R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
I know everyone on here struggle with suicidal thoughts or ideation but how do you guys cope when it all gets too much?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, kunikuzushi, wren-briar and 3 others
E

ebg

Sep 30, 2024
Talk to people, think about how I can be of use to others, listen to music while pacing around my room, cry or hit myself.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, Roseate and apearl
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
I take a walk and try to see and hear things that others would miss (today I noticed a dead raccoon under a bush... that wasn't great, usually I find nicer things)
Sometimes I try to find someone to verbally tell me that I'm not unwanted and useless and irrelevant. That takes a little fishing...I don't have a lot of people to go to for that.
And yes music or reading for me too. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, Roseate and apearl
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
Find somewhere where I can cry alone and then cry till my head hurts. 👍

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, tinyboxer, Roseate and 1 other person
SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
I can't even cry anymore, because that would hurt too much. I've decided I don't want to be want to be in pain anymore. Even if that means blocking everything out. I'm pretty good at not being miserable about it, the pain is not gonna be how I go out. I am choosing to leave this world unaffected.

Reactions: wren-briar and Roseate
grungy自殺

grungy自殺

All apologies.....
Jan 9, 2024
I vent it out on something and somewhere private where at least no one call hear and see me feel depressed and suicidal

I would play music on my phone, and listen to some lessons about a particular language that i'm learning

Play a couple of video games on my tv (not as often these days due to time)

And occasionally play on my instrument

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, Roseate and Redacted24
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
Talk to people, think about how I can be of use to others, listen to music while pacing around my room, cry or hit myself.
Thanks. Does it ever get to a point where none of that works? And your brain just actively try to like work overtime against you?
I take a walk and try to see and hear things that others would miss (today I noticed a dead raccoon under a bush... that wasn't great, usually I find nicer things)
Sometimes I try to find someone to verbally tell me that I'm not unwanted and useless and irrelevant. That takes a little fishing...I don't have a lot of people to go to for that.
And yes music or reading for me too. :heart:
Thanks, it's just hard and I'm going to assume you know what I mean, sometimes it seems like what people say don't matter as much but what my mind tells me. Like it knows me more than anyone and if it says it, well it must be true.
I can't even cry anymore, because that would hurt too much. I've decided I don't want to be want to be in pain anymore. Even if that means blocking everything out. I'm pretty good at not being miserable about it, the pain is not gonna be how I go out. I am choosing to leave this world unaffected.
How do you do that? Block everything?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wren-briar and Redacted24
LondonVillie

LondonVillie

Nov 13, 2020
Unironically Stimfapping for 2-3 days straight every 2 weeks

nothing else makes me lose myself enough to escape depression and gain joy from anything

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The human body will always find a way to cope...

...until it can't anymore. That's when the bus swings by.

Reactions: kunikuzushi, apearl, Roseate and 1 other person
alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
There is a point where simply nothing works and that's why we CTB. Before that point, working out/exercising can be helpful. And there is drugs: I know opiates would help but i cant get them.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and wren-briar
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
For me that's why I go out and look with care and deliberateness at what is within line of sight, and listen attentively to all of the sounds.

Those are all real. The squirrel rustling the leaves. The crows doing their thing. Some person a block away talking loudly. Real. The voices inside? Maybe, maybe not.

It gives me a reason to doubt.

It helps me find perspective, at least a little.

And that's where the music helps too. Just a thought. :heart:

Reactions: Roseate
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Weed and booze, after the kids get to sleep. During day work keeps things off my mind most if the time.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
In extreme cases of "If I don't do something I will CTB", I panic call someone who I will know of 99% certainty cannot call aa welfare check or police on me, but even then I'm delicate as ask if they're okay with a sudden serious discussion, barely directly saying I'm suicidial but talk about the reasons why.

Typically, otherwise, I play videogames until I'm tired.

Only a few times I was so overwhelmed I took weed gummies. The high literally takes my suicidial thoughts away more than any SSRI prescribed in the past.

Last edited:
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
It's always a struggle for me to find a way to cope. All I have left is listen to music that's so overstimulating it makes me dissociate. Or watch my favorite streamer whenever he's live

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't. I just wait it out until I'm able to sleep then I repeat the same thing again. I don't have any coping mechanisms as nothing works for me

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I find here a great comfort. Most of the time in general, I try to distract myself with music, films, box sets, pod casts on in the background. My workload is usually huge too. Motivation to do it is more lacking than it used to be but ultimately, I know I need to make myself. The aternative of failing is worse.

Ultimately though, I tell myself I can't die now. I need to wait till my Dad goes first. Sometimes it frightens me how long I may have to wait. Whether I can hold on. Sometimes it frightens me the other way that, it will happen and I'll need to act quickly. The actual act of it still frightens me so much.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case there's no choice but for me to suffer and I'm always so tired of suffering in this cruel, torturous existence, I should have ceased existing a while ago but really I never should have suffered at all. All I wish for is to never exist again where finally I can be at peace, I've suffered so much for so long and it causes me so much pain how I cannot just have a death like never waking again to finally escape from all the suffering and cruelty.