Overblot

Overblot

Sep 17, 2023
Tbh, I am afraid. Thinking about the future scares me, and the older I get it becomes worse. I have days on which I cry myself to sleep, begging to idk-who to just *end* this. I also have days of the opposite; crying because I *can't* end this; thinking of who I leave behind, the uncertain and the fate of my cats.
Just how do you cope with life?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, ThisUnrest, HighFlight and 5 others
Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
It's really difficult. Days of torment thinking about ctb & at other times still feeling miserable from not going through with it already. I know it's hard to think about what may become of those around you after death & even before ctb as others may treat you differently. But I cope with gaming & going out alone for long walks. Games help me experience a more ideal & fun reality while going out for walks helps me enjoy peaceful nature

• Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi, The Burning Fool and Harrow
strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Feel free to contact me <3
Aug 29, 2023
i take a breath and look for one thing i wouldnt have if i cbted earlier like i wouldnt have read my favorite book, its hard because life is to endure and struggle but enduring can butterfly effect into something wonderful

• Love
Reactions: HighFlight, Harrow and Pyxel
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also feel dread for what lies ahead in this cruel and meaningless existence, it's terrifying how this existence could potentially go on for decades if somehow I don't cease existing. And to answer the question as long as I exist there is simply no choice but to suffer and suffering is inevitable in this existence. Only death could ever bring me the relief I search for and comfort me.

Reactions: Pyxel
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
Escapism. Mostly books and video games. Life may suck but fantasy can be amazing and a nice distraction.

• Love
Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., pole, Pyxel and 1 other person
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
I self-harm by drinking and smoking.

• Hugs
Reactions: JustBreathing and Pyxel
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Escapism through music tbh. Only issue is that it sometimes gives me the will to live (even though I don't have much to live for imo)

• Hugs
Reactions: JustBreathing, The Burning Fool and Pyxel
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
definitely escapism like others mentioned.

my favourite thing in the whole world is ASOIF. anything GOT/HOTD related helps me a lot. love just escaping into that realm and thinking about the characters, the story, it's a love of mine that helps me escape for a brief moment.

on the other hand, constant self-reflection while i lay in bed in the dark. i need to give myself space to think about how I'm feeling, reflect on what I'm going through, and let it out. i just hug my pillow and let my mind wander aimlessly letting it release that mental pain.

give yourself space to let it out. it fucking hurts, but it stings when you allow it to linger and carry over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, JustBreathing and Harrow
JustBreathing

JustBreathing

Jul 22, 2023
Escapism yeah. I spend almost all my free time listening to music,playing video games and watching videos. I also self harm and overeat and make myself throw up afterwards.

jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Escapism, distraction and weed

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
A small dose of Ativan but it only helps a little bit. I'm freaking out because I'm totally socially isolated due to exhaustion from health problems. Loneliness gives me bad anxiety.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
  1. Consider why I'm running around alive (since I have the means & will to die if I don't have a purpose here)
  2. Figure out wtf I'm not accomplishing those goals
  3. Go back to #1 whenever needed

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I don't feel like I cope that well. I like to escape by sleeping and just escaping to my "happy place" in my head. I find it hard to do much else these days thanks to depression and anxiety.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
This is very relatable. Like everyone else, escapism, although lately, that doesn't work because most days, I have no interest in anything. Sleeping works. Also researching suicide methods when it gets really bad. All in all, I don't think I cope that well.

iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
Selfharm, maladaptive daydreaming and sleeping