puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Just want to see other's feelings and perspectives on the matter. How do you guys feel about not mattering? I mean to compare ones individual worth to the world in its entirety. Because of how many people there are now and due to this explosion in population, an individual doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Feels like all we are doing now is competing to find a place in the world or to prove our value. And for those people not involved in the rat race, most of them feel like their life is an endless routine of meaningless tasks towards no particular end or goal. Multiply the meaningless routine by some thousand and you still wouldn't get how many people's lives are utterly devoid of concrete purpose. That's leaving aside how many people are condemned to fight various complicated life circumstances, also for no particular end goal or purpose. Just because they are trapped and have to fight because there's no other option but to try to survive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ringo, cyanol, Fwompje and 3 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Wat feel need peace mthod thatall, , terbl life concpt

Reactions: Fwompje and puppet_nihilist
P

pupsensua1

On the edge of life and death...
Feb 12, 2023
When I realized how meaningless I was in the world, I decided to do more things for myself. The people that are meaningful to you are the people who interact and hang around you constantly or change the course of your life, our own selves fit that. So I might be meaningless but at least I'm meaningless and eating ice cream, I mean enough to myself.

Reactions: Fwompje and puppet_nihilist
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
I've always been defining my sense of purpose through inaction. Like; "I'm good because I'm NOT doing X or Y when it would be so easy to do X or Y, or even Z!" Because everything else just feels like giving in to the system or to what's otherwise expected of you. They can try to control what I do, but they can't control what I'm NOT doing.

• Love
Reactions: Fwompje, puppet_nihilist and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I actually find comfort in the thought of how insignificant our lives are and how there isn't some kind of deeper meaning and purpose to life. I believe that this life is just an unfortunate consequence of evolution, where we are destined to return to nonexistence and this life won't even exist as a distant memory by this point.

I don't want to matter, I want to be forgotten about and the only relief lies in the fact that this will inevitably happen someday. The fact that life itself is meaningless could never be the problem, the problem lies in the endless amounts of suffering and torment that exists here, and it's certainly a problem how despite the fact that existing is useless and holds no value suicide is still this stigmatised. If life doesn't matter and is completely purposeless then denying people suicide method options could never be justified under any circumstances, the tragedy lies in the fact how this society still holds these pro life views for the most part.

• Love
Reactions: puppet_nihilist
M

mmoq13

dumbass
Mar 1, 2023
it feels awful to be worthless, the worst thing i didn't even want to be great just good enough, just acceptable but i can't achieve that even

• Hugs
Reactions: puppet_nihilist