onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
This month I got back into a routine, I managed to get a new job, I'm even managing to be productive at work and honestly it helps to pass the time but I feel that sadness is something that always accompanies me. I try to disguise it but I feel it can be read in my eyes. Is there a mechanism that you have adopted for when you feel sad? Apart from taking benzos? When I take it I actually feel less sad :(

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, Pluto and S like suicide
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't feel sad as such, but I seem to fit every other facet of depression. I don't enjoy anything, I'm always emotionally flat. Always unsatisfied in some way. I don't know how to cope with it, I just have to take minute by minute, day by day, week by week. It's painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, Endex and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endex and looseye
Nirrend

Nirrend

The important is not how long you live ...
Mar 12, 2022
Hi sweet @onlyanimalsaregood

It's always difficult to give a miracle solution to get rid of emotions related to depression, mood disorders and anxiety.

Already, it is considered that the management of depression is based on 3 axes
-Medication (which seems to work on you, so antidepressants, anxiolytics...)
-Therapy (whether it's talking or approaches related to behaviour and thoughts to change what we call patterns. To give you an image, a schema is like glasses with a filter that makes you see the world according to the colour of the filter. These glasses (filter) will always generate the same thoughts. The objective is to find the theme of your pattern and to make it more flexible, to learn to counteract routine thoughts. For example, if you say to yourself (and I think you sometimes do) "I must look weird" "I'm rubbish" "I'm doing it wrong", you have to ask yourself "Am I really doing everything wrong, haven't I already succeeded in many things in my life?" (Even the most trivial things have to be considered, because you have to break the routine of thinking that the brain has got used to having)
-Motivation (it depends on the person, because to get out of depression is not easy, you have to fight against it relentlessly, motivate yourself to do sports, to do things you like, to smile)

We know, for example, thanks to several studies that the simple fact of forcing yourself to smile is enough to secrete neurotransmitters in the brain that are responsible for the feeling of joy.

We should not hesitate to talk about what makes us sad, to face the events that were traumatic in the past by addressing them deeply and accepting them.

I think about the loneliness you feel inside, because you said that no matter how much energy you put into someone, you always end up alone... Maybe the issues of rejection, abandonment and loneliness would be something to address to understand deep down why it hurts you so much 😊

You can also have fun noting 3x a day (morning, noon and evening) your mood (from 0 to 10. 10 being very happy and 0 being very sad), you will see that it fluctuates a lot and that sadness is not the only thing you feel!

Depression only makes you perceive negative things, I think that even if it's very complicated to live, you have to do as you already do, don't despair and stay courageous.

Don't forget that it's because of depression that you live things the way you do, knowing that it's not your fault but hers, you'll be able to distance yourself from her more easily!

Depression affects memory performance, attention, you are also slower. Brain imaging shows that the brain is less activated and produces fewer transmitters. Don't forget that, even if people tend to think so, you are not "slow, dazed or a sad person", it is the depression that lives its life through you.

What I like to say to people is that, since being in depression is very abstract, imagine yourself, facing a black human-looking figure, like a shadow. This shadow is depression and all that goes with it (fatigue, anxiety, sadness, anger, remorse, low self-esteem, shyness...).

Well, now imagine yourself beating her up, but really like you were in a ring, you're beating her up. Punch her in the face until she forfeits.

It's a good idea to have a concrete idea of a problem, it can also help sometimes 😉

Don't despair and keep writing here about your feelings. As long as it helps you, we're fine with it 😊

I wish you the best, hang in there, the sky is blue but you can't see it yet because of all those clouds!

PS: I sent you a DM, and even another one a while ago, I don't know if you saw them!

Love ❤

• Love
Reactions: FutureHanger, deadliftEnjoyer, S like suicide and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I spend as much time as I can in fantasy worlds through TV, movies, videogames, and books. It's not a healthy coping mechanism by any means, but it does the job.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, S like suicide and onlyanimalsaregood
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Most of the time I just try to distract myself, I smoke weed to help with that but it honestly doesnt do much for the emotion, just makes finding something to distract myself with a little easier
And Im almost out, anyway

Otherwise I dont really have anything the helps me cope
The emotion just builds up and eventually overflows- I end up shaking like a chihuahua and crying and my mind goes wild
At that point I either just try to wait it out and see if it passes, or like I inevitably end up doing, cut and I feel more numb to it

Lately Ive been coming here to this forum when it starts to hit me
But I dont know that its helping much

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
This month I got back into a routine, I managed to get a new job, I'm even managing to be productive at work and honestly it helps to pass the time but I feel that sadness is something that always accompanies me. I try to disguise it but I feel it can be read in my eyes. Is there a mechanism that you have adopted for when you feel sad? Apart from taking benzos? When I take it I actually feel less sad :(
Baileys Irish Cream, Amaretto, and THC gummies are short-term relief for me on occasion.
More use of THC gummies though as they don't give hangovers.

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I cope by planning my way to ctb

5B4A89D6 1EEA 4A15 B52C 0036E11C8FD2

• Aww..
W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
I just live with the pain, drink alcohol and distract myself with the internet and games as much as possible.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and whatevs