T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
From time to time, I meet people who have everything in life: family, money, friends, look, happiness, have experienced very little suffering. Talking to them makes me feel very suicidal, especially with those who are born with these things. It's hard to accept how opposite my life and theirs are, just because we are born in different circumstances. I will never be able to live a carefree life like they do. It's painful to accept that some people are so fortunate.

How do you feel about people like these?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: nopointofliving, Élégie, LastFlowers and 7 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Consumed by jealousy and rage. That's how people like that always make me feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake, Trannydiary, demuic and 1 other person
HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Jul 6, 2020
I feel extremely bitter, angry and jealous, but tbh, the people who have it good in life usually also severely lack empathy and live their life in denial refusing to see the real state of the world.

If all this horror didn't happen to me it would just be someone else instead of me. This world is such a cruel place and i know for sure i couldnt enjoy life knowing that there are people right at this moment going through rape, torture etc.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Imgonnadie, Deleted member 22624 and 3 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm envious, I wish I could be okay with my life and live happily, looking forward to the next day etc..

Reactions: Trannydiary and Amumu
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Happy for them, they didn't choose to be born into wealth/healthy bodies, and neither is their fault that I have this life. It's also nice to see that some people can actually enjoy this existence, even if I'm not a part that happiness.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Trannydiary, AMorteVivente and 5 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I don't really care. I don't know what they are feeling internally, and it has no bearing on my experience. If they are truly happy then good for them.

Reactions: Cannedbones, Miss_Takes, Shadowrider and 7 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Envy is a natural feeling. I envy some people, but not sickly.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowrider and Fragile
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
All it takes is one negative thing to throw everything out of whack so I'm indifferent to them.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624, demuic and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
No one has everything in life. It's human nature to always want more. I'm not jealous of what anyone else has though. I suppose I'm indifferent to it if anything.

Reactions: melancholy_lily, Miss_Takes, NodusTollens and 3 others
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i say good for them. other's happiness doesn't cause my misery

• Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Shadowrider, quicksand and 5 others
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Good for them. Some people are lucky for being born in a golden cradle, others not. That's life.

Reactions: Miss_Takes and Fragile
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm glad there are people who are happy with their lives. I know quite a few people like this who have lives they are happy with - it makes their struggles easier to go through. I think it gives them hope which is the key. I'm glad there are people who don't feel the way I do. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I don't have the energy anymore to be envious of them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Deleted member 22624, DrWh033 and 1 other person
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
I feel extremely bitter, angry and jealous, but tbh, the people who have it good in life usually also severely lack empathy and live their life in denial refusing to see the real state of the world.

If all this horror didn't happen to me it would just be someone else instead of me. This world is such a cruel place and i know for sure i couldnt enjoy life knowing that there are people right at this moment going through rape, torture etc.
You wouldn't know because you would be too busy enjoying life.
If - as you are saying yourself - feel bitter angry and envious towards people that never harmed you, I am pretty sure your empathy and compassion would be even lower than those who you accuse of.

I am fine and feel good for them. At least some are enjoying life. Yes life is unfair. We know that. We are not 8 years old. Others' happiness is not the cause of my misery.

• Hmph!
Reactions: LastFlowers and Miss_Takes
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I don't trust the surface of what most people call success. If they are really doing great in life and are smart - i like such people. But they are so rare. In modern sociaty money is put as absolute success. It's not wrong, but it's simply incomplete. I do care what kind of person you are, no matter the money, no matter my interests with you. If you are and idiot, if you gonna use me, betray me or hurt me - no matter the size of your "success" you should stay the f*ck away from me, bacause everything is so fragile. Just like my nerves too.
And everytime someone puts out success of others - my mind puts what had to be done to go there. Most people don't get this point.

• Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Shadowrider and demuic
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
I try not to think about it. If someone's successful, that's their life, not mine. I have no right to be enraged by it, and I shouldn't be sad about it. Because my life was and will never be like theirs. There is no use in yearning for something you cannot have.

I would actually never give up my life for one of success. Suffering has made me more empathetic. I'm a kind person now. I want to see more hope in this world while I'm still here, and I hope my kindness will help create that.
If - as you are saying yourself - feel bitter angry and envious towards people that never harmed you, I am pretty sure your empathy and compassion would be even lower than those who you accuse of.
Jealousy/envy does not indicate low empathy and compassion. It's a natural human emotion. It can't be helped, at least not until enlightenment comes along. Having made less progress towards that does not automatically make one a callous person. It is incredibly difficult to let go of human desires.

• Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes and Shadowrider
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I kinda admire them because they're really lucky (and worked hard) but also I remember that many famous and rich people who have everything also ctb so, depression is a b**ch no matter what you have.

Reactions: Miss_Takes, rosedavinci and kohaku
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
All it takes is one negative thing to throw everything out of whack so I'm indifferent to them.
I feel as though I'm looking in the mirror (except good looks lol)
I had all the above and white picket fence. Now it's all gone.

HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Jul 6, 2020
You wouldn't know because you would be too busy enjoying life.

I am fine and feel good for them. At least some are enjoying life. Yes life is unfair. We know that. We are not 8 years old. Others' happiness is not the cause of my misery.

Yes i do feel they (society) have harmed me by their neglect. If i somehow got healed i know i couldnt be happy or enjoy life when i see the destruction of this planet and destruction of nature and all the suffering caused by those who are doing 'better' in life by using others for their own benefit. And doing nothing to help those those who are less fortunste or suffering.

Edit. Also i do feel jealous towards people who have loving families etc. if that makes me a monster so be it. i wouldn't switch lives with non traumatized people because i wouldn't want to live in denial either.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Shadowrider and demuic
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
What we see as success in others is relative. Some people might think you have everything. With more money comes bigger losses and more debt, good looks fade. I think I've got quite a good life on the surface but my thoughts plague me and destroy me from the inside. On the face of it meghan and prince Harry have it all but you scratch the surface and his messed up upbringing has ruined his life. Envy is such a waste of time....the grass ain't always greener on the other side of the fence

Reactions: Miss_Takes, Deleted member 22624 and paininme
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I'm on the flip side of this looking in I have everything, loving family, make good money, popular, always had attention etc but inside I am desperately desperately unhappy even with all the blessings I have had in life I'm still painfully broken

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Deleted member 22624 and NumbItAll
ninaevol

ninaevol

Aug 2, 2018
From time to time, I meet people who have everything in life: family, money, friends, look, happiness, have experienced very little suffering. Talking to them makes me feel very suicidal, especially with those who are born with these things. It's hard to accept how opposite my life and theirs are, just because we are born in different circumstances. I will never be able to live a carefree life like they do. It's painful to accept that some people are so fortunate.

How do you feel about people like these?
Quite envious. I had to cut contact with my incredibly emotionally abusive Muslim family. There was no such thing as boundaries or privacy. We were poor and were still struggling. I was forced into a mold and was always discouraged from having an identity of my own. Whenever I see people with loving families, especially when they gather during holidays or special events.. it kills me. I always wanted that.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and Miss_Takes
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
They don't have immortality along with it or the assurance that they'll maintain what they have. So I feel good :devil:

• Wow
Reactions: AMorteVivente
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
—shrugs—I don't dislike them inherently, my personal thoughts depend on how they treat others of lower SES (socioeconomic status) &how disconnected they are from the struggle of others .

Reactions: LastFlowers, Miss_Takes, NumbItAll and 1 other person
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
If they're happy, I'm happy for them. Unless they're shitty about it. Some people who seemingly have coasted through life never seem to develop humility and compassion like those who have struggled.

I do slightly envy people to whom socializing comes easy though. But again, if they aren't shitty about it, I'm not bitter. As an example, my ex was highly extroverted and had no problem making friends. But she could be quite nasty, and very selective in who she treated well and when. She was quick to judge people and talk shit about them behind their back. One example of that is when she joined me to a Christmas party. At dinner, we sat next to a friend of mine and his girlfriend. After we had left, she started talking shit about them both, calling his girlfriend a "stuck up bitch" even though they'd never exchanged a word. And then she began making fun of people's looks. She even did shit like this with her own friends at times. I think this is one instance where I've felt like someone doesn't deserve what they have.

Reactions: Miss_Takes
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Mm, I guess I get a bit jealous. It would make life a bit easier to have more money, nicer things, whatever. But just because they "have it all" doesn't mean that they're content with their lives or themselves. They can still be living a very empty and meaningless life.

Plus, when we all die we can't take our stuff with us, ya know? In the end it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Miss_Takes
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
Don't bother anymore. I gave up on people a long time ago anyways.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
The Buddha taught that existence is suffering. Remember, the Buddha was once a wealthy prince who had all the things you mention. It brought him no happiness when he saw how everyone suffers and dies.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
I used to feel extremely envious, and I'd despise people like this for having everything I'd ever wanted when I felt I had nothing. And for a while I'd wish that they would feel how i felt just for a day so they knew how lucky they are to have what they have.

But over time I learned that having all of those things won't necessarily make you happy, and if they are happy then that's great. Nobody should feel the pain that we do daily, so if they actually enjoy their lives then im happy for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes and Shadowrider