B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
I need to start disconnecting from everyone if I'm going to successfully ctb in a couple months.

I'm WAYYYY too attached to people who don't even care for me.

Long story short: I thought my friend had died after a day of not responding to me because his last message was cryptic as hell and the kind of message you would see before someone offs themselves.

Or maybe not but he was depressed the last we talked and then his last message to me was "thanks for being here when no one else is".

It was only a day and I thought he died lol. I contacted a mutual friend to make sure he was okay and even tried going for another one of our friends/ his coworker until he eventually just messaged me saying he's fine and that he just needed a day.

Now I feel so stupid for worrying that much. I just have a history of losing my friends to death so instantly (and stupidly) my mind went there.

All I can think is that he probably thinks I'm insane and that our friends that I reached out to also most likely thinks I'm crazy because both of them haven't even replied to me.

It's so stupid but this added even MORE reasons to fucking ctb and now I really need to know how to emotionally stop caring for those I love ESPECIALLY since they don't even like me. (This isn't the only reason I think they all dislike me btw. It's just too much to get into rn).

How do some of you disconnect from people you're emotionally tied to? Please any advice will help.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AntHills, SenseOfLoss, dizzdesi and 3 others
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
It's honestly very hard removing those who you like/love from your life, it's very painful. I had to cut some people off like that. I noticed how bad of an impact both of us had on each other. To me it was better for them not to have me around just like it was better for me in a long run even if in that very moment I wanted them close.
I would simply start responding very dry; stop starting conversations; avoid answering when not needed. After some time they stop bothering (if they bothered to begin with).
Keeping yourself busy and reminding yourself why you do it helps. After some time you just get numb to it. But it's not easy at the start, it takes some time. 🫂

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AntHills and Bunny Beanie
YungWetto

YungWetto

Jun 1, 2023
Usually when I say what I think about my life and about CTB, they get scared and leave me.

There have been times when I've asked them to let me be depressed and stop calling me

• Hugs
Reactions: AntHills and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
There have been times when I've asked them to let me be depressed and stop calling me
Worse still, some people like family might get really pissed off at the idea that you don't feel like getting better yet or at all, and/or they simply cannot fathom the idea.

If I directly said as such to my parents who keep pressing me as to why I'm not doing much, that would be perceived as a direct severe insult toward them and I'd probably get kicked out. How ironic.

• Hugs
Reactions: AntHills, Bunny Beanie and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
It's honestly very hard removing those who you like/love from your life, it's very painful. I had to cut some people off like that. I noticed how bad of an impact both of us had on each other. To me it was better for them not to have me around just like it was better for me in a long run even if in that very moment I wanted them close.
I would simply start responding very dry; stop starting conversations; avoid answering when not needed. After some time they stop bothering (if the bothered to begin with).
Keeping yourself busy and reminding yourself why you do it helps. After some time you just get numb to it. But it's not easy at the start, it takes some time. 🫂
Thank you so much. I was being really dry with him until he told me he was getting really depressed and I just couldn't help but be there for him. As for the other ones I'm almost done disconnecting completely. He's just a bit harder because he went from a stranger to a close friend in 5 months. It is a routine for us to message each other daily. So when he didn't message me after being depressed, I irrationally thought he ctb. Dumb on my part because I most likely scared him off. Which I guess works! Easier to disconnect when someone hasn't been treating me that decently to begin with even tho he's my close friend, he shows me a lot of signs that he just uses me for the emotional intimacy he isn't getting from the girl he wants to be with. I think I'm going to not talk to him for a week. Just keep busy. Keep to myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
For the majority of people that are (or were) in my life: I do not have to. My close friends/previous close friends either became too distanced to be within reach, or they just did not want to be friends with me anymore - these relationships faded and died on their own. As for the immediate family members that I currently live with: I do not have an answer. I am trying to find an affordable house to rent in the area that I live in now, and intend to live on my own for a while which is what I have wanted to do for a very long time. Perhaps this will help with disconnection?

B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
For the majority of people that are (or were) in my life: I do not have to. My close friends/previous close friends either became too distanced to be within reach, or they just did not want to be friends with me anymore - these relationships faded and died on their own. As for the immediate family members that I currently live with: I do not have an answer. I am trying to find an affordable house to rent in the area that I live in now, and intend to live on my own for a while which is what I have wanted to do for a very long time. Perhaps this will help with disconnection?
Very true. I definitely need to move out asap and live alone for this to become easier.