SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Idk if it's just me but I get a feeling of being "challenged" when someone is eye fucking me constantly. How do you all feel when someone stares you down? It's like a natural reaction for me... just had someone flick us off and I got out ready to fight. I know that's not "okay" but in the moment it doesn't matter what is okay and what isn't. I need help to calm down in those moments, otherwise I'm sure prison will come one day :(

• Hugs
Reactions: waived, Wolfjob_dayjob, Despondent and 2 others
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Carry on your business and shrug them off. Keep doing you.

Pick your nose, widen your eyes, and stare harder.

This reminds me off an uppity biatch who stared at me when I was talking loudly so I could be heard. Mind ya biznezz and could I get my face back??

It's hella annoying.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, Oyoy and SuiSqueeze92
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Change the story.

Redefine that behavior to something other than a challenge or aggressiveness.

Maybe you have a symbol that relates, like them lighting a fuse. Figure out the symbols and replace them with ones that serve your goals, something that reflects you're already in power, and that they have no power over you. Maybe they're a hornet, shrink them down to a tiny insect that has no effect, or into a totally different, neutral object that has no impact on you at all. Maybe they're someone from the past who had power, you can go back into the past situation and change it, such as growing ridiculously huge if someone was bullying you and telling them they don't have the right or the power, and it's by your mercy that you don't crush them, and they back off. Play around with your imagination, you'll figure out what works for you.

You can also think about the behavior and your reaction when you're at home or another safe space and do TAT.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and SuiSqueeze92
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Stare back at them O.O

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, RileyTanaka, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Change the story.

Redefine that behavior to something other than a challenge or aggressiveness.

Maybe you have a symbol that relates, like them lighting a fuse. Figure out the symbols and replace them with ones that serve your goals, something that reflects you're already in power, and that they have no power over you. Maybe they're a hornet, shrink them down to a tiny insect that has no effect, or into a totally different, neutral object that has no impact on you at all. Maybe they're someone from the past who had power, you can go back into the past situation and change it, such as growing ridiculously huge if someone was bullying you and telling them they don't have the right or the power, and it's by your mercy that you don't crush them, and they back off. Play around with your imagination, you'll figure out what works for you.

You can also think about the behavior and your reaction when you're at home or another safe space and do TAT.

It truly is easier said than done though. It's automatic is the problem. I may react and then change my mind but I still initially acted on it with aggressiveness and showed that I'm hostile. Idk how to interrupt those actions where I can quickly say NO DONT FUCKING DO IT. It's literally seconds of reaction, so I don't see how anything can help really.
Stare back at them O.O

I do lol. There's a guy named "Ron" that comes around with sunglasses and his corona mask. I feel he thinks he's "invisible"? and eye fucks the shit out of me. He's black so idk if he resents me because I'm white or what. I am 6'4" and big but I mean damn, I'm usually a teddy bear.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WeepingWillow, Wolfjob_dayjob and disabledandhopeless
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It truly is easier said than done though. It's automatic is the problem. I may react and then change my mind but I still initially acted on it with aggressiveness and showed that I'm hostile. Idk how to interrupt those actions where I can quickly say NO DONT FUCKING DO IT. It's literally seconds of reaction, so I don't see how anything can help really.

The stuff I'm recommending is what you can do when you're away from the situation, so that it doesn't have the same effect next time it happens. It's usually subtle, and may take doing but several times, then the situation comes up again and you find you're responding differently.

If it's automatic, then you don't have power. These methods will help you reclaim your power.

I think right now you're unconsciously clinging to something that rejects other ways of dealing. So maybe deal with that first. Perhaps you have an old message that tells you you're not in control of it, and at the time, that message served you, maybe saved you. But you're grown now, so whatever is stuck in the old situation needs to get caught up with how much you've grown, how capable you are.

You don't have to answer this except to yourself, and even then only if you choose to, but how old are you when you react to this trigger?

Don't be surprised if other shit comes up. I recommend you don't judge or resist it, but be the kind of person you needed, maybe supportive, understanding, accepting, and capable, etc. Sometimes when I deal with the shit my mom did, I step in and am there for myself in the ways I needed. Like when I saw something traumatic and she negated me, I step in and give myself the support I needed, because I'm capable of that as an adult and she wasn't.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Look at them and say what. Or point it out to whoever you're with. One or the other will work.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and your pathologist
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
The stuff I'm recommending is what you can do when you're away from the situation, so that it doesn't have the same effect next time it happens. It's usually subtle, and may take doing but several times, then the situation comes up again and you find you're responding differently.

If it's automatic, then you don't have power. These methods will help you reclaim your power.

I think right now you're unconsciously clinging to something that rejects other ways of dealing. So maybe deal with that first. Perhaps you have an old message that tells you you're not in control of it, and at the time, that message served you, maybe saved you. But you're grown now, so whatever is stuck in the old situation needs to get caught up with how much you've grown, how capable you are.

You don't have to answer this except to yourself, and even then only if you choose to, but how old are you when you react to this trigger?

Don't be surprised if other shit comes up. I recommend you don't judge or resist it, but be the kind of person you needed, maybe supportive, understanding, accepting, and capable, etc. Sometimes when I deal with the shit my mom did, I step in and am there for myself in the ways I needed. Like when I saw something traumatic and she negated me, I step in and give myself the support I needed, because I'm capable of that as an adult and she wasn't.

This is part of why I feel I'm also a sociopath /: I do all of what you're saying pretty much with my gf. Could never hurt her. But strangers? Fuck em. She see's me as this great guy but when I act out in public she's embarrassed, but I feel like I'm protecting her/us.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020

I do lol. There's a guy named "Ron" that comes around with sunglasses and his corona mask. I feel he thinks he's "invisible"? and eye fucks the shit out of me. He's black so idk if he resents me because I'm white or what. I am 6'4" and big but I mean damn, I'm usually a teddy bear.

You gotta open your eyes bigger than him. When he's going o.o at you, you go O.O at him.

Ok just kidding. If I'm in that situation I'll just stare at him for a little bit before walking away.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
You gotta open your eyes bigger than him. When he's going o.o at you, you go O.O at him.

Ok just kidding. If I'm in that situation I'll just stare at him for a little bit before walking away.

Lol that's just it though... I can't let it go. My gf tries to calm me down but I end up screaming looking like a lunatic in public, I don't give a fuck in that mode. Last time I was hospitalized I broke the glass that covers the board by punching it. They tried getting security but I lied about how it happened.

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Better than me. For the longest time I would put on my best face to strangers but to my partners I would be a Sassy McSassy pants. The more you practice shrugging people off, the more you can float by life more easier. I have no tips as I've been holding my tongue less lately.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I miss Klonopin lol I was "normal" then. Came off a high does of Xanax and Klonopin and since I've had a huge problem with my actions.

disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I don't give a fuck in that mode.
I can strongly relate to this though. When I'm in this mode I don't care about the consequences. It's just rage mode and I act like a crazy person. :aw: But I usually would take a step back to think about the consequences as I don't like too much trouble.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I can strongly relate to this though. When I'm in this mode I don't care about the consequences. It's just rage mode and I act like a crazy person. :aw: But I usually would take a step back to think about the consequences as I don't like too much trouble.

Pretty much the same. I just don't know what to do about it because it's like a whole different person takes over.

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless
Travis Pickle

Travis Pickle

Jan 24, 2020
Idk if it's just me but I get a feeling of being "challenged" when someone is eye fucking me constantly. How do you all feel when someone stares you down? It's like a natural reaction for me... just had someone flick us off and I got out ready to fight. I know that's not "okay" but in the moment it doesn't matter what is okay and what isn't. I need help to calm down in those moments, otherwise I'm sure prison will come one day :(
Simply smirk and act like you never even saw them.

your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
I used to challenge people.
Look directly at them and say
"Wow its weird being stared at for no reason"
And watch them look away awkwardly.
Fun times

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Travis Pickle and K-O
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
lol you big bear you xx
when you figure out that rage cure keep me posted yeah?.
that's also part of why i isolate.. im a fucking public hazard if buttons are pushed..
and lol at that guy-- hes got his sunglasses on ffs! his not eye raping you hes probably admiring your lips ..
:kiss:
who u tryin da get crayZ with eSe?!... dontcha no im locKo?!..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Oyoy and Travis Pickle
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I wink and smile and then blow a kiss :kiss:

• Love
Reactions: TacoBell, disabledandhopeless, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I hate confrontation and I feel super awkward with making eye contact with them anyways. I don't like it because I have a low self-esteem but I let them get away with it. I can't really stand up for myself and don't really use self-defense when I'm in these situations. This goes the same when people talk negatively about me -- they always get away with it even if I'm aware. It just silences me and my heart drops

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TacoBell, terry_a_davis and Wolfjob_dayjob
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Most of the time i'm like - "watch me do what i want, i'm not hiding".

• Love
Reactions: TacoBell and GoodPersonEffed
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
If it's a sunglasses situation there's no way you can out-stare someone who is staring at you with sunglasses on unless you also have sunglasses. If I'm being stared at by a stranger I'll often say 'hey, how's it going?' with a confident, neutral tone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TacoBell
TacoBell

TacoBell

May 18, 2020
Whenever someone stares at me, I get shy but then like all Fight or Flight but it's all just my eyes (if that makes sense LMAO)
My very RaTiOnAl brain when someone stares at me:
1. If I cannot stare this person down they will have sized me up as a target/victim. (And may proceed to attack...)
2. I MUST assert dominance.
but I feel like I'm protecting her/us.
If you're doing it to protect her/you then I don't think your a sociopath; clearly you're the (albeit maybe a bit awkward/ragey / overreacting) Knight in Shining Armor my dude
But hey
At least you got good intent

Last edited: