• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
I am severely depressed and have been like this for years. No matter what I do I keep coming back to the same state of mental agony. The only way I can describe it is it feels like I have a something heavy inside my chest and it makes me want to die.

I know there are people struggling with depression too. Does this sound familiar? Have you been able to make it better some way?

The only "medication" I can afford right now are cigs and alcohol, but I quit it all because it's shit. Hopefully I'll get hired soon and will be able to afford therapy.
For now I have to cope, please help me.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and ColorlessTrees
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have had massive depression for all of my 68 years on this rotating rock. I totally agree with you as far as a long time ago I tried alcohol and all that did was to magnify the problem with numerous trips to the porcelain throne. Bad headaches and it was even worse when I came around from the stupor.

1) I close my eyes get in a comfy chair or position, start to breath slowly and start forming the mental image of a long valley in the Alps with a onion domed church on the valley floor and a lovely lake besides the church. I am standing on a peak looking north ward and after a while my breathing has really slowed down and I can almost smell the pine forest and it is like a trance for me. It took me a very long time to condition my mind, breathing everything but this works for me.

2) I keep a stash of my favorite goodies on hand, and I will get on the net and find a bunch of songs that I like, start playing them on low volume and slowly enjoy a few pieces, I will eat one piece then wait and savor it, then another and so forth.

3) I live in a northern climate, so in the winter months when there is little light, I will turn on my light bar, put a long-playing bunch of ocean sounds, surf crashing onto the rocks, sea gulls talking, and I can almost smell the salt air breeze and with the light bar it is so relaxing and really lifts my spirits up.

4) This is where SaSu is SO important to/for me. I have in the past hopped on here and seen that someone that I have spoken with before is on the site and hit them up for some quality human interaction. This not only starts getting my mind out of the dumps, but the engagement aspect makes me think of times, events etc. that have made me happy in the past.

I wish you all the best, lots of hugs and well wishes and you are such a kindred soul.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, Edistrying and rosalind3737