I

iloveloving

Aug 4, 2024
I think of death as peaceful.

I believe more in science than faith, and the thought of nothing will matter because everything now will no longer exist anymore, comforts me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, juna, Hollowman and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I just believe death to simply be nothingness, it's the permanent end to this terrible, torturous existence where one is finally unconscious for all eternity with all forgotten about for them. And for me personally this is all I wish for, I'd never wish for something as deeply undesirable as existence. In fact existence has caused me nothing but pain and all I find comfort in is never existing again, in an existence so cruel that just creates so much suffering the only relief for me certainly lies in death, I'd never wish to exist, I just want and hope for nothingness, all I wish is to never experience anything, in fact if it's up to me I'd choose to erase my existence so it's like I never existed at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: peaceandlove, sserafim, juna and 3 others
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
I think death is the end of everything. I don't believe in an afterlife because I don't believe in god. If god existed, and he loved us, he would never have been able to send us here to suffer continuously for decades. He would have found a better way. I'm very glad I don't believe in god as it means I have no fear of death. I don't fear death, it's life I fear. I fear failing at ctb attempts.
In my case I just believe death to simply be nothingness, it's the permanent end to this terrible, torturous existence where one is finally unconscious for all eternity with all forgotten about for them. And for me personally this is all I wish for, I'd never wish for something as deeply undesirable as existence. In fact existence has caused me nothing but pain and all I find comfort in is never existing again, in an existence so cruel that just creates so much suffering the only relief for me certainly lies in death, I'd never wish to exist, I just want and hope for nothingness, all I wish is to never experience anything, in fact if it's up to me I'd choose to erase my existence so it's like I never existed at all.
🤗

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, sserafim, Hollowman and 5 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Death is non-existence forever.

Non-existence forever means all problems solved instantly and forever, never a chance of any pain problems suffering happening ever again.

To me non-existence forever is the best thing by a trillion times : no pain, no problems, no suffering, no bad memories ever .

But it seems to me they have most people fearing Death or non-existence while at the same time wishing to live and worshipping life which can cause unending constant unbearable pain.

Life = All the horrors that have happened to us and that we have seen happen to other humans and sentient beings like the fact that almost every animal in the wild died tortured to Death by being eaten alive by other animals , parasites , bacteria etc.

Humans fare no better even now with the 100's of years of tech they stil most of them end up very old in nursing homes being tortutered by very old age dementia and many diseases that cause chronic pain. I worked in a nursing home and it's an unimaginable hell.

All the horrible things are in life / existence / consciousness. none of those things are in non-existence . that's why non-existence is the ultimate bliss

Human children don't understand Death that's it's permanent universal inevitable irriversible until around age 7-11 .
so obviously if human children at age 6 don't understand Death how is an animal like a dog or cat since they don't have the benefit of language and the human brain has been already trained for 6 years on language ? I really believe other animals don't know they are going to die. imo this is something that can only be conveyed through language. and imo most human adults don't really understand that they and we are all going to die. they could but they would need to work on understanding it really getting hit with it "i'm really going to die and not exist forever" to really understand their mortality

imo most human adults don't even understand they are going to die. otherwise why do they react like that when someone says they are going to commit suicide . It's illogical to be so against suicide since we are all going to die anyway. so they only way they could be so against suicide is that they don't understand that they the suicidal person and everyone is going to die anyway no matter what. They are so brainwashed they don't understand that first principle which is one of the most fundamental truths. Get this pro-lifers and normies It doesn't matter if i die today or in 5 years i'm going to die either way.

nothing matters. nothing matters except avoiding excruciating pain

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, iloveloving, Hollowman and 2 others
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
When I think about the word "death" I think the stereotypical cartoonish skeleton with a scythe, which is kind of cringe in my head. But if I think about death as as concept it's a whole different deal. What's death? It's nothing more than non-existence in the end. What's the big deal with that? It's just... Not existing. I would just not exist and that's it.

The word would continue to revolve and people would keep going on with their lives, the world doesn't revolve around me or depend on me at all so I have no issues with death.

What I feel towards it is: nothing. Death is nothing and I feel nothing about it. Just a status like the alive one I am currently in, that's about it for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: iloveloving, alltoomuch2, Zhendou and 1 other person
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
The most peaceful thing ever, I have always been fascinated by the idea of nothingness and complete disappearance, losing my consciousness forever with no return. It is the last resort and the revered savior. It is the opposite of existence, it is what all people are equal in (death and not the process of death because it can be peaceful for some and cruel for others).

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and iloveloving
Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
I feel comforted when I know that a relatively painless method is available to me. To me, death would be the ultimate freedom from what I'm suffering.
After death, I mostly believe in nonexistence in any way.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Bobert_Beniro and iloveloving
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
I think about it this way. I don't remember shit from when I was in my mother's belly. I don't even remember anything from when I was like one year old. So to me death is either just endless nothingness, or if there is any existence after death then my existence on this planet and that other existed are not connected in any way. It is just going back to not remembering shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and iloveloving
I

iloveloving

Aug 4, 2024
I think about it this way. I don't remember shit from when I was in my mother's belly. I don't even remember anything from when I was like one year old. So to me death is either just endless nothingness, or if there is any existence after death then my existence on this planet and that other existed are not connected in any way. It is just going back to not remembering shit.
I agree. This is another way of saying it!

• Love
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I don't believe in an afterlife. That said, I find the idea of nonexistence comforting.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, iloveloving and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm excited for it. The end of suffering and to be out of my meat suit

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Beyond_Repair and iloveloving
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
Scared but also excited. I hope it's not eternal nothing but if it is I won't be experiencing it.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and iloveloving
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
It's the only thing I look forward to.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I think of death as peaceful.

I believe more in science than faith, and the thought of nothing will matter because everything now will no longer exist anymore, comforts me.
To me CTB/death would be a way to escape my life if I need to. Otherwise? I guess it's something you rage against. Then again who is to say I haven't been.

• Hugs
Reactions: iloveloving
dagyu

dagyu

Aug 20, 2024
its the only thing i really need. waking up everyday is pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and iloveloving
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
We came from stardust and go back to it. I'm a staunch atheist and don't believe in an afterlife, even though it's a nice thought to think I would see my soulcat and multitude of close friends that passed away over the years, but that's just a fairy tale. Here's a quote from Lawrence M. Krauss, a theoretical physicist and cosmologist: Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren't created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: peaceandlove, divinemistress36, LifeQuitter and 2 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
look forward to. my death

• Hugs
I

iloveloving

Aug 4, 2024
We came from stardust and go back to it. I'm a staunch atheist and don't believe in an afterlife, even though it's a nice thought to think I would see my soulcat and multitude of close friends that passed away over the years, but that's just a fairy tale. Here's a quote from Lawrence M. Krauss, a theoretical physicist and cosmologist: Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: "You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren't created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."
Thank you for sharing this quote!

Reactions: divinemistress36, LifeQuitter and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I view death as an escape from this prison planet as well as an eternal slumber. Death would be like sleeping, only to never wake up again. Life is suffering, and death would be the cessation of any and all suffering. We only suffer because we are alive. Death is the end of everything. Dying in your sleep sounds like an ideal method. I just want to sleep forever tbh

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Hollowman, divinemistress36 and 2 others
peaceandlove

peaceandlove

Unwitting
Aug 31, 2024
It's unfathomable, I think, what it would be like to not have consciousness. I can't quite agree that it's "nothing," though. I don't think we cease to be, I think we decompose into many parts to be recycled. Could this human consciousness maybe be a necessary burden, for some reason far beyond our understanding, and when we die, the burden isn't removed but its parts recycled into consciousness which is passed on to the living? I can tell you that in my experience, I felt myself about to die and it was overwhelmingly peaceful (like I said, just my personal experience), but I have no memories of "being" dead. I guess how I feel about death is fascinated, curious (philosophical?). Maybe impatient, too. I've heard anger in a lot of the reasons people give for feeling suicidal. I'm very interested in what role anger plays in SI. 🤷‍♀️
It's unfathomable, I think, what it would be like to not have consciousness. I can't quite agree that it's "nothing," though. I don't think we cease to be, I think we decompose into many parts to be recycled. Could this human consciousness maybe be a necessary burden, for some reason far beyond our understanding, and when we die, the burden isn't removed but its parts recycled into consciousness which is passed on to the living? I can tell you that in my experience, I felt myself about to die and it was overwhelmingly peaceful (like I said, just my personal experience), but I have no memories of "being" dead. I guess how I feel about death is fascinated, curious (philosophical?). Maybe impatient, too. I've heard anger in a lot of the reasons people give for feeling suicidal. I'm very interested in what role anger plays in SI. 🤷‍♀️