demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
One of my main problems is lack of energy.

I can barely stay sitting up for more than a few minutes or a few hours unless I'm really focused on something like gaming and even then I feel the urge to lay down in bed and take a break because I'm so tired, physically and mentally I can't muster up the energy. And then I'll fall asleep for several hours and wake up at night.

I've tried to explain it to therapists and psychiatrists before how painful this is to me but they don't understand or in the case of psychiatrists just prescribed me medications that further zapped my energy and made me sleep even more.

It's too painful living like this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, Fragile, newave3 and 11 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Don't know if this will help, but I pull my bed apart when I get up so that it's less of an attraction and I have to spend time making it again before I can use it. Not always successful, but could be worth a try.

Reactions: newave3
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
My dog wakes me up I'm the morning by pulling the duvet off me and demanding to be let out for his morning wee wee! Bless him :-)

• Yay!
Reactions: mediocre, MyBrokenBrain, newave3 and 6 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I know how the physical and mental exhaustion makes it difficult to simply exist, much less function.

What I do is allow myself to take as many breaks as I need throughout the day. When I lack motivation/energy to finish a task, I remind myself that once I get through it, I can rest.

I don't fight it anymore and instead just try to do what I can with the small amounts of energy I have. I know it's not an actual solution, but that's how I get through each day.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, FuneralCry and demuic
Chesswiz2002

Chesswiz2002

Jan 24, 2021
I'm sorry about that. From what you described, it looks like you maybe suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or narcolepsy. There are meds out there that help these conditions (like amphetamines and other stimulants) so you might want to get diagnosed.

Reactions: demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, I know how hard that is. I literally force myself to go outside for a bit each day and I think having that routine and a small goal helps me get out of bed and If I am outside then I cannot physically lie down. I do have trouble sitting up all day, my body just feels so heavy and existing is tiring.

Reactions: persimmontea, newave3 and demuic
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
coffee helps me.

Reactions: newave3 and Skathon
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I suffered from lack of energy for almost 3 years and had become a NEET.
Depression loves draining your vitality.

The only way to get productive and do stuff is starting from baby steps to giant strides.

I had started taking a shower and cleaning up my room everyday until it became a routine and easy to do and then. I tried to do "harder" stuff such as reading a book, go for a walk, etc.

Now, I'm even capable of working and studying japanese!

Mind you. depression and suicidal thoughts will probably never go away and you'll want to be in bed and never get out of there again. You just gotta realize that doing nothing will only make things worse as long as you don't ctb because if we're alive, we should be trying to live instead of crying in a bed and thinking about death 24/7.

Easier said than done, of course. It took me 3 years to understand it, after all.

Wish you the best, my friend.

Hugs,

Matt

Reactions: mediocre and demuic
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I reluctantly drag myself out of bed, and from then on the autopilot mode is engaged until I go to bed again in the evening.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I would recommend chronic migraines, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases; they always assist me in remaining awake. I have a rather comfortable chair. I also regularly consume caffeine.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and newave3
persimmontea

persimmontea

May 26, 2021
Changing out of pajamas helps me tremendously. Getting something to eat, even if it's small helps the brain switch out of sleepy depression mode. Tidying things, taking the trash out and putting dirty clothes away are a couple of easy steps you can take to wake yourself up and get moving.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I dont particularly want to, but I do because it's basic instinct I suppose. If I could then I would sleep all day.

PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
One of my main problems is lack of energy.

I can barely stay sitting up for more than a few minutes or a few hours unless I'm really focused on something like gaming and even then I feel the urge to lay down in bed and take a break because I'm so tired, physically and mentally I can't muster up the energy. And then I'll fall asleep for several hours and wake up at night.

I've tried to explain it to therapists and psychiatrists before how painful this is to me but they don't understand or in the case of psychiatrists just prescribed me medications that further zapped my energy and made me sleep even more.

It's too painful living like this.
When I can't find a way out for my life cannot get out of bed for days till I recover hope or think of a way
I'm in bed right now... I:'ve been for days... I mean, I' m trough a stage where I cannot see a way out, so since my life seems with no solution, I can do anything, it doesn't make sense for me and have no energy and don't want to have energy just to make the fucking stupid things everyday.. I'm not fucking getting out of bed till I have reasons
Can't '

Last edited:
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I eat half a kilo of peanuts before I go to bed and then have to shit at least 3 times in the morning. Even if I hold it in, I'm afraid to fart. The fear wakes me up. Once, I shit my bed.

Also, insomnia does help.

• Wow
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics