B

blacknwhitedreams

Jan 27, 2022
I have come to painful realization that I have naive somewhat gullible personality. Feeling helpless due to how easily people around me are able to lie and deliberately create misunderstandings about one another. I can't figure out when they are lying. Constantly worrying about it makes my chest hurt. I fear this stress will give me heart disease.

Anyone else deal with similar problems. What do you guys do about it?

• Hugs
Reactions: jinx <3
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
Develop some skepticism, gain some life experience, be a little bit cynical, learn games that require you to understand your opponents' motives. Read fiction/history and review/analyze the plot/ info. Take a break from your thoughts so they don't overwhlem you when the naivety sets in...and last but not least, cultivate awareness and observant behaviour. Be very sensitive to detail(peoples' socioeconomic background and therefore their motives, not in an overt manner but just enough that it doesn't go over your head. Open mindedness helps too

B

blacknwhitedreams

Jan 27, 2022
Develop some skepticism, gain some life experience, be a little bit cynical, learn games that require you to understand your opponents' motives. Read fiction/history and review/analyze the plot/ info. Take a break from your thoughts so they don't overwhlem you when the naivety sets in...and last but not least, cultivate awareness and observant behaviour. Be very sensitive to detail(peoples' socioeconomic background and therefore their motives, not in an overt manner but just enough that it doesn't go over your head. Open mindedness helps too

But how? I understand it on conscious level but when I am in situation it all seems useless. I forgot to mention I struggled with stress induced psychosis since teenage. I am more likely to become paranoid and doubt incorrect things. Pay attention to wrong details. Make wrong inferences. Not to mention cognitive problems that come with it. Not able to pay attention. Listen properly.

What frustrates me about my psychiatrist is his overemphasis on behavioral interventions. I get overwhelmed by gossip and small talk at work. End up more stressed when I return home. This is what brought me on this forum. Makes me consider suicide.