Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I'm not religious but was raised, Christian. It wasn't too extreme, but I am gay and some of my family members have re-evaluated their faith and dove deeper into religion becoming more conservative and it was a big push in why I feel like I'm ctb soon.

While I still struggle with being able to accept that I can't control how my family and friends that actually care and accept me will handle it, I realized my best friends might not even feel welcomed to mourn at a funeral held for me because they are LGBT.
How can people hold a funeral, saying cliche shit about heaven and prayers or whatever when the person they're holding the funeral isn't religious and let religious views weigh them down and push them to ctb?
They're are plenty of LGBT people that have ctb because of their family religion, but I can't find much about what their families had to say afterward.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Worthless_nobody, grungeCat and 3 others
A

AJ.

I--;
May 19, 2020
First, it isn't my only reason to ctb(it is an outcome from main reason - humanity).
My only reason to write a final note is that I want my funeral to be secular. Sadly I am not sure if my will will be respected & for sure my family will say that my suicide is an outcome of abandoning Catholicism and "God's love", that I was manipulated; but I want not to give way to prudery and hipocrisy. I just want to be genuine.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have always found all flavors of religion to be money based and also alot of people that I have met through the years that were "religious" also believed being gay, or not believing what they did was wrong and I was going to hell. I do not believe in any form of organized religion. So I have through my 64 years on this planet believed that we are all the same, we are all have special talents and we all together make life complete. Just like the great global family here !

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Shadowrider, Worthless_nobody and 2 others
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
I used to worry about that, but not anymore. If I am dead, even cutting my flesh into pieces won't affect me. Everything that's going to happen after I die will have no effect on me.
So Idc.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I'll just put it straight in my suicide letter - I do not want to be buried at Christian (or belonging to any other religion) cemetery and I do not want a religious funeral. I expect it could turn out to be a trouble since in Poland almost every funeral is catholic. Nevertheless, I anticipate my family will respect my final wish. It's not like I would ever know if they did - believing so makes me just a little bit more calm.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and AJ.
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Religion has never really had much of a presence in my life aside from the fact that the school I went to was catholic. I would not want any kind of religion associated with my funeral but I won't be around so I don't really care.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Funerals aren't for the dead. Funerals are for the living.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for you.

BUT if I could decide what kind of funeral I had - I'd prefer a Satanic funeral. I'd want a pentagram to be drawn around my dead body, and I'd want them to invoke Satan, and request that my soul be sent to hell. I'd want there to be an antelope skull hanging on the wall, and for everybody to be wearing clown makeup. I want cannibalism to be involved.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Religious abuse, being touched inappropriately by religious leaders and being forced into a bigoted hate filled christian school where I was bullied as a child is one of my many reasons for ctb. I have blatantly asked for no funeral but if people are set on it then absolutely no christianity. But I can't control it..I'll be dead...I guess whatever brings my family some closure.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Shadowrider and (deleted member)
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
They can throw my body in a fucking dumpster for all I care. Funerals are a waste of money. Cremation ftw

Passerby

Passerby

Been a guest viewer on here for years
Jul 7, 2020
They can throw my body in a fucking dumpster for all I care. Funerals are a waste of money. Cremation ftw

They can throw my body in the same fucking dumpster too.