greyback330

greyback330

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Hi
i'm from a Muslim background
i really want to ctb although it's hard to find a peaceful way here where i live (like SN)
i'm a bit afraid of what's next the stories i've heard about after death and ctbing is one of the greatest sins in Islam.
and how muslim people look at the one who ctbs.
what's in your mind about what's after death ?

• Aww..
Reactions: WritingLove and puppy9
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Personally I believe there is nothing after death. When you die, you die, that's it. I'm comfortable with the thought of that.

Reactions: WritingLove and Worthless_nobody
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
what's after death ?
If i knew the answer to that i would have made a choice between life and death long ago,problem is i don't know what's after death ,i guess no one does, the only way to know is to die and experience it yourself, what's after death is something we will never know unless we die , i guess its one of the greatest secrets of the universe, and just imagine if we somehow find this secret, then we would be enlightened !

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm agnostic so conveniently that means I don't have to know what happens.

Reactions: Isitmytime and puppy9
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
If you read books about NDEs people seem to report meeting God or some sort of angelic being, and they generally describe the being as incredibly loving and non-judgemental. Some of these NDEs occurred during suicide attempts and they report similar things.

So I wonder if what these organized religions are saying about the afterlife is really accurate.

I ordered this book to hopefully learn more on the subject, but it hasn't arrived yet:
Suicide: What Really Happens in the Afterlife? by Jon Klimo

Reactions: EmptyManForever, greyback330 and Meditation guide
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not really a religious person. I have some tiny ingrained fears in the back of my mind just from growing up in a church heavy area, but it's not really anything I really give much thought to. It doesn't affect my decision in any way.

I find near death experiences to be fascinating, but I don't think they're really glimpses into the afterlife. Probably chemicals released as the brain dies. But it's interesting how similar most stories are. I think death is more of a nothingness. Like being put under for surgery, but without the waking part.

Last edited:
Reactions: greyback330
greyback330

greyback330

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Yeah I have this fear too. Munkar Nakir will ask questions in Bazarkh, if you got it wrong a painful punishment will be administered till Qeyamah. Only your ibadah will help you to answer the question. If you got it right, you'll have a peaceful sleep till judgement day. I still have this fear till now and it feels so real to me. Maybe due to my childhood indoctrination.

I don't understand why suicide bombing is right (shahid), and suicide to ease our suffering is wrong (sin).

It's one of the greatest sin in Islam, it's greater than murder.

"He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire." (Bukhari, Janaiz 84)

But in Islam as a Muslim, you'll be burn in hell and after the punishment is settle; you'll be able to gain access to Jannah. So there's a chance of Jannah if you're a Muslim.

All the above still feel so real to me. :'(
i don't know if you're joking at me or not but yeah it's all related to my childhood i'm not very muslim, i didn't pray for like months but eh i'm still worried about this. (even tho i tried to ctb yesterday and it didn't work ).