• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
I'm not quite ready for CTB yet, and when I get those urges I instead resort to cutting myself with a pocket knife. Usually it's every 2-3 days, just quick slits, enough to bleed. I've mostly been doing it on my left wrist so I can hide the cuts under my watch.

Does anybody else cut? How often? How deep? Why?

Reactions: Cherry_BB, TuttiFrutti, PeterRabbit28064212 and 1 other person
BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

🎲🎲
Aug 10, 2021
It's been several months but I like to cut on my thighs when I do.

Reactions: girlsboysthems
cali22♡

cali22♡

Student
Nov 11, 2023
I used to do it with a blade, it hurt for the first time but this has subsided and where people have put me down for cutting myself I have left it but the scars and wounds remain

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
it's been a while since i cut. when i did i was never as intense/serious abt it as others are. all that matters to me is seeing the blood, & the scabbing afterwards. sometimes if i was bored i'd try cutting words/shapes into my skin as a fun lil challenge, but those have faded now. i cut with a pocketknife or a razor blade, always on my forearms so i can see them easily.

my main motivation for cutting was seeing the harm i'd enacted on myself heal. something abt that really soothed me. when i was still in school & would start having thoughts/feelings i didn't wanna have, i'd run my thumb over the scabs to help ground me/give me something to focus on. i also really just enjoyed seeing the skin split & the blood come out, & the way cuts sting in the shower. dk why though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATort and girlsboysthems
almondmilk

almondmilk

And you know, for you, I'd bleed myself dry
Mar 7, 2023
i use razors. are the most efficient imo . i cut myself almost every day , i have some scars where i went really really deep , and some cuts that look like scratches, it depends . i do it because i feel better , it's comforting , and ngl the razor is the only thing that has never abandoned me when i needed it the most.

notherenotnow

notherenotnow

i wish i was 2 years old again
Oct 7, 2023
I do it on my thighs, hips and sometimes the lower parts of my legs. I've been using the same blade for the past 3 ywars, which I took out my a sharpener, which is probably really bad and unhigenic, but I can't afford anything better now.
The first cut is always the worst, but the rest are easy. First I usually hold the blade against my skin without cutting it and debate about whether I should cut at all, and after that everything goes smoothly. Multiple cuts on the same small space. I watch the blood fall down my legs and then go take a shower.

Reactions: Sylveon and girlsboysthems
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I usually cut around my inner forearms, wrists, and occasionally behind my knees. Before, the deepest I'd go would be the stryo but lately I've been cutting deep enough to see my fat. I used to use a pencil sharpener blade (been using it for years, but I've never gotten an infection since I always made sure to clean it and the cuts) but now I use safety razor blades.

Before I used to do it every few months but for the last past few months I've been doing it at least once per week. I think part of why is because the other methods of nssi that I usually use haven't been cutting it as of late (no pun intended).

I typically do it when I'm in emotional distress or when I feel like punishing myself.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
ive been doing it for a long time now, im trying to contain it and do it on one part of the body but at this point im just cutting over scar tissue and it doesnt even bleed anymore. just opens and gapes. i am deathly afraid of infections, because i have a tatttoo nearby and i dont want to get an infection and get my leg cut off. i use razors.

SilentSuicidal

SilentSuicidal

Jun 4, 2022
Lately it's been on my stomach and chest, just because it's easier to hide

breatheout

breatheout

spotty with being online. chronically online tbh
Dec 17, 2023
I usually do it on my ankles. Not much fat so it bleeds easily and I wear lots of knee high socks so I can cover my leg with cuts and hide it easily. If anything, it bleeds a bit too much and is a bit of a hassle to clean up. If anyone starts cutting their ankles, do it before a shower. Bleeding into the water so less of a cleanup and cleaning it so less risk of infection.

FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
I smash a shaving razor and get an individual blade out. The cut will be wider when I use the end that is bent from where I pulled it away from the screw that held it in place. I cut on my thighs and upper arms because I don't think I would actually be successful on my wrist, I would just get scars on my wrist that people would judge me for. I'm not satisfied until my blood is everywhere.
I usually pass out after w/o cleaning them. I general I don't clean them because I don't like facing what I've done. I know I'm begging for an infection.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I used razor blade. I m not doing it anymore at least for now. I started with a kitchen knife, with razors it is much easier though. I cut my arms and sometimes my thighs. Once I cut my face.

CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Usually razors. I try my best to clean everything, but sometimes it's difficult bc I don't rlly have the motivation. So when I started cutting I used my forearms/shoulders but bc it was too obvious I cut my hips instead, but sometimes someone sees a part of it and yeah I just make up some dumb shit.
If I'm not home and really have to rn, I just yank my fingernails in my arm. It bleeds, but it's not that obvious sh.

HemlockWizard

HemlockWizard

Ethereal herb waiting to wilt
Jan 20, 2024
I cut a handful of times a week now. When I first started it was daily, but not deep. I've accidentally cut deep on occasion and I have gnarly scars from those incidents. I use whatever is sharp and available. I've gotten creative when I was younger. Nowadays I only cut my thighs, but I have cut my wrists, forearms, shoulders, and calves.

I cut to relieve emotional overwhelm and self hatred. I partake in little to no wound care or preparation. Never had an infection, but I'd recommend wound care to those who do self harm of any kind.

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
My hips or under my stomach using a cheap utility knife. It was never that deep or severe. Frequent, but not severe. Partly because all I needed was a bit of blood and the mild after sting. And partly because it's not easy to go deep with those. Atleast not as easy as using something more expensive and sharp.

PeterRabbit28064212

PeterRabbit28064212

28:06:42:12
Jan 28, 2024
i first started sh through burning and i would leave small 2nd degree burns on my inner calve. i only did this when things were genuinely too overwhelming because some of them took multiple weeks to heal and the reasoning was either when the sui urges were too much or during a 3 month episode i would burn as a way to keep track of my flashbacks by the number of scars. ( during this specific time i was constantly doubting my own memories, triggering myself to prove they weren't made up, and going back to doubting if it was real or just me being "dramatic" unless there was physical proof.)

then after about 6 months of burning i realized that the scars took way too long to fade (even when i did proper aftercare they are still discolored and purple) and i didnt want to attract any more attention to my sh so i switched to cutting. i cut on my thighs primarily using razors but ive used the broken inner circle on soda tabs a few times when traveling. it is all very superficial ("cat scratches" if you are on shtwt). i cut alot more frequently than i used to burn tho and do it probably every other day atp ( not exactly a point of pride but i disinfection my tools so its whatever) for almost any reason. the main ones are out of self disgust / guilt or if im panicking carving or cutting slow helps give me something else to focus on and the physical sensation centers me and focuses me back on the present moment.

shinohara

shinohara

Feb 26, 2023
I don't do it that often anymore, mostly because it's annoying to deal with. But sometimes I "treat" myself. Only on the upper thighs now (easiest to hide), and maybe a few strays elsewhere (who doesn't get random cuts now and again). And never "that" deep (I've never needed stitches or anything). I've also tried other methods of SH but cutting is the easiest to do/hide.
I'm not entirely sure why I do it. I think at some point, I did it as punishment. But now it's kind of just fun? Of course there's a "rush" from it, but I think it's mostly because I like seeing the blood and damage.

turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
I score my left arm and right thigh with cheap japanese retractable knifes I got off aliexpress. I typically buy my knives in bulk and hide them around the house so that nobody finds them. The knifes doesn't leave too much bleeding but it's good enough for someone with barely any money.

I cut my arm so much it looks like someone printed a tiger pattern on me,, I used to do both arms but I found it irritating to cut my right arm so I just keep to one arm and one thigh. I kinda like how the scars are on opposite limbs,, I like stroking my cuts after they start forming scabs. Scars don't exactly bother me, I just like feeling them. it's almost comforting.

beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
I've used an x-acto knife for the last two years. Last time I cut was a proper attempt and I wound up needing sutures. That was super painful and has put me off cutting deeply lol

Reactions: shinohara and girlsboysthems
D

DeletedAccount0864

Experienced
Dec 17, 2023
I haven't done it in some time, but when I did, I'd use a razor blade on my forearms and upper legs. Feels very relieving, unfortunately. The scars will never heal. I'm trash.

almondmilk

almondmilk

And you know, for you, I'd bleed myself dry
Mar 7, 2023
I do it on my thighs, hips and sometimes the lower parts of my legs. I've been using the same blade for the past 3 ywars, which I took out my a sharpener, which is probably really bad and unhigenic, but I can't afford anything better now.
The first cut is always the worst, but the rest are easy. First I usually hold the blade against my skin without cutting it and debate about whether I should cut at all, and after that everything goes smoothly. Multiple cuts on the same small space. I watch the blood fall down my legs and then go take a shower.
get some of those face razors , are like 1-2 euros on shein , they're very very good

• Love
Reactions: notherenotnow
SylveonFan

SylveonFan

Krispy
Oct 23, 2023
I'm not quite ready for CTB yet, and when I get those urges I instead resort to cutting myself with a pocket knife. Usually it's every 2-3 days, just quick slits, enough to bleed. I've mostly been doing it on my left wrist so I can hide the cuts under my watch.

I cut slightly under my shoulder, I used to cut my arm, but I got scared my family would see them. I dont cut very deep, but ill cut until I bleed. I dont do it as often has I used to, but I do it when I get suicidal, to kinda get my mind off of the thoughts.

Reactions: HemlockWizard
Sylveon

Sylveon

Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
I cut on my thighs with sharper blades till the dermis (that white layer); earlier, I used to use a compass, and while it didn't cut as deep, the scars it left are still visible (although they're starting to fade now).
I do it every time I take a shower (it's easier to clean up).

Last edited:
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
i used to use scissors and blades from pencil sharpeners but then i bought some razor blades and never went back! i have some light scarring on my wrist and also some bigger/deeper ones that still haven't turned white after years. i ran out of space on my wrist since i don't like cutting through scars, so now when i do cut i do it on my hips or upper thigh. mostly just slits but i have done some shapes for interesting scars. i usually pinch the area im cutting and try to cut deep in one swift (haha.. swift. my username) motion

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Not for ages, but always the top of my legs.

CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
I usually cut my thighs or upper arm, though I have on more rare occasions cut my forearms, calfs, chest, face, or neck. I usually use those like boxcuttter style craft knives. Like a mini boxcutter basically. I prefer cutting down into dermis to leave a more noticeable scar, but sometimes I just do little ones to get the feeling out and not have as long of a healing period.

Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
I usually do it on my ankles. Not much fat so it bleeds easily and I wear lots of knee high socks so I can cover my leg with cuts and hide it easily. If anything, it bleeds a bit too much and is a bit of a hassle to clean up. If anyone starts cutting their ankles, do it before a shower. Bleeding into the water so less of a cleanup and cleaning it so less risk of infection.
Where on your ankles do you cut? Is it the bony part on the inside, or the front or back?

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
forearms and upper thighs with a small blackhandle kitchen knife

LilPeepLuver420

LilPeepLuver420

ruined flowers
Jun 10, 2023

I use barber razor blades on my inner wrists and thighs i usually go to fats deep but thats it