shifts. I can decide:"Do I want to think the whole day about this and express my hate against this, but it won't change anything?". Or do I accept it as it is. I will occupy myself wih different things and simply ignore it and I am way more relaxed.
I found out that some problems weren't really problems, after I shifted my perception about them.

Some time ago I didn't fully understand it, but we really have the choice, how we think about everything.
That's a good skill to have. I am gonna try it :wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred, Ghost2211, sadworld and 2 others
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Exactly! That's what I do as well. Although sometimes it becomes too late and I'm even more fucked...

• Hugs
Reactions: Lunaloveflood, dropdeadfred, Ghost2211 and 2 others
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
It's part and parcel of adult life. I've been working in a job I don't care for for the past 10 years and then some. It needs to be done, so I do it.
The trick is to find a few things you enjoy. I work to afford those.
I enjoy fine whiskies and ciders. I enjoy building model kits and painting miniatures. I enjoy trekking on my bicycle for weeks through Spain. All these things are afforded through a job I hate.
They're no longer enough though

Reactions: heliumornitrogen, MiseryLovesMyCompany and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I do things because tiny humans need me to do them or nobody will.

• Hugs
Reactions: less than, MiseryLovesMyCompany and GoodPersonEffed
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I learned this:

That's a really good way at looking at it, thanks for posting this :)

Reactions: Ghost2211
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
It used to be no problem to convince myself to do stuff I didn't find enjoyable, because I knew there were other activities that I did find enjoyable. But when you have to force yourself to do pretty much anything and everything, it's really hard to stay motivated.

Mooshi

Mooshi

Across space and across time, I will be there.
Jan 13, 2020
I force myself to do it and I do the bare minimum. I hate every second of it and it just ruins my day more then it probably already is.

Reactions: Metalhead
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Pretty much this, but because I've procrastinated for so long things just get even worse and I dig myself a bigger hole to try and climb out of.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lunaloveflood and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I really can't tbh, it's a big problem because I just lose my grip on simple tasks due to not caring about them

Zyntkalla

Zyntkalla

Welcome to hell on Earth
Aug 28, 2020
I usely do it for someone else, and what I mean by that is that I do cooking class, and I take the food home when I am done. And sometimes I don't eat the foodor I don'tlike it, and then I give the food to my parents ,and brother. And I also think how other people would feel if I took out my anger out on them.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I exhaust all the interesting and enjoyable things left to do in my life first. Then if I get bored enough, I might eventually choose to do something I would normally have to be forced to do.