G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
Knowing that my suicide can create a ripple effect makes me feel so guilty. On the other hand sometimes I also feel like if people around me really cared about me then I wouldn't ctb to begin with, my parents were never really available for me during my childhood, mom used to be verbally abusive, I kinda hate my parents for my lonely childhood, so even if me ctbing would hurt them, I don't really care.

There's a cousin of mine who is depressed as well, if I take my life then I'm afraid he might get motivated to do the same. That's not to say that I'm against him committing suicide but I'm afraid of how much pain will be caused to those who are left behind us

• Hugs
Reactions: swaraj, SaltySuh and Forever Sleep
S

SaltySuh

Aug 12, 2023
I don't know. I don't think I've ever truly felt guilt for anything in my life after age 13. Usually, I l feign feeling guilty or remorseful. I only do this to continue to get stuff from others. I may or may not have done drugs, stolen stuff, cheated in school, and attempted suicide before. I will not confirm or deny whether I have or have not engaged in any activity contrary to laws of my country.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not obligated to continue enduring this existence I was cruelly burdened with and whatever would happen in this world after I'm gone would never be my concern as I simply won't exist, death is the most normal thing after all, I just hate how suicide is purposely made so difficult and inaccessible. If other people don't wish to deal with loss then they shouldn't have forced life into this dreadful world in the first place.

Reactions: Lumina and GiftedCabbie
isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
I always try not to think about it. When the day comes (so in like 2-3 days) I'm just going to try to speedrun it before I can't not think about it anymore. And even if that doesn't work, I'll say "it is what it is" and still try.

jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I can't deal with it. It's keeping me trapped into living.

Reactions: MelancholicMundane
G

GiftedCabbie

Jul 18, 2023
I'm not obligated to continue enduring this existence I was cruelly burdened with and whatever would happen in this world after I'm gone would never be my concern as I simply won't exist, death is the most normal thing after all, I just hate how suicide is purposely made so difficult and inaccessible. If other people don't wish to deal with loss then they shouldn't have forced life into this dreadful world in the first place.
So wonderfully put. That's exactly how I feel.

G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
This is a big part of why I haven't ctb'ed yet. I'm poor socially so I have few friends and the ones I do have barely contact me or I believe see me more as a good acquaintance so they'll probably never find out. I have my family and a wonderful partner who I love and it would hurt them and that thought has kept me here for decades. But I'm emotional threadbare at this point and even my love for them is being overwhelmed by this emptiness and hopelessness.

L

lonelyAusM51

Aug 15, 2023
I actually hope the people who supposedly loved me do feel guilty when I do CTB....I have given them everything and I have now been discarded like trash but maybe the money I leave behind will ease that guilt??

Bunni'sLullaby

Bunni'sLullaby

iterum occurremus ultra saturni circulis
Dec 3, 2023
@GiftedCabbie

As someone experiencing the desire to CBT: I feel so guilty for wanting to CBT. My husband did, so I feel my choice of doing so has only become diminished exponentially. I feel terrible for wanting to put myself out of my misery (because who else is going to do it at this point), but I am terrible of feeling absolutely miserable every day. I consider death, in some way, it seems, every day.

As a suicide loss survivor: There are so many unbearable feelings that go along with this kind of loss (which makes it more complex to want to CBT). There is grief, feelings of rejection/abandonment, fear, anxiety, shame, guilt, self-blame, anger, depression, and so on that are unique to any other kinds of loss--even those of other violent methods. You never recover. You never "get over it." There is so much stigma surrounding the issue, so much alienation. You don't know how to survive, and every day feels like a battle never imagined.

As a logical researcher in the field of suicidology, emotions aside: the idea of mass/repeat CBT is not as common as it may seem. It typically involves more shared environment, personal genetics/experience. The issue of CBT is complex; it does not entail a single issue but a multitude. Typically, the person who has CBT has experienced some kind of familial or personal crisis (given culture) that has compiled over time or reportedly right before CBT'ing. If you are worried about your cousin, the exposure to CBT will put her/him at an increased risk of considering/desiring/attempting/completing CBT themselves, but this does not necessarily confirm they will do it. Let them know how you feel (not only about yourself, but them). It is a myth that mentioning it to someone feeling such a way will only increase the desire--talking about it actually decreases it. I would encourage you to speak out about your feelings, listen to those who feel the same. While not necessarily physically, it can decrease thwarted burdensomeness and increase a feeling of belongingness (i.e., IPT theory of CBT or motivational-volational theory).

Last edited: